IGNORED

Sun Website Hacked

Louis

this is Antisec that did this, they are NOT Anonymous lol, despite whats said there. Anonymous started out from 4chan, then after a few years they died and some anons formed Lulzsec, these are the guys who hacked PS3 and various other things in the news recently, the Lulz guys have recently changed their name to Antisec although they do still have some Lulz based media pages like FB and Twitter, Anonymous is a very complicated thing, and difficult to explain as its not just about hacking, they are more about handing back power to the people and all that shit, and there are seperate Anonymous groups for each country, making them very hard to track down, Antisec is the latest project thats running at the moment and they have BIG plans, these guys know there shit, and there NOT kids, that 19 year old that got arrested a few weeks back was nothing to do with the Lulz boys and the police were just putting 2 + 2 = 5 as they do due to media pressure. what the media and government need to understand is that these are not groups, they are projects, anyone can be involved if you got the skills. incase you wonder how i know all this, well i was part of the original Anonymous, and i still follow the scene, and have contacts within although i don't class myself as a hacker anymore ;)

I've no problem with hackers that attack dickheads like The Sun its just sad when normal people such as the PS3 users get hit and all that. Is it just me or in the past 12 months there was been a massive rise in hackers?

I mean Anonymous, LulzSec?

Anonymous have never been more than DDoS-attack monkeys who mainly live in their parents basements. They're deluded nerds who think that the entire internet revolves around them. They think they have actual 'power' when in reality all they have is numbers.

Lulz/Antisec are just a step above. They're more skilled but nothing that would pique the interest of any of the serious players. All they've proven is that many of the worlds biggest companies have woefully neglected their cyber-security in recent years. They thought they could get by with outsourcing all of their work to 'security' firms who were really more marketing bluster than expertise. Give it a year, the 'scalps' they're chasing will have shored up their defences and Lulzec and their ilk will be back to DDoS'ing websites.

They are masters of self-promotion. They feed their little egos that were bruised on the schoolyard by frightening a western society which is completely ignorant of technology. The fact that the media still calls DDoS-attacks 'hacking' is an embarrassment.

These Lulz/Antisec guys haven't even flashed up on the radar of the lads at the NSA/GCHQ. I'd say the 'real' hackers out there are laughing their nuts off at these up-jumped IT support guys who fancy themselves as the saviours of the internet. It's actually rather embarrassing for them. They think they've finally become the 'big men' but they'll still shit their pants when the cops bust down their doors.

Fools.

I've no problem with hackers that attack dickheads like The Sun its just sad when normal people such as the PS3 users get hit and all that. Is it just me or in the past 12 months there was been a massive rise in hackers?

I mean Anonymous, LulzSec?

Hackers have always there, its just with the advent of Facebook and Twitter, their exploits get more exposure to mass media and the public, and because so many people have facebook and twitter, alot of it is people after other peoples details, but not always for fraud. alot of hackers will take peoples details(like the PS3 thing) and use the details to make a new profile for themselves, so to keep under the radar, but when Anonymous hacked Mastercard, well that was for fraudulant purposes, probably to get resources for whatever their next campaign is