IGNORED

Opposition Opinions. (Spurs)

rubecula

Courtesy of the Spurs fans from Spurs101: It is not a league game so I didn't go into too much detail on the league with them just yet. Here are their responses, warts and all.

Q1.

Are you excited by the Carling cup game against us?

Kebabychenko: Yes

GazTHFC: No

JohnnyHotspur: Not as much as I would be if it was a EPL game, but as long as Spurs are playing football, I’m always excited!

Dee: Not especially - only get excited at semi final stage of Carling Cup

Q2.

What sort of turnout do you think it will be? A sell out?

Kebaby: Sell Out

Gaz: Expecting 80% turn out

Johnny: Agree with Gaz – 80% or thereabouts.

Dee: 80 - 85%

Q3.

What result will you expect?

Kebaby: Big win for Spurs

Gaz: 1 nil either way.

Johnny: A very close game, with a 2-1 scoreline either way

Dee: Win for Spurs. but only 1 goal difference

Q4.

Care to predict a scoreline?

Kebaby: 6-0

Gaz: 1-0

Johnny: 1-2. I think Spurs will field a weakened side and thus Everton will probably knick it.

Dee: 1-0 or 2-1

Q5.

How do you feel the season has gone so far for Spurs? Better than expected or worse? What trophies do you realistically think you can win this season? And where in the league would you expect to finish.

Kebaby: FA Cup, Carling Cup, 2nd or above

Gaz:8 League FA Cup Semi's If we win this tie in the Carling then its Wembley again

Johnny: Better than expected. Apart from the games against ManUre and Chel$ki, we have played good, aggressive football and worked really hard as a team unit. I also like the apparent “togetherness” of the squad as well. I also feel Niko Kranjcar has been an immense buy. I don’t think we will win any, as I expect us to focus solely on the league. In regards to our final league position, I expect us to be in the top 6 and at least push for the top four with a flagging Liverpool and a capricious Woolwich.

Dee: Better, but still early doors! Would love to win FA or League Cup, and top six finish

Q6.

Which Spurs player should Everton be most worried about?

Kebaby: Defoe

Gaz: Lennon

Johnny: Lennon.

Dee: Lennon.

Q7.

Which Everton player are you most worried about?

Kebaby: Cahill

Gaz: None.

Johnny: Cahill

Dee: Cahill

Q8.

How good is the Spurs defence this year? And your opinion of the Everton defence?

Kebaby: Good. Not as good.

Gaz: If all fit then solid as a rock. (I assume he means both teams on this one)

Johnny: Spurs defence can be shaky, but when Ledders plays we do normally look solid. Everton’s defence is their main advantage for me, I don’t expect them to make any errors and they should remain fairly tight.

Dee: When King & Woodgate are playing, confident we can hold our own. Sorry, haven't watched enough Everton games to give a decent opinion

Q9.

How good is the Spurs attack this year? And your opinion of the Everon attack?

Kebaby: Awesome. Not s**t. (Apparently he thinks Everton's attack is not that bad at all. He has a pleasing turn of terms :D )

Gaz: One of the best in the Prem as any 4 can score were as most depend on one player.

Johnny: Spurs attack has been superlative this season, with quick breaks and flowing attacking football. Everton aren’t particularly pleasant on the eyes, but have a certain method which is clearly effective and creates chances

Dee: We have one excellent striker (Defoe), one who should be given more chances to prove that he is world class (Pav), one who always has a decent ratio of goals per game (Crouch), and finally one who hasn't been half the player since his return to the club, but still manages to get his name on the score sheet on a regular basis (Keane). The great thing this season is that all the outfield players have scored. Again not sure re Everton strikers.

Q10.

Which part of Spurs game do you think is the most cause for concern? And where do you see a weakness in Everton?

Kebaby: Jenas. Le Scum put 6 past Everton and we're f**king miles better than that shower of French s**te.

Gaz: If we pass well and Lennon runs at Everton's defence we will score plus nice cross's that Crouch can get till will cause concern.

Johnny: Probably our defence, although it’s not really that bad! I can’t complain about much else to be honest. I see Everton’s biggest problem as a lack of a goal threat, especially against teams who park the proverbial bus. Having said that, Spurs never seem to play in such a way (esp. under HR) so this might not be as serious a weakness for Everton.

Dee: Goalie - Gomez is capable of briliance and incompetency in the space of minutes. Think Everton have too small a squad to challenge over a long season

Gratitude to Kebaby, Gaz, Johnny and Dee for the honest answers, and to the admin of Spurs101 for allowing this.

Thanks for that :) .

Funny how other teams still think of TC as our biggest threat when in reality he couldn't score during happy hour in a Pattaya brothel just now :unsure: .

Thought exactly the same thing when i read it! lol :P

Its also sort of funny that last year we had no strikers and our defence was exceptional, this season sort of the other way round, on paper our strike force is really something to get others worried about.