IGNORED

Chelsea...........is This Evidence Of Their Demise?

Beaten again last night, they looked jaded, tired and most important of all old. Abramovich has taken a financial hiding over recent years, still a rich man but he has clearly curtailed big spending at the Bridge. A string of managers, Anchelotti being the only truly successful manager following the departure of Mourinho, and now he seems to be on the brink of the sack. It occurred to me last night; what happens if the Russian refuses to invest again in this aging squad, they have nowhere to go other than down. He could try and sell the club but who would buy it, lets face it their only real history is modern. I wonder what will happen to all those yuppies who jumped on the Chelsea bandwagon, they'll become Spuds or Citeh supporters I would guess.

How do you see Chelsea's future, back to the gutter from whence they came?

How do you see Chelsea's future, back to the gutter from whence they came?

It's a nice thought.

I used to have a bit of a soft spot for Chelsea because Stamford Bridge was the first top level ground I was taken to (in about 1966/7)....but to see them fall flat on their faces given recent history would give me huge pleasure.

I think that all the doomsaying is awfully premature. They have world-class players, a world-class manager, secure finances and zero debt repayments and they did the double only back in May.

They may need to rebuild, reinvest or change up their management structure but I think Chelsea will be there or thereabouts this season.

I think that all the doomsaying is awfully premature. They have world-class players, a world-class manager, secure finances and zero debt repayments and they did the double only back in May.

They may need to rebuild, reinvest or change up their management structure but I think Chelsea will be there or thereabouts this season.

There is a big need to rebuild but clubs Chelsea try to buy from will up their asking price every time. Abramovich has said they must sell first but look at the age of the squad, no I'm not writing them off this season but I am saying that the writing is on the wall loud and clear :Money: :crying smiley: :Red card: