IGNORED

Moyes

Louis

http://www.express.c...tart-over-again

Arry Redknapp talks about Moyes' horse too:

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

David Moyes (Everton manager) has got a nice horse called Desert Cry, trained by Donald McCain. I’ve bet on it a couple of times and it looks a really good horse. Sir Alex (Ferguson) is also mad keen and loves his racing.

I love that Redknapp has a horse called "'Arry's 'orse" :D

“I will see if what they are talking about is workable.”

We're giving you no money Davey, not a penny, work with that. But if you fancy selling a few of your players to raise some money then go right ahead.

That's the boards strategy in a nutshell, and I find it disgusting that they can't find him anything before selling players.

We're giving you no money Davey, not a penny, work with that. But if you fancy selling a few of your players to raise some money then go right ahead.

That's the boards strategy in a nutshell, and I find it disgusting that they can't find him anything before selling players.

Disgusting this is, what a fucking shambles!!!

So where exactly do you suggest they find the money from?

Incidentally, I'm with Moyes all the way on the Rodwell/Fellaini issue. You only sell good players when they want to leave (I think Newcastle fucked up big times with Carroll, for instance), although there's no doubt Fellaini is the better player at moment (and best player we've got), I think it's inevitable he will go looking for CL football/top wages sooner rather than later, so let's forget all this talk about selling Rodwell, let's see just how good he really is, coz either a lot of people in football have got it very wrong about him or there's something wrong in the way we're bringing him on if he doesn't become a top player

Edited by nogs

So where exactly do you suggest they find the money from?

If they don't have the money to provide Moyes with anything then they're not the right people to be running the club, clearly. It's supposed to be a partnership is it not? Not Moyes covering up for their inadequacies time and time again. Only, this season their unsuitability to run a football club has been shown up because Moyes hasn't been able to perform miracles like he has in the past.

We're in the richest league in the world and the board can't provide their manager with any funds? There's something wrong with that, IMO. It stinks of mismanagement of the highest degree.

I accept that we're not cash rich but the board should provide Moyes with a base of funds, surely? He shouldn't have to do it all himself. I have issues with Moyes but he deserves better backing, he's earned it.

If they don't have the money to provide Moyes with anything then they're not the right people to be running the club, clearly. It's supposed to be a partnership is it not? Not Moyes covering up for their inadequacies time and time again. Only, this season their unsuitability to run a football club has been shown up because Moyes hasn't been able to perform miracles like he has in the past.

We're in the richest league in the world and the board can't provide their manager with any funds? There's something wrong with that, IMO. It stinks of mismanagement of the highest degree.

I accept that we're not cash rich but the board should provide Moyes with a base of funds, surely? He shouldn't have to do it all himself. I have issues with Moyes but he deserves better backing, he's earned it.

Still doesn't answer the question of where the money comes from. We made 200k of losses this year, and that's without signing anybody. You expect the board to chuck money at the problem?

The board and Moyes have got to discuss whether they want to be conservative and sell players, cut down on the wage bill, and try and stay in mid-table anonymity or take the financial risk, sign players and go for Champion's League football.

I'm fine with the first option personally

You expect the board to chuck money at the problem?

No, I don't. I expect them to find a solution whereby they find the funds or find someone who has the funds, they're the businessmen supposedly.

If they don't have the money to provide Moyes with a penny to spend then they shouldn't own a football club.

It's that simple.

The money mainly comes from TV revenue.

The latest accounts break down as

£50m from TV, £20m from match revenue, 7m from from sponsorship

The key is to get a better deal for the club from a sponsorship point of view.

Match revenue will barely change, even when Kirkby was proposed the club's accounts felt it would peak at £26m p.a.

TV revenue is largely down to cup runs and Premier League standing.

I'm fine with being a financially prudent club. Saying that because they're club owners they should have money to invest, I don't agree with that. If the club itself is not making money I personally don't see why owners should invest more in it. I mean, it would be nice, but I like the fact that we're mostly self sufficient.

I don't see myself as unambitious, but I am quite realistic in my expectations of the club I suppose. Fact is we are a mid-table club, maybe 8th or 9th best in the league. And we're doing that without needing outside investment. If you look at the clubs around us I think that's quite an achievement.

Moyes knows he's not going to get investment, those are the disappointing facts of the situation.

I'm with sapling here, appropiate name really..grows into a strong tree from good foundations :)

The problem is you can't expect people to pay £600+ for a season ticket when/if the club are openly saying that they're cutting back on expenses. People won't stand for it and as Romey does, see it as a lack of ambition.

The problem is you can't expect people to pay £600+ for a season ticket when/if the club are openly saying that they're cutting back on expenses. People won't stand for it and as Romey does, see it as a lack of ambition.

Exactly, and it's easy for him to be happy with the current situation when he comes from Singapore tbf.

Exactly, and it's easy for him to be happy with the current situation when he comes from Singapore tbf.

Don't see how that makes my opinion any less valid, unless you are saying that I'm not as hardcore a fan as you are, which I admit I probably am not. Would be cooler if you could explain why my opinion is wrong though, rather than just discrediting it because I wasn't born in Liverpool.

Also, a big thanks for making an overseas member feel so welcome.

I think what he's saying is that being based in Singapore you are unlikely to be a season ticket holder.

My point above was that people would be unwilling to pay a lot of money for a season ticket money if the club told fans they were lowering ambitions temporarily.

Equally.. some players or even the manager may feel the same and want to move to somewhere that has ambition.

Don't see how that makes my opinion any less valid, unless you are saying that I'm not as hardcore a fan as you are, which I admit I probably am not. Would be cooler if you could explain why my opinion is wrong though, rather than just discrediting it because I wasn't born in Liverpool.

Also, a big thanks for making an overseas member feel so welcome.

I don't give two squirts of piss where you're from, the more fans from around the world we have the better, but what I meant is it's easier for you to be happy with sitting mid-table doing absolutely nothing in the league and selling our best players because you aren't spending x amount of money to watch said players. You try putting every penny you possibly can into the club and then have the board do nothing.

I wasn't born in Liverpool either, I didn't mention Liverpool once in my post.

I'm glad I made you feel welcome. Score.

Edited by Romey 1878

Aww, thank you.

Hahaha Thanks Romey you cheered me up with some of those posts! Im also with you mate i was lucky enough to watch the great 80s team! The board were fantastic back then we were known as a millionaire club! Looking at it now what a difference, theres not even a pot to piss in! Were a well supported club (bought my 7 month old boy his 1st kit today to keep it that way) but i kinda feel short changed. I put my hand in my pocket as often as i can to go and watch and always buy the newest kit, why dont the board make any kind of effort? Do we not count? Im not expecting 20 million pound players but they didnt even free up the money for a loan player in January! Surely its not wrong to expect more? Oh and welcome Saplingg nice to have you on board.

Edited by smeghead1

I don't give two squirts of piss where you're from, the more fans from around the world we have the better, but what I meant is it's easier for you to be happy with sitting mid-table doing absolutely nothing in the league and selling our best players because you aren't spending x amount of money to watch said players. You try putting every penny you possibly can into the club and then have the board do nothing.

I wasn't born in Liverpool either, I didn't mention Liverpool once in my post.

I'm glad I made you feel welcome. Score.

I don't condone selling our best players. Not once did I say we should. But I don't condone the idea of mindless injection of money. A football club is meant to be self sustaining. Fuck, with the millions of dollars they get every year, not just from season ticket holders but from people who subscribe to TV channels halfway around the world too.

Reduce the wage bill. Get a transfer fee for the players we don't need. Get cheaper backups than Heitinga or Bilyaletdinov. They're not going to be Moyes' first choice picks, and I don't think Bily's or Heit's performances couldn't be matched by a budget alternative. Cap the salaries. Keep making profitable signings, sell the players not in the long term vision of the club. Hang on to Felli, Rodwell, Jags, Baines, Coleman, they are the future of Everton.

Take the money saved, use that to buy players. Not an interest-free loan from BK, or a blind injection from some billionaire. It'd be nice to win shit, to be making marquee signings, but until then it's even nicer knowing that the club I support is a healthy, fiscally responsible and profitable one. And I don't think I'd feel different whether I was a season ticket holder or not.

Edited by saplingg

I don't condone selling our best players. Not once did I say we should. But I don't condone the idea of mindless injection of money. A football club is meant to be self sustaining. Fuck, with the millions of dollars they get every year, not just from season ticket holders but from people who subscribe to TV channels halfway around the world too.

Reduce the wage bill. Get a transfer fee for the players we don't need. Get cheaper backups than Heitinga or Bilyaletdinov. They're not going to be Moyes' first choice picks, and I don't think Bily's or Heit's performances couldn't be matched by a budget alternative. Cap the salaries. Keep making profitable signings, sell the players not in the long term vision of the club. Hang on to Felli, Rodwell, Jags, Baines, Coleman, they are the future of Everton.

Take the money saved, use that to buy players. Not an interest-free loan from BK, or a blind injection from some billionaire. It'd be nice to win shit, to be making marquee signings, but until then it's even nicer knowing that the club I support is a healthy, fiscally responsible and profitable one. And I don't think I'd feel different whether I was a season ticket holder or not.

Nice idea, however a massive hole in your argument is that you have got absolutely no chance what so ever of keeping your best player if you put a cap on wages, ala Piennar

Oh and it doesnt matter where in the world your televison set/ IP addresss is your far from being the only non match going Evertonian in here and besides any blue is a good blue, spread the faith!

You've written some good sensible stuff in your posts, people may not like the lack of ambition but personally I appreciate the realism. How much are we in debt - is it something like £50m? Then we pay something like £7m a year in interest. Sell Rodwell, sell Heitinga and Bily, replace with a couple of bargains from the lower divisions (they can't do worse than Bily or Heits this year) and let's try and wipe out the £50 debt. We then have £7m a year at least to spend on players rather than on interest payments. We then look more attractive to potential buyers. Fellaini - if the price is right - can go as well. Fellaini has had an excellent season but is he Fabregas, is he Gerrard - no, he's just a good defensive midfielder. He has more ability than Lee Carsley but Carsley did nearly as good a job and buying someone like him would cost about £4m, selling Fellaini may raise £20. In reality there is no way that there is £16m worth of difference between what Carsley did for us and what Fellaini does, we can use that £16m to strengthen up front and out wide. That's the club we are at the moment, sell a player for big money and hope Moyes can pick up players equally as good cheaper. The only one who I think is irreplaceable is Arteta, he's had a poor season but we are unlikely to attract another player with his ability at the moment and at a cheap price.

You're all missing the point. I'm not saying we shouldn't sell players to raise funds, but the board should be able to provide some funds before we have to sell players as well you know. It pisses me off that Kenwright and his fellow board members have never put anything into the club, nothing.

Oh and Saplingg try holding onto "the future" of Everton while we languish in mid-table. You might be happy with the club being there but Baines, Felli, Jags etc etc will not be. They have ambitions to be better than that, even if you don't.