IGNORED

Epl Managerial Movement

Carlo Ancelotti was let go by AC Milan today, which everyone assumes is the first step towards him taking over Chelsea.

And there's a breaking report just now that Roberto Mancini, the former coach of Inter Milan, is telling people he's been offered the job at Sunderland.

If both of those come true, the first Chelsea-Sunderland match of the season could be an interesting one.

Guest efctaxi

I wonder if Ferguson will call it quits .

Hughes needs another season , but will he get it ?

I don't see Phil Brown being in the Chairmans good books .

Redknapp to Portsmouth or Sunderland ? :P

Not too sure about Ancelloti. He may do well but I think he'll be another Scolari/ Ramos with the language barrier causing real problems.

I'm of the same opinion Jamie. I knew Scolari would do fuck all but I'm not as sure about that with Ancelloti, I think he might win something but not the title.

I'm of the same opinion Jamie. I knew Scolari would do fuck all but I'm not as sure about that with Ancelloti, I think he might win something but not the title.

I think he'll be like Benitez success wise. Will do well in Europe but be an also-ran in the league. I strongly believe that Chelsea would have won the league next year if Hiddink had stayed on.

I strongly believe that Chelsea would have won the league next year if Hiddink had stayed on.

I agree. If you look at their team player for player they're much stronger than Arsenal and Liverpool, and probably (just) United as well. Playing to their potential (as they were under Hiddink) they'd have been favourites for me.

There was a moment on Saturday when I first saw the line-ups I thought, "we're f'cked." Certainly wouldn't have got that feeling from any XI Liverpool or Arsenal could put out.

Not too sure about Ancelloti. He may do well but I think he'll be another Scolari/ Ramos with the language barrier causing real problems.

I disagree .. a team with a German, lots of Africans, couple of Portuguese, Brazilian, some French and God knows what else .. does it really matter that much if the coach speaks only broken english? :)

Or was the reason Hiddink did well that he gave them all a crash-course in "speaking English with a Dutch accent"?

Is there any foreigner on ManU who has ANY idea what Ferguson is talking about?

A lot of coaches have succeeded in countries where they didn't 100% master the language, it's all about tactical minds and recognizing opportunities ..

I don't see the language thingy as a problem at all. Ancelloti is a good coach, with success at the highest levels of football. I'm sure he'll do well. I'm especially interested to see which transfers he's gonna make.

Well they better hope that he can talk German, Portugese, French and a variety of langiages spoken from the african speaking nations then. He still needs to be able to communicate with the players, and in fairness its an english club so it should be carried out in Enlglish. Even Benitezx understands! Liverpool have a large contingent of spanish players but he will fine them if he hears them talking spanish to each other while thye are in training or on the pitch.

Ancelloti has to learn English, and fast, if he doesn't then how can he communicate his ideas? If he tries in broken English then that is where problems are going to arise as the messages will become mixed and confused.

worst case scenario he gets a translator at his side at all times and has his assistant coach yelling on the sidelines instead of him .. don't see the problem.

language is just a way to communicate, what is relevant is -what- you communicate :) .. and that's where I think, given his record, that he'll be succesful.

Scolari's style is one of big gestures and motivational speaking (language more important than substance), Ramos is simply overrated and only acquainted with Spanish football .. both didn't work ...

Ancelloti knows football, that's why I made the comparison to Ferguson.

There are enough other examples (Sollied in Belgium/Netherlands/Greece, Gerets in Turkey, Mcclaren in Netherlands, ...)..

Edited by holystove