IGNORED

Sale Sharks Captaincy

Would just like to express my delight to everyone that my mate James has been made Sale Sharks captain for the forth coming season :)

Played with him for over 4 years during school/6th form, and i can honestly say that he is one of the nicest and most down to earth guys you will ever meet! he always comes back to Sandbach of a weekend and hangs around with us :)

So if anyone is watching a Sharks game and notices an extremely beanpolesque stature hanging out the arse of their hooker n prop. You know thats him!

Also as his number 8 for years, you can also chuckle at the fact I used to bully/order him around on a regular basis lol

Sorry if this is the wrong place, just wanted to share the info!

See BBC n SSN for their premiership reviews and check out who is the player to watch ;)

p.s im not bitter but i was better....aha.

EDIT: Jamma the Captain

Edited by tenaciousj

Nice one...

And there's a "...who did you go to school with?" thread in there Ten...

I have a line-up of mates who were far more successful than me...

Dave Tickle was one http://www.davidtickle.com/music.html

Andy Campbell (who got me into bikes) was another http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/speedwayyears/1981.html (he also made Sun page seven hunk in his pants :P ).

Julian Scrivener, top bloke who won stuff at Henley regatta way back http://www.moleseyboatclub.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=414:henley-vets-regatta-2009&catid=57:veterans&Itemid=124

There are more...

Its weird to think that people you know are now on TV.

Another example my other mate Cliffe plays for Sale as well, he's a scrum half who's just gone out on loan according to his mum (lol)

He was never a brilliant player, nor one of the better players during school years, he was weedy, bit rebelious (in a cheeky way) and always looked like joining his dad in their company...however he goes to loughboro uni, plays uni rugby, puts some 'meat' on, gets signed by Sale Jets and then 4 months later, he's playing as scrum-half against Perpignon in the Heiniken Cup. It's mental! So surreal that he's there too...

There's also another lad who's best mates with James and Cliffe, similar height to Jamma (James) called Tom Holmes(Holmsey), he was loaned out to Preston last year but still on the books at Sale. Again, he's 6'6, best mates with Jamma, both youth england internationals and always back in the bach lol

Just crazy, can''t wait to see him this weekend, lead the line aha!

Dave Tickle's the weird one for me. He was a nice lad and I went round to his house a few times but he was a real loner. Always saw him at gigs talking to the sound guys and after we left school (and I started working in a recording studio) whenever I saw him he had these outlandish stories about working for Ringo Starr and being at John Lennon's old house. I (and everyone else) thought he was a total fantasist....all turned out to be true :lol: .

He's now got a monster of a studio on Hawaii http://www.davidtickle.com/stud.html# :doh: .

Had an exchange of emails with him a couple of years back....nice guy still (but didn't offer me a job sadly :( ).

i never went to school with him but i lived near him and played football often with michael barnes

i was better than him growin up but i am a couple years older then just out of nowhere he became amazing :lol:

how the hell does this happen:

Despite being an ever-present in the reserve team in the first half of the 2007–08 season, it was announced on 3 January 2008 that Barnes had joined Chesterfield on loan for the remainder of the season, in order to gain first team experience.[1] However, due to a lack of opportunities in the Chesterfield first team, Barnes' loan contract was terminated prematurely and he returned to Manchester United after just three appearances for the Derbyshire club.

regular in Utd reserves but cant find a place in Chesterfield?!