IGNORED

Dieudonne "Dieumerci" Mbokani

To be fair that Leige is a good team so Davey could have been looking at one or two. Is Defour back yet?

No :worried: .. He'd be absolutely perfect for Everton! Really hope Moyes hasn't given up on him yet. Didn't he already make a 10+m offer for him last year?

Maybe Moyes was also there to check out Witsel, but I don't really know who else on Standard could be good enough for Everton.

If Moyes was at the game for a Standard-player it was for Witsel or Mbokani as Defour is still injured and the rest of the bunch ain't good enough for Everton (although that doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't there to scout them of course). As Everton are more in need of a striker than a midfield player, I presume Moyes was indeed there for Mbokani. Personally I think Mbokani could do fantastic at Everton. He's a very complete striker. He's pretty tall and good in the air (in the defensive compartment as well) has pace, an acceleration, incredible technique, 2 good feet and a good shot at goal. He plays alone up front at Standard and he does so really well. You can always give him the ball, even with 2 or 3 defenders in his back, pulling his shirt as he's extremely strong. According to the official Standard site he weighs 75kilos, which could be right as he doesn't look really muscular, but the man's a force of nature.

Here are 2 of his goals over the years for Standard. There aren't a lot of good quality clips of him on Youtube so these two'll have to do.

His goal on 0:42 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4li-huxdH1o

His goal on 0:25 -

It's true he's only scored 9 goals this season in all competitions (he scored 21 last year and 19 the season before) which is probably due to his mentality (he's got a knack of returning too late from vacations in Africa) and motivation (he can't motivate himself anymore for anonymous games in the Belgian league. But still, he's pure class. Which he once again showed against Hamburg scoring against them, hitting the bar and having an overall great game in the first match and he was one of the better Standard players in the return which was an overall bad team performance. There's a lot of criticism in Belgium because of his motivational problems but after the Hamburg game Filip Joos, one of the leading sport journalists in Belgium, said Mbokani still is a notch above Lukaku and Kouemaha (the other top strikers in Belgium who contrary to Mbokani have had good seasons).

By the way, Defour just recently signed an extended contract (expiring in august 2015) and he has pretty much confirmed that he'll stay with Standard for another season as he has mist most of this one due to injuries.

If Moyes was at the game for a Standard-player it was for Witsel or Mbokani as Defour is still injured and the rest of the bunch ain't good enough for Everton (although that doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't there to scout them of course). As Everton are more in need of a striker than a midfield player, I presume Moyes was indeed there for Mbokani. Personally I think Mbokani could do fantastic at Everton. He's a very complete striker. He's pretty tall and good in the air (in the defensive compartment as well) has pace, an acceleration, incredible technique, 2 good feet and a good shot at goal. He plays alone up front at Standard and he does so really well. You can always give him the ball, even with 2 or 3 defenders in his back, pulling his shirt as he's extremely strong. According to the official Standard site he weighs 75kilos, which could be right as he doesn't look really muscular, but the man's a force of nature.

Here are 2 of his goals over the years for Standard. There aren't a lot of good quality clips of him on Youtube so these two'll have to do.

His goal on 0:42 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4li-huxdH1o

His goal on 0:25 -

It's true he's only scored 9 goals this season in all competitions (he scored 21 last year and 19 the season before) which is probably due to his mentality (he's got a knack of returning too late from vacations in Africa) and motivation (he can't motivate himself anymore for anonymous games in the Belgian league. But still, he's pure class. Which he once again showed against Hamburg scoring against them, hitting the bar and having an overall great game in the first match and he was one of the better Standard players in the return which was an overall bad team performance. There's a lot of criticism in Belgium because of his motivational problems but after the Hamburg game Filip Joos, one of the leading sport journalists in Belgium, said Mbokani still is a notch above Lukaku and Kouemaha (the other top strikers in Belgium who contrary to Mbokani have had good seasons).

By the way, Defour just recently signed an extended contract (expiring in august 2015) and he has pretty much confirmed that he'll stay with Standard for another season as he has mist most of this one due to injuries.

is he the Yaks brother? sounds very familiar....

He is as lazy, but he's more grumpy and not as good a goal scorer.

I'm getting a feeling you don't really like him :unsure:

Of course we don't have to agree, but I'm pretty much convinced he could do a great job here.

Maybe Moyes was there for Carcela as Everton could do with a winger. However I don't think Carcela is ready for the Premier League yet. He's absolutely brilliant on the ball, however he still slows down the play by dribbling too much rather than giving a pass.

I'm getting a feeling you don't really like him :unsure:

Of course we don't have to agree, but I'm pretty much convinced he could do a great job here.

