IGNORED

Andre -pierre Gignac

Nothing too significant to this, besides that fact that I rate him pretty highly. Isn't having the best season right now and of course I don't actually see it happening. But I like his Striker "DNA" (if that makes sense), his attributes, if you will.

Over on the Jermaine Beckford thread, no one seems over the moon with the prospect of signing him, from what I gather is people not trusting his touch, work rate, etc. Can't deny the guys pace, as it seems to be one of his only weapons. But this debate got me thinking about Gignac, who I've always admired. He's 24 I believe, has decent speed, touch, definite vision beacause I know he provides a good amount of assists. His finishing is pretty great and he works for his goals. As we've all said, the next striker we bring in needs to do more than wait in the box, our style is all about industry, and he's got it, IMO. Positioning is also a category people mentioned about Beckford...APG has great positional sense, as it's a big part of his game. Obviously I'm a fan boy just waxing poetic, so no one get too carried away with this stuff.

This past window and others it's been all Arsenal as favorites to get his signature in our neck of the woods; Wenger reiterates that his price is too high, which is I guess between 13 and 18 million. Perhaps it is too high, but frankly I'm not surprised by that figure at all considering the state of things.

In a perfect world we'd sell Yobo, for an inflated sum, which shouldn't be too far off that 10-13 million mark, right? Perhaps more, who knows, regardless that fee could help in snaging someone with some tact, like APG.

Would love to hear your opinions on this frivilous topic.

Edited by nutmegwolf203

Opinion.... Nothing to do with Everton so you shouldnt have put it in "General Everton Discussion", Its not a "Rumour" either so i cant put it in that section. So i moved it to "General Football and Sport Discussion"

Keep the forum tidy please, nice post Nutmeg but in the wrong place. ;)

Opinion.... Nothing to do with Everton so you shouldnt have put it in "General Everton Discussion", Its not a "Rumour" either so i cant put it in that section. So i moved it to "General Football and Sport Discussion"

Keep the forum tidy please, nice post Nutmeg but in the wrong place. ;)

Gotcha Bill, my fault for the mis cue.

And Bailey, I understand where you're coming from. France as a whole has been pretty weak, but, in any of teh footage I've seen of his France performances I've seen him be a game changer. In the form of providing an assist to Ribery so he could seal a 1-0 win at the death in one match and scoring a few crackers against Faroe Islands and Austria I believe.

• 1 year later...

Turned us down in the Window...

http://www1.skysport...ms-Everton-snub

Marseille striker Andre-Pierre Gignac claims he turned down a move to Everton during last month's transfer window.

Gignac's future at Marseille has been the subject of speculation for some time with the player currently out of favour under Didier Deschamps.spacer.gif

Fulham were also linked with a move for Gignac last month and reports in France claim Marseille offered Everton the chance to sign the 26-year-old.

However, Gignac snubbed the proposed move to Merseyside, preferring to stay at Stade Velodrome with the France international also thought to have snubbed offers from Nice, Brest and Lorientspacer.gif

"Everton is a top club in England but for me Marseille is bigger and more attractive," Gignac said.

"I want to play one day abroad but at a bigger club like the Manchester Uniteds of this world. I do want to make a name for myself at Marseille. I love the club."

Wasn't he trying to push a move to Bolton last year? And turned us down because he wanted a bigger move this year? laugh.png

This bit made me laugh...."snubbed offers from Nice, Brest and Lorient" bouncing-boobs.gif

Edited by tenaciousj