IGNORED

Moutinho

It is not the hardest of all possible draws but Sporting needs to be in theit maximum strenght in all games to get through. We need a happy João Moutinho in our team... :)

i just dont like to travel to the ukraine, we sometimes handle the cold badly, but i think both we and porto have a duty to qualify, the groups are more than accessible

i just dont like to travel to the ukraine, we sometimes handle the cold badly, but i think both we and porto have a duty to qualify, the groups are more than accessible

Yeah, i think Shakhtar is an "incognita". I'd say, agreeing with you, it will be especially difficult to play in their field. But i believe this applies to all the group's teams. I like having Barcelona so that our team is faced with one of the bigest clubs in the world. It will be exciting for the players as well as for the fans.

I think we should pay 20mil for him. He is the signing we need to take the club forward. Plus Zayette and the nigerian guy, our team would be class

-----------------------------------------Howard------------------------------------------

Jacobsen----------Jagielka-------------------Yobo---------------------Lescott

-----------------------------------------Castillo------------------------------------------

Arteta----------------------------------------------------------------------------Pienaar

----------------------------Moutinho---------------Cahill--------------------------------

-----------------------------------------Yakubu------------------------------------------

Subs: Turner, Zayette, Neville, Osman, Nigerian guy (forgotten his name), Anichebe, Vaughan

I think we should pay 20mil for him. He is the signing we need to take the club forward. Plus Zayette and the nigerian guy, our team would be class

-----------------------------------------Howard------------------------------------------

Jacobsen----------Jagielka-------------------Yobo---------------------Lescott

-----------------------------------------Castillo------------------------------------------

Arteta----------------------------------------------------------------------------Pienaar

----------------------------Moutinho---------------Cahill--------------------------------

-----------------------------------------Yakubu------------------------------------------

Subs: Turner, Zayette, Neville, Osman, Nigerian guy (forgotten his name), Anichebe, Vaughan

As nice as that sounds its not really that easy. Firstly its making a huge guess that we have money to spend , let alone £20m to spend.

I personally think we can't afford him. If we could we would have made our move by now.

i reckon this is the biggest game of poker ever,

by the weekend bill and davie would have won and obtained the services of moutino or bluffed us all; including the player aka g barry.

its a bit like christmas...... shit if you dont get what your after..

3 more sleeps

As nice as that sounds its not really that easy. Firstly its making a huge guess that we have money to spend , let alone £20m to spend.

I personally think we can't afford him. If we could we would have made our move by now.

I think after this draw it might be a bit more dificult for Everton to sign Moutinho. The biggest assets Everton has to sign Moutinho is the finacial conditions offered to the player as well as being in the PL. But with the CL coming, the sporting (not the club...) appeal of international high level football might draw Moutinho closer to Sporting. It may be that even for 20 mil, Sporting (the club :) ) will not be willing to let go of the player that easy.

I guess we just wait and see what happens until the 1st of Sept.

The reason I think we won't get Moutinho is because both signings have come out of nowhere.

Remember we bid 12 million for him when we had Johnson, and that was when we were looking for other players as well.

I reckon we have 20million and there's a possibility.

Why would we go for a loan for SWP, get Jacobsen on free and loan Castillo. No money spent.

One more player... an attacking minded central mid and I reckon we'll survive.

And there was a liverpool echo story about it saying we're having one last go at Joao.

If we sign him, it will be on the last day.

Im very very optimistic about JM coming now myself like the Sporting lads have said the lure of CL football within a club that love him may be to much also Sporting will know the bigger clubs playng in the CL will have a look at their man and if he performs his price will rocket so if they have faith in the boy as im sure they do they will think ahead and keep hold as they need him and then bigger offers from more attractive clubs will come, I'd love him to come here like everyone else as he is a world class player in the making but i feel we may have left this one to late hopefully im talking out of my arse which usually is the case :D

How reliable is Wikipedia? I have no idea.

But a mate has just text saying that Wiki claims we've got Moutinho. I really hope I haven't caused a false dawn here..

Its as reliable as anything you read on the internet....so can be full of lies and untruths. I was warned off using it as a reference source in a uni course i was doing.

I take it your mate was looking at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo%C3%A3o_Moutinho

It says:

(Everton Fc) Everton Triggered Moutinho 25 Million euro release clause and he has signed a lucrative four year deal. But only Joking!

Looks like someone is having a laugh.

Ok, Just added this little snippet myself to the wiki page:-

In 2008 Everton failed to sign Moutinho due to there misvaluation of the player. They hotly persued the player but could not match Sporting's 25m Euro valuation. Everton instead offered £3.80, half a pack of Murray Mints and a second hand copy of Half Man Half Buiscuits début album. Sporting laughed off this offer and Bill Kenwright cried all the way to his next performance of Evita.

I've just been having a nosey through google with Portuguese as my prefered language and came across this its from today, its not the most clear reading ever but basically says from what i can gather that Mountinho wasnt granted his 10% share from the bid we made and isnt very happy about it which gives a little hope in its self also that they are waiting for another offer from us this week

Anderson Polga was the leonine captain in the Sunday dérbi, when the absence of John Moutinho was given and he appeared pleased with to installment of the team in the triumph on the embodied ones, which considered importantly to launch the time.

" We are all of congratulations, it is a beginning, a step what we are giving in the daily pay-time and waiting to continue so, determined, hard-working and concentrated on the play to have a strong team this time ", it told.

