IGNORED

Jan Mucha

Lowensda

Should never have started in that cup game at Elland Road two weeks ago, Howard was available for selection wasn't he? and Moyes went ahead and left out our regular goalkeeper in favor of Mucha. Took a chance maybe and I'm not saying our elimination was a direct result of that but I wouldn't have played a second choice 'keeper that night.

Should never have started in that cup game at Elland Road two weeks ago, Howard was available for selection wasn't he? and Moyes went ahead and left out our regular goalkeeper in favor of Mucha. Took a chance maybe and I'm not saying our elimination was a direct result of that but I wouldn't have played a second choice 'keeper that night.

Howard has made his fair share of clangers over the years, so let's not pretend he is Mr Perfect.

We have a squad. If we don't utilise it we won't have one for very long.

I don't think he did too much wrong against Leeds tbh. He made a good save at 1-0 to keep us in it, and couldn't have done anything about the goals really. And Av I know we don't expect "joe hart" to come and warm the bench for us, all we ask is someone to come in and look like they could push Howard, Mucha has had his opportunities, and he hasn't been good enough.

Howard has made his fair share of clangers over the years, so let's not pretend he is Mr Perfect.

Thats all good and well, however if we want to win a trophy then we have to put out a decent side

I paid good money to stand in the rain and watch that shambolic performance so if 5000 Evertonians can take the competition seriously why cant the club?

To the above again, and as the League Cup represented only one of two possible ways we could have won anything this season, Moyes really should have started with our first choice in goal. No disrespect to Mucha, but I would have wanted Howard to have started that night, I'm not saying just one man could have made a difference, and a number of players didn't really perform on the night, but if we're really intent on finally ending the trophy drought Moyes should start with his strongest XI available, especially at a venue as awkward as Elland Road, and let's be honest, abysmal record going back as far as anyone can remember, even if they are in a lower league now. They got a very winnable 'draw' in the next rounds too, and I was thinking that could have been us, and one or two steps nearer to an actual trophy finally won again. It does appear sometimes that Moyes doesn't seem to care too much about progress in Cup tournaments sometimes. Apart from the FA cup final three years ago for the most part, most of his adulation and recognition does focus on league accomplishments after all.

Yes, Howard has made his fair share of clangers over the years but he should have played him in nets against Leeds. I watched the game and didn't see Mucha once try and organize the team like Howard does. When Leeds scored in the 4th minute against us Howard would have shouted at the defence and get them organized. Mucha just took it, gave the ball back and didn't say a word. What I can remember anyway. It's the presence in the box that Mucha is missing, his overall goalkeeping quality is top notch. :)