IGNORED

Liverpool Directors Rant At Kopites

LIVERPOOL'S owners have been plunged into more chaos after a foul-mouthed email rant by director Tom Hicks Jnr.

In an astonishing attack, the son of the club's Texan co-owner told a critical Kop fan: "Blow me, **** face. Go to hell. I'm sick of you."

Liverpool supporter Stephen Horner, 29, wrote to the club's owners and their sons to express his concerns for the future of the Merseyside giants.

After first being dismissed as an 'idiot', he then received the second obscene response.

The email, sent from the address of board member Hicks Jr, was also copied to Liverpool FC commercial and finance directors Ian Ayre and Phillip Nash.

Club sources insisted last night Ayre and Nash never received the offending correspondence and they have launched their own investigation into the matter.

But the email will cause further embarrassment to the under-fire Americans, who have lurched from one disaster to another since their takeover in 2007.

Horner, a London-based Kop fan of 20 years, was stunned by the response to what he believed was a perfectly polite correspondence.

He said: "I'm genuinely shaken. I can't believe a member of Liverpool's board would write to a fan in this way. It sums up how the club is being run at the moment.

"I simply emailed copies of an article which would make every Liverpool fan worried, suggesting the club's debts will prevent investment in the team.

"I was hoping for a reassuring response instead I was insulted.

"I don't want an apology, I just want them out of the club."

It is not the first time that Hicks Jr has been at the centre of controversy. He was attacked and forced to flee when he ignored threats from fans and visited a pub in Anfield two years ago. And this latest gaffe is sure to increase the pressure on his father and fellow co- owner George Gillett Jr to sell - especially at a time when their lack of investment in the team is under renewed focus.

Liverpool FC declined to comment on the matter but Sport of the World understands that Hicks Jnr sent a private apology last night.

Hicks jnr may have a point :lol:

It is a bit embarrassing for them to act like this.

I mean a BIG club being so much in turmoil, when a SMALL club has a chairman who openly tells the world he is proud of his manager, (and the fans support their manager.)

They must really be going RED in the face over all this eh?