IGNORED

Bored, So Some Real Random Footy And Music Questions...

The Beard

Not going to have time to do any guessing just now but the ones I know for certain... or at least think I know. LOL

Bands

6 10cc

Firsts

5 I really should know this one but there are only two names thaqt come to mind and I am not at all sure they were killed in flying. ( I refuse to google ) First name is Eilmer of Malmsbury in 1000 ad (yes thats right, pre- norman conquest not sure of my spelling) and the second name is Sir George Cayley who even the Wright brothers say invented the aeroplane really.

Last lines

9 The Good The Bad and The Ugly.

10 Home Alone ( I think)

I will have another think when I have more time.

Oh bugga, 9 and 10 of last lines were already answered. Do I lose points for not reading through all the posts first? :lol:

Clue Time.

Band names again and which bands got their names from the following:

1. From the Californian slang for a Marijuana joint.............USA funk/ soul. The ...... Brothers

2. From a 1960 film starring Robert Wagner...................Does she drive me crazy?

3. From a robot that appeared in a childrens comic.............Mmmm maybe an early car too?

4. From graffiti seen on a Berlin toilet wall................Think of the location Berlin a famous building.

5. From a sports centre where another band where appearing.............Oasis, already given, seen on an Inspiral Carpets tour poster.

6. From a 'Bluesmans' term for what a man gives a woman during s*x..........Mmmm what you are giving and the supposed amount of male bodily fluid?

7. From a steam powered di*do as featured in a famous novel........from a William Burroughs novel.

8. From a 60's, 70's pep pill.....................They went chasing for this at 12am

9. From T.S Eliots 'Book of Cats'.................Might get this if it was 'In the Summertime'

10. From a newspaper cutting about Frank Sinatra..........Frankie Goes to Hollywood, already answered.

Some Firsts.

1. Who directed the first episode of the tv series Columbo?......Very famous film director?

2. He was the first to install one and the first to be killed using one. Who and what was he using?......To do with roadworks

3. The first McDonalds in Europe opened where?............Could have been Hamburg but they chose ...... instead.

4. The first guest on This Is Your Life was whom?..........Appeared on the programme more than anyone else.

5. Who was the first Englishman to be killed in an aviation accident?......More famous for the car industry, very posh cars?

Last Lines of Classic Movies.

1. 'I used to hate the water- I can't imagine why'........A large fishy story?

2. 'Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly'...............A great 80's Everton defender?

3. 'The horror, the horror'..............Could have been Don Corleone but just another part he played?

4. 'I think we ought to leave now- Yeah thats probably a good idea'.....Pulp Fiction, already answered.

5. 'I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has ben in my dreams. I hope'.......Shawshank Redemption, already answered.

6. 'The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist, and like that he's gone'.......A predictable line-up ?

7. 'I'll be right here'..............before he goes home?

8. 'I was cured all right'...........A timely fruit?

9. 'Do you know what you are? You're all stinkin sons of....!!!'.......Good the bad and the ugly, already answered.

10. 'Kevin, what did you do to my room?'..Home Alone, already answered.

Edited by The Beard

Clue Time.

1. From the Californian slang for a Marijuana joint.............USA funk/ soul. The ...... Brothers Dooby Brothers

2. From a 1960 film starring Robert Wagner...................Does she drive me crazy?

3. From a robot that appeared in a childrens comic.............Mmmm maybe an early car too?

4. From graffiti seen on a Berlin toilet wall................Think of the location Berlin a famous building. Spandau Ballet

5. From a sports centre where another band where appearing.............Oasis, already given, seen on an Inspiral Carpets tour poster.

6. From a 'Bluesmans' term for what a man gives a woman during s*x..........Mmmm what you are giving and the supposed amount of male bodily fluid?10cc

7. From a steam powered di*do as featured in a famous novel........from a William Burroughs novel.

8. From a 60's, 70's pep pill.....................They went chasing for this at 12am

9. From T.S Eliots 'Book of Cats'.................Might get this if it was 'In the Summertime' Mungo Jerry

10. From a newspaper cutting about Frank Sinatra..........Frankie Goes to Hollywood, already answered.

Some Firsts.

1. Who directed the first episode of the tv series Columbo?......Very famous film director?

2. He was the first to install one and the first to be killed using one. Who and what was he using?......To do with roadworks

3. The first McDonalds in Europe opened where?............Could have been Hamburg but they chose ...... instead. There is a place called McNugget?

