IGNORED

Wolves (Home)

iggy

Ok!.........Moyes is picking the wrong players, making the wrong substitutions, the players that he does start with, some are out of position (but they aren't telling him!)

And!...Some of our highest payed players aren't really all that bothered.

Shit, it's going to be a long season :blink:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he is a midfielder, but he's not very good at being a proper midfielder the majority of the time. We have to have a formation just for him to contribute! Fair play to him for winning some tackles and creating a few chances in one game. Before I started going the game regularly I used to think Cahill was some sort of God because of his goals, but when you get to watch him play first-hand and a lot then you realise he doesn't actually do all that much.

And I don't just think I'm more tactically aware than Moyes, I think the majority of us are, including yourself. His tactics and decision making leave a lot to be desired. He's done a good job for Everton but he's not a messiah, he's not without fault.

The bit in bold is spot on. Whenever Cahill plays best its because he is playing much off the striker and it tends to be at home where he is given more license to stay forward. He has a phenomenal work rate (most of the time) and thats why he tackles all over the place, Also dont forget he goes back at set pieces, especially really long range free kicks where normal strikers wouldnt.

He definitely isnt a traditional midfielder, at least not when he is at his best. If we played a 442 with Cahill in the center of midfield we would get overrun, because he isnt good enough there and because we would miss his work rate upfront.

Ossie (i know im biased here) is a brilliant little player who is comfortable on both feet, quick turner and has a decent shot on him. The trouble is, he is always played out of position. As Bailey rightly says, he is no winger. But, he puts 100% into every game and when he gets his chance in CM/AM where he is best, he can be formidable. The trouble is his best position is one of the overcrowded spots in our team but he is willing to play out of position (albeit badly most of the time) just to meet the needs of the club.

He was completely the wrong choice against wolves but its Moyes who should take the blame here. Moyes has always played him out of position with few exceptions but on those exceptions where he gets to play where he wants, he has been brilliant.

I agree Osman is a cracking little player, when played in his best position. On the wing 95% of the time he is shite. Him and Arteta in the middle play well together and while you might not notice him all the time, he does a lot of good stuff in breaking up play and then redistributing the ball. In some respects he is a bit like Paul Scholes, he has a massive impact on the team but you dont always realise it until you get a replay or slow mo. He creates space for himself and others.