IGNORED

You Might Shoot Me Down But....

In my opinion its time to let bygones be bygones and get over the whole Rooney fiasco.

We all know deep down that he had NOTHING to do with that transfer and that it was all stewed up by the EFC board - even down to the timing so that we could keep the banks happy and not the team...(bank was knocking on the door).

He is a superb player - probably amongst the best in the world at the tender age of 20. A feat that only the greats ever manage to boast - Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, van basten, beckenbauer, pele, etc.etc.

Some may think that naming him amongst those players is ludicrious but it really isn't. He is a household name at 20 yrs of age. It seems as though he has been around for ages and that his talent is only growing - but he is only 20!!!

He runs at established world class defenders as though they are nothing and its inspiring.

We should take great pride that his talent was nurtured and introduced to the world via the Goodison turfs.

Colin Harvey made that player - focusing his mind on the unique talent that he possesses.

But unfortunately Harvey retired and there was nothing at the club that could further develop Rooney - he was starting to go down a rocky road. his fitness and sharpness was decreasing and a move to United was the only way forward - to be further developed (not nurtured) by what is probably the best training coaches/facilities and manager in the England (and maybe the world) was the only way forward for him - and he has grown into something that Evertonians knew he would....But I still dont think that he would have chosen to go if given the option .

The option, however, is what he didn't get. He did us a favour - he left us £20m and played the game with the board and made it look as though it was his decision...career wise it probably was - at the time we could not tame the beast in a team of minnows. but passionate wise, love of the club and all that - Rooney never wanted to go and its obvious - he still plays for united wearing a blue wrist band. He still looks for the Everton result before anything else...he is a blue - buthe was blue at the wrong time in our history. Thats sad for evertonians - but its not Rooneys fault.

He couldn't have stayed and turned this club around - he had to leave for big money and it was planned as soon as he signed his first contract at the club - kenwright was rubbing his hands together back then - birch was drafted in to do the deal for EFC and United and then left once finalised - there was no board room row or split - it was all a conspiracy and as time moves, our opinions are changing over the whole saga.

My opinion is this - lets get off his back. There is no denying that he is and will continue to be an amazing talent in world football. and whilst he dones the england shirt he will have my backing. he has inadvertently done more for EFC than most players who have stayed - and he knew that was going to be the case..which is why he swallowed the disappointment and accepted that he had to play his part in a very bad move away from his beloved blues.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you said

31619[/snapback]

I agree. I was pi$$ed off when he left, but just because we couldn't keep him. At the end of the day he is the biggest talent to come out of English football in years and much as I hate to say it he would have quickly outgrown EFC, we are not the world leading club that Man U are and if they hadn't snapped him up then it would have been one of the others (Chelsea, Real, Barca etc...).

It's telling that the 04-05 season was one of the best we have had in recent memory even without him. I think Gravesson going had far more impact on the club than Rooney did (again, no matter who you are if you get the chance to play for a team like Real then you're going to take it).

I like Rooney, I think Man U have brought out the best in him and I think Fergie manages him well. I want him to get better and better as a player and help England be the international force thet we really should be.

In my opinion its time to let bygones be bygones and  get over the whole Rooney fiasco.

We all know deep down that he had NOTHING to do with that transfer and that it was all stewed up by the EFC board - even down to the timing so that we could keep the banks happy and not the team...(bank was knocking on the door).

He is a superb player - probably amongst the best in the world at the tender age of 20. A feat that only the greats ever manage to boast - Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, van basten, beckenbauer, pele, etc.etc.

Some may think that naming him amongst those players is ludicrious but it really isn't. He is a household name at 20 yrs of age. It seems as though he has been around for ages and that his talent is only growing - but he is only 20!!!

He runs at established world class defenders as though they are nothing and its inspiring.

We should take great pride that his talent was nurtured and introduced to the world via the Goodison turfs.

Colin Harvey made that player - focusing his mind on the unique talent that he possesses.

But unfortunately Harvey retired and there was nothing at the club that could further develop Rooney - he was starting to go down a rocky road. his fitness and sharpness was decreasing and a move to United was the only way forward - to be further developed (not nurtured) by what is probably the best training coaches/facilities and manager in the England (and maybe the world) was the only way forward for him - and he has grown into something that Evertonians knew he would....But I still dont think that he would have chosen to go if given the option .

The option, however, is what he didn't get. He did us a favour - he left us £20m and played the game with the board and made it look as though it was his decision...career wise it probably was - at the time we could not tame the beast in a team of minnows. but passionate wise, love of the club and all that - Rooney never wanted to go and its obvious - he still plays for united wearing a blue wrist band. He still looks for the Everton result before anything else...he is a blue - buthe was blue at the wrong time in our history. Thats sad for evertonians - but its not Rooneys fault.

He couldn't have stayed and turned this club around - he had to leave for big money and it was planned as soon as he signed his first contract at the club - kenwright was rubbing his hands together back then - birch was drafted in to do the deal for EFC and United and then left once finalised - there was no board room row or split - it was all a conspiracy and as time moves, our opinions are changing over the whole saga.

My opinion is this - lets get off his back. There is no denying that he is and will continue to be an amazing talent in world football. and whilst he dones the england shirt he will have my backing. he has inadvertently done more for EFC than most players who have stayed - and he knew that was going to be the case..which is why he swallowed the disappointment and accepted that he had to play his part in a very bad move away from his beloved blues.

31619[/snapback]

Can i just ask if you know all of this to be true or is it just guess work on your part that he didnt want to leave? And why if he still loves the blues does act like a dickhead towards fellow fans like himself when Manure play us?

You know I kind of agreed with most things you said, then I think back at when he scored against us, the way he celebrated didn't show me how much he loved the club.

IMO he should have done a Robbie Keane, when Robbie scored against Wolves, just ran pick the ball up told other people to piss off when they came over to celebrate, but the ball down in the circle and get the game going again. Now thats real love for a club that made someone.

It was then that my conclusion was made, Rooney wanted to leave the club.

Edited by TrueBlue

You know I kind of agreed with most things you said, then I think back at when he scored against us, the way he celebrated didn't show me how much he loved the club.

IMO he should have done a Robbie Keane, when he scored against Wolves, just ran pick the ball up told other people to piss off when they came over to celebrate, but the ball down in the circle and get the game going again. Now thats real love for a club that made someone.

It was then that my conclusion was made, he wanted to leave the club.

31714[/snapback]

Agreed

31714[/snapback]

Perhaps it was because of the $hit that was said about him by the fans when he went.

To my knowledge he hasn't publically slagged us off the way some players have when they have left (Radlinski).

Although it hurt at the time I think we should just let it go and look to the future with players like AJ coming into the ranks.

Perhaps it was because of the $hit that was said about him by the fans when he went.

To my knowledge he hasn't publically slagged us off the way some players have when they have left (Radlinski).

Although it hurt at the time I think we should just let it go and look to the future with players like AJ coming into the ranks.

31716[/snapback]

Its not surprising the way hes been treated though is it, he cant have been surprised when everyone thinks he figed us off?

Ive let it go now, i realised we didnt need him

Yeah a lot was said about him when he left, well a good way to prove those people right was to act the way he did. If he did not celebrate I'm quietly confident Everton fans would think...

"Its true, he was made to leave he still loves the club"

Well I know I would have and I'd have forgiven him in a second.

Also is he not a footballer? thought all that would have gone with the territory

Edited by TrueBlue

I'd have to write an essay to put over my views on this but broken down:

-Rooney was talked into leaving by the England players

-Our board saw pound signs and never stopped him.

-Rooney loves Everton

-Rooney reacted to his goal at Goodison due to provocation by the Gwladys Street and can be excused because of his age and obvious lack of maturity in many areas.

-I personally think he is a money grabbing lil c*nt

-His move did Everton the world of good

-His move did him the world of good

-I dont hate him but i'l try and destroy him every time he takes the Goodison field as that is my job as a Gwladys Street regular (if he's off manure can be beaten!).

-Would i have him back? Yes but i would expect some public groveling to the fans because if he's one of us he understands us.

-I hope the kid does well for himself & England and good luck to him.

I watch him and am still amazed by how good he is and that is what makes me hate him. If he was a Franny or a Barmby I wouldn't care as much but it's the fact that he is such a good player the likes of which we will not see at Goodison for another 50 years. To me, if he had stayed at the club till he was 20 and then left to find a bigger club he would have gone with my blessing, it's just in the whole larger picture Everton can simply be viewed as a stepping stone to bigger things a means to an end. All this crap about him becoming much better since going to Utd BOLLOCKS wasn't that Wayne Rooney who wowed Euro 2004 still an Everton player, oh yeah I think he was! He showed us no loyalty whatsoever and it's not like he wasn't playing for England whilst he was an Everton player, if he was 26 and wanted to win some silverware and thought Everton couldn't deliver that fair enough but he was only 18 at the time surely a little loyalty wasn't too much to ask for he just jumped ship as soon as another off came along.

Edited by L_Blue

I'd have to write an essay to put over my views on this but broken down:

-Rooney was talked into leaving by the England players

-Our board saw pound signs and never stopped him.

