IGNORED

Dieudonne "Dieumerci" Mbokani

10m?? That would be 4m for current ability and another 6m for potential upside (which both Churinga and I think isn't there).

I guess the two of you are probably the 2 lone people in Belgium that think Mbokani is worth about 4 million. You can get Igor De Camargo for 4 million. His bad season this year is mostly due to the fact that there wasn't any link up play this season. He just had to chase long balls all season. In the games Mbokani couldn't play, you could see clearly that he is the most important player in our team, even when he isn't motivated, which is probably the second reason of his underperforming this season. Mbokani just is too big for Belgium. He got the chance last season to show Europe what he is really capable of and he did fantastic against Liverpool, Sevilla... People were even talking of 15 to 20 million after last season. He was promised by the board he would get his transfer, but he didn't. Even though Stuttgart offered about 12 million. I understand completely that he isn't motivated fully for another anonymous game against Lokeren. I think this year he showed again (in the games against Arsenal, Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Hamburg) that he's ready for a next step in his career.

Edited by Steve_E

I guess the two of you are probably the 2 lone people in Belgium that think Mbokani is worth about 4 million. You can get Igor De Camargo for 4 million.

If he plays like against Liverpool every week 25 million would be a nice price, but that's just not happening. I can't put a price on Mbokani, too unpredictable

He got the chance last season to show Europe what he is really capable of and he did fantastic against Liverpool, Sevilla... People were even talking of 15 to 20 million after last season.

People also said that Witsel was worth 20 million and going to Arsenal, they said Defour was going to real madrid and Dick advocaat was going to make Belgium a challenger for the World Cup. people talk to much :)

I think this year he showed again (in the games against Arsenal, Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Hamburg) that he's ready for a next step in his career.

could well be, but i don't want his next step to be Everton.

Edited by Churinga

could well be, but i don't want his next step to be Everton.

I can understand that. But saying Mbokani is worth about 4 million is just ridiculous. By the way, by some strange coincidence Igor De Camargo has just signed a deal with Borussia Mönchengladbach. Standard reportedly gets 4 million. I'd say Mbokani is twice the player he is and thus would be worth more than 4 million. :D

I can understand that. But saying Mbokani is worth about 4 million is just ridiculous. By the way, by some strange coincidence Igor De Camargo has just signed a deal with Borussia Mönchengladbach. Standard reportedly gets 4 million. I'd say Mbokani is twice the player he is and thus would be worth more than 4 million. :D

i don't recall saying he was worth 4 million.

I really can't put a price on the guy. the Mbokani of this season wasn't worth much more then 1 million though

i don't recall saying he was worth 4 million.

I'm sorry. You didn't. Holystove said so.

I really can't put a price on the guy. the Mbokani of this season wasn't worth much more then 1 million though

That's what you would say if you didn't watch Standard games and would just look at his stats. But there's a lot more to him than just goals.

Came very close to saying that I'd rather have De Camargo at Everton but didn't want to turn the discussion into "which Standard striker is better" :). (Any news on what the Germans paid for him?).

What did Standard pay for Mbokani when he came over from Anderlecht? .. I'd say double that amount, whatever it was, and you got a fair price.

Came very close to saying that I'd rather have De Camargo at Everton but didn't want to turn the discussion into "which Standard striker is better" :). (Any news on what the Germans paid for him?).

Is there a discussion to have? I think it's pretty clear to most people. (And according to La Meuse, the Germans paid 4.5 million euros)

What did Standard pay for Mbokani when he came over from Anderlecht? .. I'd say double that amount, whatever it was, and you got a fair price.

I'd say that is one of strangest reasonings I've heard. Standard didn't pay anything to Anderlecht as he belonged to Congolese club Mazembe. They paid them 1.2 million for him so according to you 2.4 million now is a fair price... Anyway I think it's better we agree to disagree.

Is there a discussion to have? I think it's pretty clear to most people. (And according to La Meuse, the Germans paid 4.5 million euros)

I'd say that is one of strangest reasonings I've heard. Standard didn't pay anything to Anderlecht as he belonged to Congolese club Mazembe. They paid them 1.2 million for him so according to you 2.4 million now is a fair price... Anyway I think it's better we agree to disagree.

4.5 million for De Camargo is a fair price. 2.4 might not be enough for Mbokani :) (I thought he was property of Anderlecht and assumed Standard has to pay full price to sign anyone away from Anderlecht). Considering the price paid for De Camargo I'd still say no more than 7m at most for Mbokani though... but we'll see. There doesn't seem to be any more news, maybe the deals off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

http://www.dailymail...ci-Mbokani.html

linked with thread, but its closed http://www.toffeetal...udonne-mbokani/

But, despite suggestions of a swap deal involving Louis Saha, Baglio indicated Everton would have to wait until the summer to complete any deal, following Mbokani's recent move from Standard Liege.

please let it be true!!!

edit : just read through the previous thread and maybe i shouldnt be so excited, but the idea of swapping Saha for a potential 25 year old got me going :)

Edited by Matt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where does it say about him in there?

avid Moyes, has been told that he must generate funds for the three loan signings he feels he needs to make, with the priority a centre-forward. He will attempt to sign Monaco's Dieumerci Mbokani having freed up the funds for a £1m loan fee by allowing Yakubu Ayegbeni to join Leicester City.

That would definitely qualify as a bad move by Moyes.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_6658986,00.html

Mbokani, who has only found the net on one occasion this season, told skysports.com: "I am relaxed about everything and waiting to see what will happen.

"I want to play in a team who want me and there are clubs out there who are interested in me.

"Everton are an attractive team and the Premier League is a very good league, if not, the best league in the world, but let's wait and see what happens."

:unsure: