Stephenson26

Chang Beer  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Chang Beer?

• Yes
    • I've had worse
    • Never tried it
    • Tastes like shit

What about Duvel? and even Timmermans Frambozen or Kriek can be quite nice for a refreshing change. Another I like is the Saint Feuillien range, which are quite strong. Them trappist monks knew how to party.

Duvel is something used to get tourists drunk :). It looks like a normal beer (like Stella) but actually has 8.5% alcohol. A lot of people like it, it's very bitter.

Kriek and Timmermans Frambozen is know as a womens drink. Too sweet for my taste.

Never heard of Saint Feuillien, I'll make sure to try it sometime.

There's an Irish pub close to where I work. When I'm there I always order Killkenny which is a very decent beer ( half a litre for 2.5 euros (!) during happy hour - daily from 5pm to 6pm ).

Duvel is something used to get tourists drunk :). It looks like a normal beer (like Stella) but actually has 8.5% alcohol.

Think we've talked about this in the past Holy but is that the one served in a tulip shaped glass?

Had one on my one trip to Belgium, it's poured into the glass with a large head on it so that when you try to drink it the froth goes up your nose and the fumes make you choke :unsure: . The solution is to tip your head back with the glass rather than tipping the glass :) .

This is odd.....on sale now :mellow: .

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/854465-stella-artois-set-to-launch-stella-cidre-in-uk

Think we've talked about this in the past Holy but is that the one served in a tulip shaped glass?

Had one on my one trip to Belgium, it's poured into the glass with a large head on it so that when you try to drink it the froth goes up your nose and the fumes make you choke :unsure: . The solution is to tip your head back with the glass rather than tipping the glass :) .

I think you're talking about Kwak, Mike. I don't get why they pour in that kind of glass. Not one of my favourite beers anyway.

However, Kwak is from the same brewery as Karmeliet. The Tripel Karmeliet was voted best beer in the world (ahead of perennial winner Westvleteren) a few years ago. Definitely worth a try, one of the best blond beers.

EDIT: on second reading of your post, you might be talking about Duvel. Never knew people had problems drinking out of a Duvel glass. Tourists :rolleyes: . :).

Edited by holystove

I think you're talking about Kwak, Mike. I don't get why they pour in that kind of glass. Not one of my favourite beers anyway.

However, Kwak is from the same brewery as Karmeliet. The Tripel Karmeliet was voted best beer in the world (ahead of perennial winner Westvleteren) a few years ago. Definitely worth a try, one of the best blond beers.

EDIT: on second reading of your post, you might be talking about Duvel. Never knew people had problems drinking out of a Duvel glass. Tourists :rolleyes: . :).

Kwak was originally brewed for horsedrawn coachmen travelling between towns in olden times, and some say anglers. The glass is placed into a wooden receptacle, hence the shape of the glass, rather like a test tube. This wooden receptacle (or base) would then be fixed to the side of the coach and as the traveller went about his business between towns and villages he had his beer at hand and the receptacle meant none of it would be spilt. Similar reason for anglers. I have one within my collection. Most glasses have the wide head to allow the aroma to circulate and helps keep the head on more frothy beers.

The Duvel we get here ranges from the red label 8.5% through to the purple label which I think is 10.5%. There is also Red Devil (that is what is on the glass anyway) from Belgium, which is 13.5%, only for the hardened beer taster.

Edited by The Beard

Chang on offer at Tesco's....

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268270009

Think I'll give it a try :) .

Ah i had the email from Chang earlier!

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=1bd72731a2e0cdf98e2faf09a&id=cd23fb5d51&e=8f9769a7b7

Went to my local tesco by work at lunch to see if they had any in.. i now have 30 bottles of 640ml Chang sat warming up for me in the car :D

didnt realise its only on offer at £1.56 till the 20th .. will have to stock up before the offer goes!

• 2 weeks later...

Beer topic!! :yay:

I had Chang once, let's say i had worse.

I regularly drink Hoegaarden, "wit bier", it's one of the best.

I also Like Rodenbach, really a special taste, a little sour.

I don't like Stella, tbh i'm tired of all the pils style pale lagers at the moment.

I like a Guinnes every ones in a while, I'd like to try some more Irish and British beers, but the pubs that serve those around here are generally to expensive for my taste.

Duvel is quite good, like all the Moortgat beers, but like Holystove said, be careful.

I never tasted a triple karmeliet, need to remember that one..

My favorite trappist is Chimay, followed by La trappe --> Belgians like to dis Dutch beers, but generally stop it when they try this :D

Edit: Guinness is Irish not British

Edited by Churinga

• 2 weeks later...

The Tripel Karmeliet was voted best beer in the world (ahead of perennial winner Westvleteren) a few years ago. Definitely worth a try, one of the best blond beers.

I tried Triple Karmeliet a week ago, and I was a little dissapointed..

Edited by Churinga