-Rooney loves Everton

-Rooney reacted to his goal at Goodison due to provocation by the Gwladys Street and can be excused because of his age and obvious lack of maturity in many areas.

-I personally think he is a money grabbing lil c*nt

-His move did Everton the world of good

-His move did him the world of good

-I dont hate him but i'l try and destroy him every time he takes the Goodison field as that is my job as a Gwladys Street regular (if he's off manure can be beaten!).

-Would i have him back? Yes but i would expect some public groveling to the fans because if he's one of us he understands us.

-I hope the kid does well for himself & England and good luck to him.

31726[/snapback]

Good post totally agree

I heard he had decided to follow a career in boxing instead but it might be another of his brothers he has a couple I think

31761[/snapback]

yeah you are right about boxing saw him at cheski away with frank bruno but thought they all into boxing when younger!

graham meant to be as good as wayne at football!

Can i just ask if you know all of this to be true or is it just guess work on your part that he didnt want to leave? And why if he still loves the blues does act like a dickhead towards fellow fans like himself when Manure play us?

31664[/snapback]

I am quite good friends with the agent of Ashley Ward - (who works for proactive sports - Rooney's agent) and I got this story from them - So i treat it as reliable.

I am quite good friends with the agent of Ashley Ward - (who works for proactive sports - Rooney's agent) and I got this story from them - So i treat it as reliable.

31771[/snapback]

Well im willing to believe you then. But if he didnt want to go then he didnt have to he could have said no couldnt he?

Well im willing to believe you then. But if he didnt want to go then he didnt have to he could have said no couldnt he?

31773[/snapback]

at 18 yrs of age, the club you love tell you that you are doing more good by going and saving them from financial ruin...

please remember throughout Rooney's youth, EFC have always struggled for cash and had the bank on the doorstep or have not been able to sign players due to the crisis - with being worth money - - he had no say in the matter - the deal was done long before any of us knew about it.

Trevor Birch was drafted in to 'sort the club out' - his first job was to go to Portugal and offer Rooney a £50k a week contract - but it failed to mention that the contract was for Everton - people just assumed that...

Birch was brought in to handle the massive transfer for Wayne Rooney - and that is what he did. After that he left - but the board had to cover it all up...

Rooney had little say and his goal celebration is at the fans because they dont know what happened behind closed doors and Rooney resents that we judged him without the facts.

ALso - the celebration was at the board (i think) for sending him up the road. If you had asked him before the transfer if he would play for mancs - he would have probably had the same reaction that me and you would have!! Spit, swear and threaten death for the suggesting such a horrible transfer!

I think he was just a pawn - nothing more.

at 18 yrs of age, the club you love tell you that you are doing more good by going and saving them from financial ruin...

please remember throughout Rooney's youth, EFC have always struggled for cash and had the bank on the doorstep or have not been able to sign players due to the crisis - with being worth money - - he had no say in the matter - the deal was done long before any of us knew about it.

Trevor Birch was drafted in to 'sort the club out' - his first job was to go to Portugal and offer Rooney a £50k a week contract - but it failed to mention that the contract was for Everton - people just assumed that...

Birch was brought in to handle the massive transfer for Wayne Rooney - and that is what he did. After that he left - but the board had to cover it all up...

Rooney had little say and his goal celebration is at the fans because they dont know what happened behind closed doors and Rooney resents that we judged him without the facts.

ALso - the celebration was at the board (i think) for sending him up the road. If you had asked him before the transfer if he would play for mancs - he would have probably had the same reaction that me and you would have!! Spit, swear and threaten death for the suggesting such a horrible transfer!

I think he was just a pawn - nothing more.

31780[/snapback]

Cr@p.

His agent, your alleged source, will have been the one to tell Rooney what to do and I bet he got a big fat bonus from Manure to do the transfer so why wouldn't he tell Rooney to go...he would get no bonus from Rooney staying!

So theres two people I would p**s on if on fire, Rooney and Rooney's agent at the time.

Precisely he could have said no, however, he was a young lad and if (as it did you him) it seemed that your bosses don't want you, you are pushed out of the club.

Until it's explained from Rooneys mouth why he left then I'll carry on doing what he does to us, not giving a poo about him.

Someone summed it up on a poster v Manure

"We hate him so much cos we Loved him so much" - not a truer word said about him imo

Edited by TrueBlue

LOL, nice banner :P

But about that goal celebration being towards fans for judging him without the facts, thats ridiculous. He could have proven them wrong, and could have been more direct at who the celebration was at.

Honestly, can we drop this conversation though, there was enough threads when he left :D