IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers (Away)

LexKing

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah ok you win if it makes you feel better! We must all now back up any statement made on here with legal documentation, incase it's made up! yawn!

LOL

I know i win, you dont need to tell me. Its clear for all to see, you came on and made wild statement hoping no-one would pick up on it and now when questioned you refuse to back it up

So your reason for posting is that your desperate for people to pick up on what YOU say, not for expressing opinions about a topic discussed, it's all about YOU isn't it!

Its the same thing, your posting YOUR opinion hoping others either agree with you or think about what you have said. If your posting to get ignored then there is no point

Edited by HalewoodBlue

We won't play like that week in week out though and we will be towards the top of the league over the course of the season. Unfortunately due to financial constraints that will be seen as a good season.

I don't see much of what Moyes could have done differently re. line-up yesterday...

Should Hibbert have started? I think so.

Should Heitinga stayed CB? I think so but who would have replaced Rodwell in the middle? Cahill needed dropping according to some.

Should we have played 2 up top? Well we should have vs QPR no doubt but Moyes obviously doesn't see Beckford and Anichebe as a combination that is good enough for the Premier League.

Bringing on Cahill at that time was a good substitution - we needed more leadership on the pitch.

People on here are taking out our shit financial state and complete lack of transfer activity on what's going on, on the pitch. Yes we were very poor, but to say it's the worst performance ever is a huge over statement based on a shit summer. Re. QPR any other day we'd have beaten them or at least saved a point - what if Baines had hit that FK 1 inch lower? - different story.

The facts are we have 3 points from 2 games - I would have expected at least 4 from those fixtures but it could be a lot worse.

We played okay against QPR without any finish/ wasted opportunities, we looked lively vs Sheff.Utd, controlled the game and progressed in the cup, we got a lucky 3 points away to Blackburn and played poor - end of the fucking world!!!

A lot of people on here are letting their disappointment of our shocking summer blow yesterdays performance out of proportion - everyone needs to chill the fuck out and get behind the boys. If we can't do anything before Wednesday then let's support who we've got!

Yes I get your point - I just think it's a knee-jerk blown out of proportion point clouded by other activities going on off the pitch.

Anyway to get back to the game that was in question and not the slanging match...

You are right I am probably over-reacting in some aspect, BUT, its not like this is only happening this season. Its not been the best part of 24months that we have had to endure the same thing. Yes ok we might have got a point with Baines' free kick but we should have to rely on set pieces to win games against poor teams. By your same reasoning in the Blackburn game we could have lost 4/5-1 and thats not over exagerating.

My main problem is that we are generally too defensive. We have too many defensive players on the pitch, we dont look to play the ball quickly or forward we dont look to create too many chances from open play. Its not just in the last two games, its been most of last season, and parts of the season before. I genuinely dont understand why Moyes decides to change things when he sees they are working. For example look at the first half against Liverpool last year. They werent great but we got at them, pressed high, got the tackles in, played the ball forward with pace and had midfielders breaking forward. We would have romped the likes of QPR & Blackburn if we had showed the same desire. That for me is the biggest problem, and bar a handful of games a season, it doesnt seem to change.

Now having said that I actually think now, judging my Moyes comments and the signing of Drenthe, that we will look to be trying to get at teams a little more, especially when Coleman & Gueye are fit. We have a bit of extra pace and a bit of extra tenacity which is what we lack in spades. I am much more optimistic for the season now than I was before simply because I get the feeling Moyes is looking to mix it up a bit, more so in terms of mentality than actual formation/players. It could be just what we need.