Maybe Moyes was there for Carcela as Everton could do with a winger. However I don't think Carcela is ready for the Premier League yet. He's absolutely brilliant on the ball, however he still slows down the play by dribbling too much rather than giving a pass.

True I think Mbokani is overrated. You are right about Carcela though and it's quite possible that Moyes was there to scout him. He would have picked a good game too, Carcela played very well against Hamburg.

True I think Mbokani is overrated. You are right about Carcela though and it's quite possible that Moyes was there to scout him. He would have picked a good game too, Carcela played very well against Hamburg.

Don't want him aswell.

Purely in terms of footballing qualities he could play at the highest level possible, but he's just.. a weirdo bassicly.

this season he played a few good games in Europe but was completly useless for standard in the league.

If it's true I think all in all it's a pretty good signing, stories about his attitude are a bit of a concern but Moyes has done a decent job with players like Yak. Besides, as we're not in the financial position to go after a Suarez or a Cardozo, we're gonna have to take a bit of a punt on someone, and I'm sure Moyes has done his homework on the lad if he is signing him up. From what I've seen, he looks like he's got fabulous touch and two great feet, so should fit in nicely with the new Barce-esque Toffees :P

He is as lazy, but he's more grumpy and not as good a goal scorer.

I havent seen him play so i respect your opinion, but i came across this and although he is not scoring a lot of goals on the vid he has a bit more to his game than just scoring.

I dont see this vid portraying him to be lazy either, he looks a bit usefull to me, i'd settle for him and a right winger in the summer.

I havent seen him play so i respect your opinion, but i came across this and although he is not scoring a lot of goals on the vid he has a bit more to his game than just scoring.

I dont see this vid portraying him to be lazy either, he looks a bit usefull to me, i'd settle for him and a right winger in the summer.

He's lazy in the sense that if something doesn't go his way, he just stops playing .. Also a bit of a dirty player. Last week he made a Witsel-tackle, luckily without the same result. Steve_E likes him so I might be overly critical but IMO he's not the kind of player we should be signing in our push for fourth.

To be fair what does he do in that vid? A couple of misses, losing the ball and a bad cross?

But you're right he could be bit a useful, everything depends on how Moyes can work with him like he did with the Yak. However I really hope Moyes isn't about the spend more than £4-5m because he's not worth it.

He's lazy in the sense that if something doesn't go his way, he just stops playing .. Also a bit of a dirty player. Last week he made a Witsel-tackle, luckily without the same result. Steve_E likes him so I might be overly critical but IMO he's not the kind of player we should be signing in our push for fourth.

To be fair what does he do in that vid? A couple of misses, losing the ball and a bad cross?

But you're right he could be bit a useful, everything depends on how Moyes can work with him like he did with the Yak. However I really hope Moyes isn't about the spend more than £4-5m because he's not worth it.

I think it shows more about him than scoring goals, he can run at defenders, he's taking on two players down the left several times, he takes people on down the right, and he he can certainly motor down the middle.

I think he looks OK but i haven't actually seen him play, so i respect your opinion. ;)

Coxy....."if him and felli can manage to do this a few times next season then happy days"!

Yeah, if you have the right players, sometimes the long ball can work for you. :)

Heh that weren't just any long hoof ball, that was a peach of a long pass from felli didn't know he could do that i wana see more especially if we get this fella!

That was his best game of the season

he never got to that level again

I don't want him, his attitude is really unprofessional at times and we'll probably pay to much aswell

Accepting a 4 million offer for Mbokani would be the dumbest thing Standard could do. For that amount of money you'll never find another striker that even comes close to Mbokani's qualities. He's been linked with Marseille, Stuttgart, Wolfsburg, Hamburg and Juventus among others in the past so he obviously isn't as bad as you seem to think. His manager Fabio Baglio said today that Standard are looking for about 10 million € which seems a fair price to me.

You can't judge any player by a couple of youtube clips .. he's been playing for a long time, bound to have done a couple of good things.

That was his best game of the season

he never got to that level again

I don't want him, his attitude is really unprofessional at times and we'll probably pay to much aswell

^ Fully agree with this. Attitude wise he's the kind of player I'd associate with Liverpool.

Accepting a 4 million offer for Mbokani would be the dumbest thing Standard could do. His manager Fabio Baglio said today that Standard are looking for about 10 million € which seems a fair price to me.

10m?? That would be 4m for current ability and another 6m for potential upside (which both Churinga and I think isn't there). At least with Felli you could see that at one point he would be worth 15m even though he wasn't when he came to Everton ... Mbokani just seems to get worse every year.