IGNORED

England V T&t

Absolutely.

Its his fault that Sven tells him to do the defensive scrap and Lampard can go forward all he wants and miss 7 half chances and still go unnoticed.

29976[/snapback]

well to be honest Xavier, Gerrard still does a great job, but i very much doubt you'd critisise one of your players regardless

Guest Reg Reagan
:blink:

Why must my eyes be painted red? It was a good goal

30055[/snapback]

pfft good goal <_<

ive seen better goals than that from our players

pfft good goal <_<

ive seen better goals than that from our players

30097[/snapback]

Credit where its due it was a quality goal. Crouch shouldn't be in the first eleven, he isnt good enough, an embarassment really nothing to do with his gawky features but his lack of composure and quality of finish.

That said Owen is playing shite as well like I knew he would, lost his pace and confidence. I can't remember the last time I saw him knock the ball past a man and beat him. You don't suddenly turn into top form after 2 years of mediocrity and injury. He scored one goal in the last WC and I don't see him ecplipsing that here. Sad fact is he has to play though, Rooney cant lead the line on his own.

I'd like to see Lennon start, hes a breath of fresh air with his pace and dribbling. Far more effective than Beckhams predictable direct balls where we get marked out of most of the game by even shite teams. No chance of golden boy being dropped though.

Guest Reg Reagan
Credit where its due it was a quality goal.

30106[/snapback]

ill only give credit where its due when gerrard leaves liverpool

Rio Ferdinand acknowledged England fell into a long-ball trap in their World Cup Group B clash against Trinidad and Tobago on Thursday.

Late goals from Peter Crouch and Steven Gerrard gave England a 2-0 win over the Caribbean team - but for 83 minutes the game was goalless and Sven-Goran Eriksson's side have been criticised for their performance before the late flourish.

Central defender Ferdinand, asked if he thought England had used the long ball too much in their qualifying matches against Paraguay and Trinidad and Tobago, said: "We've probably played more than we should in the two games - but I wouldn't say we are a long-ball team.

"The balls have been aimed in the right direction to the right people.

"There's a method to our play - to get it to Crouchy - but we went over the top in the last game.

"You see Peter there and think 'hit him' because he can be an easy option."

But the Manchester United defender was quick to point out the policy worked when Crouch got on the end of a ball from captain David Beckham to end the frustration in Thursday's match at Nuremberg.

He said on BBC1: "He dealt with a cross into the box and got us the goal we needed.

"If we mix it up it can be beneficial."

Ferdinand echoed the sentiments of his team-mates in welcoming a fully-fit Wayne Rooney back into training.

Rooney will start Tuesday's final group match against Sweden in Cologne - and Ferdinand is delighted his United team-mate will be back.

He added: "We are pleased Wayne is fit - he's a player of immense talent and he's showed it for the last couple of years.

"He's been champing at the bit to get in there and do well - but people shouldn't expect too much.

"He's looked sharp in training but let's take one game at a time - hopefully he'll do well in our next game."