IGNORED

Free Phone Calls During Weekends And Evenings

Louis

I've been with this company since August now and never had a problem. My phonebill used to be £18.50 with BT . Now it is £7 per month.

I just thought I'd share it with you all. Especially those about to move into student houses :)

http://www.planet-talk.co.uk/productdetail...menuselection=1

32821[/snapback]

Very happy with NTL, although I am I am looking around for a decent Interweb provider. Bulldog looks OK, anyone with experience of them?.

ATB

Mac

Very happy with NTL, although I am I am looking around for a decent Interweb provider. Bulldog looks OK, anyone with experience of them?.

ATB

Mac

32823[/snapback]

Been with Bulldog Mac and their broadband service is very reliable and fast but their customer service is sh1te!

I had no problems for 8 months but when i moved house i had to leave with a live internet connection still running and being paid for cos they dont answer the phones and ignore your emails. One of those companys that answers sales calls in one ring but has no one on the customer service lines.

Also had probs with Bulldog they did this whole canvasing of the manchester area and told all us students 8MB broadband fitted in 2 weeks a month later and they said it would still be a month never actually got their internet service cos cancelled it after 8 weeks of waiting so just know their customer service is poo as someone else said. Went with PlusNet last year and they were ok.

QUOTE(Louis @ Jun 23 2006, 10:16 PM)

I've been with this company since August now and never had a problem. My phonebill used to be £18.50 with BT . Now it is £7 per month.

Thought BT Bills are every 3 months, so would £7 a month be £21 a quarter. ??

Nobody can Beat TALK TALK for Cheap, and free calls, but you have to have a BT connection, to recieve it. Go to any Carphone Warehouse To enquire.

Talk Talk is the way ahead - IM going to scap NTL go with Talk Talk - free broadband - but you have to wait 2 or 3 months.

32898[/snapback]

Talk Talk form CPW is the way forward. Trust me the stuff they have planned for the future is good.

I use Tesco's for everything, phone, internet, insurance, petrol as much as poss. My phone bill is about £15/16 a quarter now an I spend more time talking to my brother in France than anywhere else, wife has brothers in Amsterdam and North Carolina also!!

The reason is that I exchange all my tesco points for Air Miles...got more than 5,000 in the last two years..don't know what I'm gonna do with them yet though :unsure: .

keep getting as many as u can. my dad got so many air miles he managed to get  the 4 of us on a return flight to spain FOR FREE!!!

34657[/snapback]

I've got enough for a return flight to Hong Kong (for example). Wife will have to go to her mums :lol::lol: .

How do you swap clubcard points for airmiles?

34706[/snapback]

You just register for it on the Tesco web-site Louis, and instead of money off vouchers you get air-miles. 240 miles for every 1000 clubcard points. I use a Tesco credit card for all the routine shopping also, so that boosts it.

How do you swap clubcard points for airmiles?

34706[/snapback]

You phone tesco club card help line and tell them you want your club cards converting to air miles, then you'll get a letter from airniles with your new accout

Every little helps

I've got about 4000 miles now after a couple of years, but not sure what to do with them also :huh:

I've got about 4000 miles now after a couple of years, but not sure what to do with them also  :huh:

34739[/snapback]

Problem is finding where they are most cost effective. If you use them for short haul fights you get the flight for "free" but the taxes and charges they add make it more expensive than flying with a budget airline. For long haul, especially with a family, you need a huge amount..tens of thousands.

You can use them on brochure holidays booked through air miles and they're worth £60.00 per 1000, or on car hire, hotels, eurostar and maybe other stuff that I can't think of at the mo.

What gets me is that paper miles, that is vouchers rather than what you have in your account, sell on ebay for about £100.00 per 1000, so there must be a way of using them to get value in excess of that or people wouldn't buy them!! The answer may be to message someone bidding for them on ebay and ask them what they use them for...a bit cheeky but it may be worth a go.

What gets me is that paper miles, that is vouchers rather than what you have in your account, sell on ebay for about £100.00 per 1000, so there must be a way of using them to get value in excess of that or people wouldn't buy them!! The answer may be to message someone bidding for them on ebay and ask them what they use them for...a bit cheeky but it may be worth a go.

Not neccassarily Mike. You've done your home work, but someone who has a few thousand mile and wants a couple of thousand more to get to oz will pay the hundred quid as the real value to them is more than the pro rata rate. Or as with many things on ebay, people bid over the odds because they havent got a clue

Edited by Zed

Not neccassarily Mike. You've done your home work, but someone who has a few thousand mile and wants a couple of thousand more to get to oz will pay the hundred quid as the real value to them is more than the pro rata rate. Or as with many things on ebay, please bid over the odds because they havent got a clue

35278[/snapback]

Valid point Zed, not thought of it like that. I'm probably over-complicating...wife wants to use them to pay a big chunk off next years summer holiday so we'll probably end up doing that. Got too much time on my hands...brain starts thinking and that's not normally a healthy place for me to be :lol: .

Well for mobiles and broadband I received a call today from Orange.

I have been a broadband user since the days of Freeserve, which became Wanadoo, and now, more recently Orange.co.uk.

I can not vouch for this service as I have only heard the very basic details from an operator, and they are sending me more details out, but, they are offering a deal whereby you take out a 12 month contract on a range of mobile telephones (different packages are available) and you get 12 month of free broadband.

The number to call is 07973 100 150.