IGNORED

Tut Tut!

DangerMouse

One readers comment:

STEVE said:

February 9th, 2010

Justice for Heysel. Justice for the Bulgarian waiter severly injured at the hands of a dipper. Let’s highlight the atrocities of these scum thugs who at after every turn play the Hillsborough card. It’s obvious that they think that the law should apply to all but themselves and it’s about time action was taken to prevent further scum triggered atrocities.

I propose that we campaign to stop any further use of public money in regards to Hillsborough. There are more important issues for the government to focus on and I object to any of my tax money being used in a futile attempt to pad out dippers benefits. What should be highlighted is how at every turn the dippers play the victim card with Hillsborough but show NO remorse for the murders they (as a group) carried out at Heysel. The difference between Hillsborough and Heysel is that the former was incompetence within the police and archaic security measures (no other fans were involved); while the latter was pure and simply football hooliganism in the shape of murder carried out by the biggest hypocrits in British society.

An Evertonians view:

Sharky said:

February 9th, 2010

I am an Evertonian… but let me finish. That banner is typical Kopite behaviour. It doesn’t get reported because they are “media darlings”. 2 seasons ago we got vilified in the press for singing about Gerrard’s baby. However in the same game, a fan punched Neville in the back, another one spat on him, the Kop sang about Lescott’s face and about Carsley’s disabled child. Only the Gerrard song was reported by every tabloid and sports news station.

Heysel was the death-knell of a great Everton side, and it has ramifications for the future of our club… a legacy we haven’t recovered from. From 1977-85, the champions of England strolled to success in Europe, with the exception of a great Hamburg side in 1983. We were next up, had won the league by 11 points, had won the European Cup Winners Cup and only narrowly missed out on the treble by playing our 2nd cup final in 3 days (no mention of who beat us that day). Add to this we signed the best English goalscorer of his generation in Gary Lineker (who tells to this day the 1986 Everton side was the greatest he played in, better than Barca and England 1990).

We won the league again in 87 but we lost lineker, our manager and the team broke up. Kendall and Lineker left for Spain and to play in Europe. Without doubt the team of 85-86 were young enough to play together into the 1990’s. You club (although always a massive club) benefitted so much from being top of the league when the Sky money arrived. Had Sky money came in 1986 and with European football to play for, who knows how big Everton could be.

To conclude, not only was Heysel murder….. but Heysel, Hillsborough, Athens, Bulgaria and countless other incidents all point the finger of blame at one club, and the culture of one club. Justice for the 96? How many of those deaths were caused by the behaviour of LFC “fans” that day?

Heysel was murder. Justice for EFC. Forza Juve

ok... maybe im too innocently minded and too young to remember (was only 3 then) but i dont understand what the significance is? Is it because we werent there to compete?

Yep its a general thing we get into with liverpool fans...... I guess thats why they call us butter.....(oops) erm bitter

Because of the Heysel disaster all english clubs were banned from playing in Europe... at a time when we were at the top of our game and could have gone on to win many things.....

Anyway its in the past and I only ever use the argument to wind reds up... anything could have happened but I do agree it stopped Everton football club building on the success that they had already achieved on the few years leading upto Heysel

Edited by DangerMouse

thats what i thought.... Thats a little sad really.... But like one of the liverpool responses says, its one or 2 idiots who ruin it, and theyre at every club.

Dont know about you, but i dont dwell on tragedies that have happened,i recognise them and pay my respects. It does intrigue me though, what goes through the minds of these morons? (the guys with the flags, songs etc... i dont mean winding up the Kopites, thats just natural!)

Edited by galacticaracnid

It does intrigue me though, what goes through the minds of these morons? (the guys with the flags, songs etc... i dont mean winding up the Kopites, thats just natural!)

I don't know but there's some horrific stuff doing the rounds on the net on the back of this. The pure evil and hatred on all sides is unbelievable. Don't know how much of it is people just trying to shock given the anonymity sitting behind a PC gives them and how much is genuine. It's very sad but it is a small minority I think in the real world.

Some say if we had have gone on to win the next few European titles (which was a strong possibility back then) potentially Everton Football club would be bigger today than the likes of Manchester United, Aresnal etc. But no point dwelling on what hasnt happened, and concentrate on what will :)