IGNORED

Did Anyone Leave Early?

jamiemaher85

Own up! Did anyone leave early on Saturday and miss the fight back?

I'll tell you my match day experience (I didn't miss any of it by the way). I'm sat up in the upper main stand, seat next to me is not a season ticket held seat so the occupant changes week on week. This week I had the pleasure of a complete cretin sat next too me. From the first minute he was hurling abuse at both sets of players, the ref and both managers. I've never heard an Everton fan call Moyes a cunt more than this idiot. The constant swearing and the volume of him was starting to get on my wick, however I had to laugh when he went to the bar early at half time missing our first and United's equasliser. He also came back to his seat late and missed United's second. He did see Berbatov's goal but with ten minutes to go of the game, with us trailing 1-3, he turned to me and said "I'm off, and you're a fucking mug for staying any longer to watch this shower of shit".

So somehow in a game of six goals this chap managed to miss five of them. What's the point of going to the game if you miss so much of the match? Why leave early to save 5 minutes on your journey time. We score so many late goals, i just don't see the point. Ah well, everyone still there had the last laugh. Hopefully people will have learnt there lessons now.

i think ive left early twice..once against norwich(was my dads choice cos i was a nipper) and last year against arsenal...the utd one i was burstin for a piss and decided to go in injury time to beat the crowds in there cos its always packed and timmy scored as i was mid flow..so then of course every cunt races back up the steps and i couldnt get back to my seat and then got a steward givin it the big one tellin me to fuck off down when there was about 50 people behind me? :blink: so i missed both goals but saw the arteta one on the screen and managed to join in the celebrations still :D gutted i missed the goals but my own fault for needin a whizz and not waitin i guess :lol:

well a lot of people left, certainly around me in Upper Bullens a lot of people were leaving with about 5 or 6 minutes to go. I felt a bit of the guy next to me who left with about 2 minutes to go because the person he was with who had his kids decided he was off and he reluctantly trudged off!

I don't really understand why people would leave early, especially in a game at 12:45.

If the game was 8pm on a Wednesday and were 3-1 down then I could understand people wanting to try and beat the traffic a little if they have a way to go and work in the morning or kids with them and school in the morn but this is 12:45 kick off, where you going so desperately? Off to B&Q? shopping with the missus?

Agonisingly watching your team head towards defeat is as much apart of being a supporter and going to games as watching them pound a team 5-0 and for the princley some of £38 I want to see it to the end.

On the other hand I did enjoy having a couple of sits to spread my ass across as I watched the final couple of minutes! :lol:

Wasn't there but reminds me of the Charlton game in '07 when I was.

Darren Bent equalized in the 89th minute....cue mass exodus and thousands miss McFadden's wonder strike which effectively secured our European place :) . That was a superb moment but I reckon Saturday must have been even better, given the opposition and the fact that we got two.

I'd still have been in my seat if I'd have been there.

If getting smashed by Arsenal 6-1 couldn't make me leave early that definitely wasn't going to.

As it was 6-0 up 'til the 92nd minute I don't think leaving when it was 6-1 could technically be described as early :P .

(And anyone leaving at 6-0 would have missed Louis kick-starting our season :lol:; sort of, brushing over the loss at Burnley in the next league game :unsure: )