IGNORED

Player Of The Season

How do yo know who the "official"" MOTM was? Do Everton post that on their official site?

If not.... how do you know they dont do that.....

Im sure the official Player of the season award is voted for anyway..... at the end of te season...

Screech was Toffeetalks MOTM winner... It desnt meen he was theirs....or anybody elses...

Maybe we could have two? MOTM Player of the Season & Player of the season as voted by Toffeetalk members

Just struck me that, although we're saying Pienaar only won it because Jags got injured and missed the last five games, Pienaar missed the start of the season through injury.

Checking the stats Jags actually played 42 games over the season (plus one as sub) against Pienaar's 33 (+2).

What about Player of the month instead of man of the match?

i think that will rule out the fact that one game 200 people cast a vote and another game only 50.

Just struck me that, although we're saying Pienaar only won it because Jags got injured and missed the last five games, Pienaar missed the start of the season through injury.

Checking the stats Jags actually played 42 games over the season (plus one as sub) against Pienaar's 33 (+2).

That's because of the fact that pienaar, if he won, he won by a margin of 20 votes or so and alot more people seemed to be voting on that games (at least that's how I remember it)

We could give one vote at the end of the season, but that's no fun is it?

The perfect system doesn't exsist unfortunatly.

Edited by Churinga

There's numerous options, we could select a Sunday Paper and go with their Player Ratings every week, but as i have already stated there will be some who will not be happy no matter what system is in place, and its all because they think their favourite player should have won. :P

Guest efctaxi
If it was'nt good enough for the Club its not good enough for Toffeetalk. ;) Fellaini had most MOTMs, the Club and the Media gave it to Jags.

Shouldn't that be the other way round ?

I personally couldn't give 2 hoots what the club think if I'm honest . It's what the fans think that counts most :)

Jags played great most of the season , but was pretty dire in a few matches too if we're fair , including the game where he got injured .

The spotlight moved from Arteta , to Baines , to Jags , and eventually to Pienaar with Mo interupting the flow somewhat .

No way was Pienaar our best player of the season .

That was easily a 3 way tussle between Baines , Jags , and Fellaini , but when Jags and Pienaar got motm , they scored lots of votes if I remember correctly , and when the other 2 got them , the votes were spread a little more .

The fact that Fellaini got the motm 8 times , and didn't play in the derbies , or Uefa says a lot about the guy , and also gave an indication that the fans ( when polled ) disagreed with the club , though he did win the Young Player award .

Again only my opinion . :)

As for the voting , everyone applauds Mike for his efforts , as it is indeed the system that is open for debate , not him ( well .... mostly the system ) . :lol:

Maybe total votes could be used as a goal difference somehow :P

I think the formula one system (10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1) looks like the best way to go. I wonder who would have won with that?

But with this kind of awards, there will always be people who disagree based on their personal preferences.

But hell... I can live with the result, although Jags maybe should've won it...

Edited by TD_1985

What is so wrong with Pienaar winning? If anything, I think some of your behavior shows how underrated he is by the fans.

Week in and week out he was the only midfielder capable of putting in a good cross. Unlike some of our other midgets, he always would track back to make a crucial tackle. He was obviously slowed by injuries at times, but he never once complained.

I for one feel that Pienaar deserves this award -- as we all obviously thought his contributions week in and week out were superb and a large part of our success.

Here is to you Peanuts - this is one Toffee who recognizes how important you were to the team.

Guest efctaxi
Actually I think the majority of our problems with Pienaar, or at least mine, was his INability to put in a decent final ball :P

Agreed .

Towards the end of the season , he started to improve the end product some what .

Guest efctaxi
it wasn't till Baines got in the team that he started to improve.

How else could he improve lol ? Reading Left Back Improvement manuals ? :lol: