IGNORED

Jonathan Legear

Jonathan Legear, a 23-year-old Belgian rightwinger, has claimed to Belgian media that Everton and Newcastle are chasing him:

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/Jupiler_Pro_League/101102_Legear_Engelse_interesse

The article says that he once again was man of the match in the game between top teams Anderlecht and Genk. Legear himself then says David Moyes has come to watch him play with Anderlecht 3 times and that he played really well in those games and that Moyes saw him play in the international match-up between Belgium and Austria (where he was very good as well) too. Then he goes on to say that Newcastle have contacted his manager because they are thinking of him as a replacement for the injured Hatem Ben Arfa. Then he says that a transfer in the January window is a possibility, but that he doesn't want to leave at all costs, because he's still enjoying himself at Anderlecht.

I think he could be a great addition to the squad. He's a natural winger. He's pacey and can get a cross in. However he is injured like once every 3 games.

Goal against Hamburg in last year's Europa Cup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdKwCSkVt44&feature=related

Goal against Athletic Bilbao in last year's Europa Cup:

Edited by Steve_E

I think he could be a great addition to the squad. He's a natural winger. He's pacey and can get a cross in. However he is injured like once every 3 games.

I agree with you there. Very good control of the ball, excellent shot on goal and a good cross. I assume he'd cost around €4m (?).

By the way, it's written Legear but it's pronounced "Le-jar". Not "Le-gear" like the Bilbao commentator does in that clip Steve_E posted :).

I agree with you there. Very good control of the ball, excellent shot on goal and a good cross. I assume he'd cost around €4m (?).

I think he's worth something like that. However I think Anderlecht will be looking for a bit more as his contract doesn't expire untill 30.06.2014.

I think another great option for the right wing would be Mehdi Carcela. He is more of the Arjen Robben type right winger as he's left footed. No doubt Moyes will be looking into him as well. Seems like he's very fond of the Belgian market lately. However I think Carcela will be in the Steven Defour price range (and out of ours) very soon.

"I think he could be a great addition to the squad. He's a natural winger. He's pacey and can get a cross in. However he is injured like once every 3 games."

----

No thanks, we have enough strikers who never play.

Other downsides are that he's a party animal and that he's mind numbingly dumb ..

He has a tattoo on his right arm which says "VINI, VIDI, VICI". After it was pointed out to him that it should say "veni", his response was that he's sure it should be "vini" because he checked it like 20 times on the internet... and his friends agree.

• 2 months later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1348595/Herita-Ilunga-set-West-Ham-exit--The-Insider.html

Exciting Belgian prospect Legear is ready to leave Anderlecht and was hoping it could be to the Premier League with Everton.

The Toffees manager David Moyes and his scouts have watched him several times this season including in international matches and definitely like the player.

The Belgian club even say that talks have taken place at boardroom level.

Anderlecht want in excess of £5m for the 23-year-old yet, despite the sale of Steven Pienaar, Moyes is having to work on loans only.

Pienaar's £3m fee will be little more than funds for loan fees as he tries to bring in three players with a striker still the priority.