IGNORED

Moutinho

"Newcastle's Smith, who was booed by his own fans on Saturday, will join Love at Goodison Park but the spending won't stop there, and Everton are hopeful they will add Real Zaragoza striker Diego Milito, Rennes midfielder Stephane M'Bia and Joao Moutinho of Sporting Lisbon to their squad before the window closes."

Hm, if all that will really happen it would be absolutely great, Moyes said the truth then and really sign his 5 needed players then and we would be definitely ready for the new season!

That was one batch of players. Who recently have they produced? Sure they had one good batch, but nothing for a while, and not much before then. Sporting have a clear history of world class players being churned out from there youth system. Players like Ronaldo anf Figo have been considered among the best in the world at one point or antoher, players like Lampard or Cole, while good are only ever going to be seen as the best in england (and at the moment thats hardly saying much!, they have or never will be considered to be the best in the world.

I stand by my statement. West Ham had one good bunch of player, doesn't mean they have a good youth system.

It's not ridiculous, look at the players they've produced in recent years, Lampard, Cole, Defoe and Rio. All England ints, or did you miss that

yeah, those are big names. we've always had a good youth prospecting program, and in recent years, with a new complex build where all our youth teams train, play and most of them live there, since we have youngsters from all over the country (and some foreigners too), we have had a greater nunmber of top notch players recently, and i don't think it'll stop. already i see some interesting youngsters that just made seniors this year.

I know we're mostly a seller, in our country, and in our current economic state, we can't really be anything else. BUT it would be nice to hang on to them for a few more years, win some more trophies, get better conditions so that maybe, down the road, we don't have to sell anymore...

Read my previous post. I know who West Ham have produced. I didn't "miss it". But that bunch of players emereged 5 or 6 years ago. For me you need a long tradtion of churning out players to be considered a have great youth acadmy. West Ham have in recent years created one bunch of good players. None of which really compare that well with the likes of Sporting.

I still stand by my statement. One group of players doens't mean you have a great youth acadamy, In 93' Man Utd came out with a great bunch of players from there youth acadamy (Beckham, Giggs, Scholes etc..) You can't say they have a great youth system, even though they recently created one great group. The same can be said about West Ham

Edited by jamiemaher85

I know who they produced. I didn't "miss it". But that bunch of players emereged 5 or 6 years ago. For me you need a long tradtion of churning out players to be considered a have great youth acadmy. West Ham have in recent years created one bunch of good players. None of which really compare that well with the likes of Sporting.

I still stand by my statement.

That's your right, and i admire ppl who do, do you think BK will? but i'd love any of the players i mentioned at Everton

Edited by Chris the Blue

Fair enough. I'm not trying to force you into my own view or anything. A bit of healthy banter is always good! B)

I do like some of there players they did produce. I really like Joe Cole for one, but you compare him to Ronaldo, or compare Lampard to Figo, the you can see what I mean about the class difference between West Ham's youth acadamy and Sportings.

Edited by jamiemaher85

Fair enough. I'm not trying to force you into my own view or anything. A bit of healthy banter is always good! B)

I do like some of there players they did produce. I really like Joe Cole for one, but you compare him to Ronaldo, or compare Lampard to Figo, the you can see what I mean about the class difference between West Ham's youth acadamy and Sportings.

Very very true

Dont know if anyone else has seen this link yet http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2008...verton_Dev.html

translates to "Despite the veto by Pierre Dréossi, general manager of Stade Rennais, Stephane M'Bia did not conceal it wants to leave club breton. Midfielder 22 years would be close to signing a four-year contract for Everton, said the English newspaper The Times. The other club Liverpool have finally convinced the leaders Rennes by offering them an allowance of 7.5 million. The player, he would receive a salary of 6 million over four years"

If Mbia wont put in a trasfer request well stuff him......

"The offer from Everton is too good to refuse," he told skysports.com.

"But I cannot leave on bad terms, despite the lure of the Premier League - I am caught in the middle."

Asked why he has not handed in a transfer request, he added: "It is not easy when everyone has been so kind to you."

Roughly traslated as.... Im a money grabbing bastard..

I think thats why we are stuggling the players we are after just arnt arsed....... some have apparently come out and said they would like to come here.... with the clubs not willing to sell why dont they just put in transfer requests...................

Don't footballers get 10-15% of any transfer fee as long as they don't ask for a transfer?

10-15% of £6m = £600-900k... anyone else on this site happy to pass that amount off?

He's likely to be thinking that the more noise he makes about wanting to go will force their hand and he still gets his wedge.

True what the last post said though, modern day footballer = money mad.

This lad plays in France, there's no loyalty in football nowadays, certainly not from foreigners.