4. The first guest on This Is Your Life was whom?..........Appeared on the programme more than anyone else. Eamon Andrews

5. Who was the first Englishman to be killed in an aviation accident?......More famous for the car industry, very posh cars? WO Bently or Was it Royce?

1. 'I used to hate the water- I can't imagine why'........A large fishy story? Jaws

2. 'Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly'...............A great 80's Everton defender?

3. 'The horror, the horror'..............Could have been Don Corleone but just another part he played?

4. 'I think we ought to leave now- Yeah thats probably a good idea'.....Pulp Fiction, already answered.

5. 'I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has ben in my dreams. I hope'.......Shawshank Redemption, already answered.

6. 'The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist, and like that he's gone'.......A predictable line-up ? The Exorcist

7. 'I'll be right here'..............before he goes home?

8. 'I was cured all right'...........A timely fruit?

9. 'Do you know what you are? You're all stinkin sons of....!!!'.......Good the bad and the ugly, already answered.

10. 'Kevin, what did you do to my room?'..Home Alone, already answered.

Well thats the best I can do without googling.

Well thats the best I can do without googling.

Bands.

1. Correct, Doobie is Californian slang for marijuana.

4. Spandau Ballet is indeed the graffiti seen on a loo wall in Berlin.

6. Wrong

9. Mungo Jerry is from T.S Eliot's Book of Cats.

Firsts.

3. Wrong

4. Correct, Eamon Andrews was the first recipient of This is Your Life and of course went on to present it for many years.

5. Close but no cigar.

Movies.

1. Correct

6. Wrong

Thanks for the quiz mate it was fun. I won't google even though I had my go, I will wait patiently (sort of) for you to post the answers.

Should have got Mungo Jerry....used to know someone who was in the band (I'm such a name dropper :lol: ).

Mike it is your age lad, you are getting mixed up with Mary, Mungo and Midge. A popular trio from back then I understand.

Ok answer time so you can all sleep soundly

1. From the Californian slang for a Marijuana joint.

A. The Doobie Brothers

2. From a 1960 film starring Robert Wagner.

A. (All The ) Fine Young Cannibals

3. From a robot that appeared in a childrens comic.

A. Thin Lizzy, it was Tin Lizzy in the comic but they added the 'H' thinking it would be promounced 'tin' as in their native Irsish twang.

4. From graffiti seen on a Berlin toilet wall.

A. Spandau Ballet

5. From a sports centre where another band where appearing.

A. Oasis

6. From a 'Bluesmans' term for what a man gives a woman during s*x.

A. Obscure answer but 60's group The Lovin' Spoonful.

7. From a steam powered di*do as featured in a famous novel.

A. Folk group from 60's/ 70's Steely Dan

8. From a 60's, 70's pep pill.

A. 80's chart-toppers Dexy's Midnight Runners, Dexedrine being the drug.

9. From T.S Eliots 'Book of Cats'.

A. Mungo Jerry

10. From a newspaper cutting about Frank Sinatra.

A. Frankie Gores To Hollywood.

Some Firsts.

1. Who directed the first episode of the tv series Columbo?

A. Steven Spielberg

2. He was the first to install one and the first to be killed using one. Who and what was he using?

A. Captain Pierrepoint installed the first traffic island outside his exclusive London club then was killed trying to cross the road to it.

3. The first McDonalds in Europe opened where?

A. Munich, Germany 1971, the first in UK was in Woolwch, London in 1974.

4. The first guest on This Is Your Life was whom?

A. Eamonn Andrews

5. Who was the first Englishman to be killed in an aviation accident?

A. Henry Rolls of Rolls/ Royce fame.

1. 'I used to hate the water- I can't imagine why'

A. JAWS

2. 'Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly'

A. PSYCHO (DID YOU LIKE MY CLUE)

3. 'The horror, the horror'

A. APOCOLYPSE NOW

4. 'I think we ought to leave now- Yeah thats probably a good idea'

A. PULP FICTION

5. 'I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has ben in my dreams. I hope'

A. SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION

6. 'The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist, and like that he's gone'

A. THE USUAL SUSPECTS

7. 'I'll be right here'

A. E.T.

8. 'I was cured all right'

A. A CLOCKWORK ORANGE

9. 'Do you know what you are? You're all stinkin sons of....!!!'

A. THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY

10. 'Kevin, what did you do to my room?'

A. HOME ALONE

Well done if you got any and for having a go..............surprisingly I am full of useful sh*t like that. :lol:

Edited by The Beard