In spite of recognizing some defensive mistakes, central office points out what are still lacking automatisms, prefers them to me to point out the union of the team and not to do any comparison with the straight adversaries. " We behaved very well, it does not want to say them to me that we am good or bad, we have the same time of work, we are still in the beginning, the things are complicated, but the concentration, determination and the will of doing what the trainer asks for each player, it does so that the team is strong inside the field.

John Moutinho locks an arm-

--de-ferro with the leonine SAD to receive what believes to have a right due to the proposal of the Everton that was refused by the lions and, at the same time, it waits for new approach of the Englishmen.

The leonine middle thing disposes of the understanding of some of the companions of the plantel, but others it are what did not like the attitude of the captain of team, since they understand that the personal problems will not be a cause of interference with the work of the group, overcoat when espoletam the declar

The fact of John Moutinho to be crossing moments complicated in his relation with the father and of, financially, the middle thing had done an investment that does not do the pretended U-turn, they do so that Moutinho thinks about the immediate one and is disposed accepting the proposal of the Everton, a club that has not any ambition to the conquest of titles. CHEEKY FUCKERS!!!!

These factors and the influence of his businessman, Pini Zahavi, place the head of the middle one in the Everton. However, the captain entered in an arm from iron with the SAD, since it thinks that the proposal of the "toffees" is an official and, since it was refused, Moutinho it considers to have a right to receive the value registered in his contract, in other words, 10 % of 15 millions (1,5 million euros).

His displeasure relatively to the fact of the SAD of not having the same opinion turned in the decided public declaration

In spite of they all try to reduce the wave of shock provoked by the words of the captain, the fact is that same they affect the cohesion of the group, which, even so, is disposed supporting 28. " It is a situation of the club with the player, we, independently of the situation, we will remain at our place and what is necessary is is tranquillity to be able to work ", Anderson Polga curled.

In spite of urged commenting on if this one seriates the certain moment in order that the captain leaves, Polga was evasive. " John

But, so that doubts did not remain, Polga gave his support to Moutinho: " It makes part of our group, we tell of him ", it clarified. The Everton, meantime, will have still to raise the proposal for Moutinho this week."

Not much like but gives a slight hint where still in there with a shout

Edited by EFC-Paul

The fact of John Moutinho to be crossing moments complicated in his relation with the father and of, financially, the middle thing had done an investment that does not do the pretended U-turn, they do so that Moutinho thinks about the immediate one and is disposed accepting the proposal of the Everton, a club that has not any ambition to the conquest of titles. CHEEKY FUCKERS!!!!

I can't believe they called us cheeky f#####s!!!! How dare they. It's bad enough saying we arent' in contention for titles.

:D

Edited by DonKey

I can't believe they called us cheeky f#####s!!!! How dare they. It's bad enough saying we arent' in contention for titles.

:D

i think it was EFC-Paul that wrote that, in comment to the "Everton, a club that has not any ambition to the conquest of titles." ;)

And another thing, although that was painful to read (fking online translations), that's not a recent story. that was a summary from like a week or 2 ago. I broused our 3 online sports papers just now, and saw no mention of moutinho. i even checked some other newspapers and nothing.

so watch those crossed fingers, mates. you might need to keep them crossed till next year :D

i think it was EFC-Paul that wrote that, in comment to the "Everton, a club that has not any ambition to the conquest of titles." ;)

And another thing, although that was painful to read (fking online translations), that's not a recent story. that was a summary from like a week or 2 ago. I broused our 3 online sports papers just now, and saw no mention of moutinho. i even checked some other newspapers and nothing.

so watch those crossed fingers, mates. you might need to keep them crossed till next year :D

If you haven't got the money then you can't buy what you can't afford can you! Does it take ambition to make you bankrupt?

If we do have the money then this is what you call brinkmanship and all will be revealed before the close of the window, just look at Berbatov's supposed transfer, Utd can afford but problems arise.

Aye i did ad that little bit :P that was taken from a portugues newspaper article from august the 28th so it cant be to old the only part which may be is the bit about your derby game other then that i think the rest is recent news as i said before its from the 28th.

Aye i did ad that little bit :P that was taken from a portugues newspaper article from august the 28th so it cant be to old the only part which may be is the bit about your derby game other then that i think the rest is recent news as i said before its from the 28th.

What really :rolleyes_anim: ?!?! My, my there are some people who are gullible on the internet eh?

Now it might be poor translation or my blue tinted glasses, but it sounds like Moutinho wants to go but it is down to money - so he is not snubbing us at least.

Mountinho wants/needs more money. just before the Euro, he renewed his contract, and was happy to be here, and had no plans to move, so something changed, and the story goes that his family incurred some unexpected debt or something, and he needs more then he's currently gettting to settle it. So it's not a question of wanting EFC, it's about him needing/wanting more than he gets, even with his new contract. And since his new manager has close links to EFC, he clearly tried to get a huge signing for them.

if u remember the paper, pls post it, i'd like to check it out. cuz i've heard nothing new on our press these last few days.

Edited by Sporting4ever

Rumour has it on other forums that Moutinho will sign for Arsenal on Mon, he wil fit in with their total football

Yes, another featherweight in midfield, just what they need. Really can't see why they'd spend that kind of money on a player like him. They have Cesc already and Diaby isn't dissimilar either. I'd much more suspect they're after someone more like Cana.