IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers (Away)

LexKing

Fuckin'ell. That result masks that performance. No leadership. School boy errors and silly mistakes. I just can't understand DM sometimes, you field a strong team on Wednesday, play well and get a result and nearly all of those who played well, were either dropped (Hibbert) or moved into a different position (Heitinga)...no wonder there's no cohesion!?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errm well err yes i guess that is 3 points to us then!

Completely outplayed by Blackburn helped by our shocking inability to keep hold of the ball with Neville and Jags the main culprits again with the latter giving away a stupid pen, while skipper continues to shit out of tackles. Hibbo must be wondering what the hell he has to do to stay in this team after his good performance on wed.

All over the park, the inability to keep a simple pass was there for all to see. Barkley had a poor game and was unlucky for the pen i thought but am not going to have a go at him as i dont expect him to be good all time. Thought Cahill and Bilya at least showed a willingness to do something different than the rest of the shite i was watching.

All in all will take 3 points but we need to play a lot lot lot better than that

Why is Arteta taking our penalty? Scored it or not.

Baines - grow some balls.

Moyes, grow some balls.

Not good enough.

don't get your gripe..arteta is a crackin penalty taker and scored it under big big pressure..a lot to moan about in that game but arteta takin the penalty isn't one of them

Edited by marcopaulo

Can't tell you how angry I am. Surrounded by reds now too. That performance was awful. Totally disgusted at decisions, the way a 17 year olds confidence was handled, lack of leadership, formation. Go home lads and get watching a tape of the crap we just had to endure, and maybe challenge your manager to make some changes.

Can't tell you how angry I am. Surrounded by reds now too. That performance was awful. Totally disgusted at decisions, the way a 17 year olds confidence was handled, lack of leadership, formation. Go home lads and get watching a tape of the crap we just had to endure, and maybe challenge your manager to make some changes.

Totally agree with Moyes about Barkley, he was having a shit game, give away a pen and his head was up his arse. What was the point leaving him on?

Fucking disgraceful performance. right up there in the worst performance I has ever seen by Everton. The only way we could have scored today was with a penalty as we very rarely threatened.

Moyes really can fuck off now. He doesnt have a clue and Jags can fuck off with him if he doesnt buck his ideas up as he was shambolic at times.

Only two players come out of that well and that is Howard and Baines. Comfortably our best players, with Barkley and Osman getting mentions for their 1st half displays.

Howard as mentioned easily Motm. Some cracking saves, especially the one from the spot.

Neville was poor again. Nothing going forward, shaky at the back. No leadership under the cosh either, in fact he got worse.

Jags made a lot of mistakes, but in his defence did some good work as well.

Distin was the same as Jags, and could have cost us goals if it wasnt for Howard or Jags covering.

Baines was ok at the back but great getting forward.

Heitinga was anonymous

Fellaini was putting in the work, but not getting much result wise although he did the job of two men. Should have scored.

Arteta was anonymous for about 75mins of the play. Wasted a lot of possession in good areas.

Osman looked very busy and found lots of space playing behind the striker but didnt make the most of his opportunities and was lost when he went wide.

Barkley was again the bright spark in our play the first half, but his head seemed to dissapear in the 2nd. The lazy pass and then the penalty could have cost us and he was getting skinned to easily. Moyes was right in my eyes to take him off.

Vic looked like he was trying but bar one good pass he was shite. Samba had his measure so comfortably that it makes you wonder why he didnt try and play off Givet instead? Too easy to go down and too easy to moan and whine.

Cahill showed a good attitude when he came on and troubled Samba but didnt contribute. Moyes HAS to stop playing him as a striker apart form at the end to graba late goal.

Bily was unbelievably poor. Im not sure any of his passes found a team mate.

Beckford was brought on way too late and didnt have any chance to do anything. Wasted.

Moyes was the biggest fuck up of the day though. Pathetic starting 11, many out of position or out of form, a complete lack of tactical nous to get us creating chances, pathetic substitions when he had the chance to change the game. He simply doesnt learn and doesnt seem to trust his players.

I actually didnt cheer when we scored our goal because it was so fucking embarrassing. Blackburn (who again were poor) could have scored 4-5 and it wouldnt have been harsh on us.

Fucking disgraceful performance. right up there in the worst performance I has ever seen by Everton. The only way we could have scored today was with a penalty as we very rarely threatened.

Moyes really can fuck off now. He doesnt have a clue and Jags can fuck off with him if he doesnt buck his ideas up as he was shambolic at times.

Only two players come out of that well and that is Howard and Baines. Comfortably our best players, with Barkley and Osman getting mentions for their 1st half displays.

Howard as mentioned easily Motm. Some cracking saves, especially the one from the spot.

Neville was poor again. Nothing going forward, shaky at the back. No leadership under the cosh either, in fact he got worse.

Jags made a lot of mistakes, but in his defence did some good work as well.

Distin was the same as Jags, and could have cost us goals if it wasnt for Howard or Jags covering.

Baines was ok at the back but great getting forward.

Heitinga was anonymous

Fellaini was putting in the work, but not getting much result wise although he did the job of two men. Should have scored.

Arteta was anonymous for about 75mins of the play. Wasted a lot of possession in good areas.

Osman looked very busy and found lots of space playing behind the striker but didnt make the most of his opportunities and was lost when he went wide.

Barkley was again the bright spark in our play the first half, but his head seemed to dissapear in the 2nd. The lazy pass and then the penalty could have cost us and he was getting skinned to easily. Moyes was right in my eyes to take him off.

Vic looked like he was trying but bar one good pass he was shite. Samba had his measure so comfortably that it makes you wonder why he didnt try and play off Givet instead? Too easy to go down and too easy to moan and whine.

Cahill showed a good attitude when he came on and troubled Samba but didnt contribute. Moyes HAS to stop playing him as a striker apart form at the end to graba late goal.

Bily was unbelievably poor. Im not sure any of his passes found a team mate.

Beckford was brought on way too late and didnt have any chance to do anything. Wasted.

Moyes was the biggest fuck up of the day though. Pathetic starting 11, many out of position or out of form, a complete lack of tactical nous to get us creating chances, pathetic substitions when he had the chance to change the game. He simply doesnt learn and doesnt seem to trust his players.

I actually didnt cheer when we scored our goal because it was so fucking embarrassing. Blackburn (who again were poor) could have scored 4-5 and it wouldnt have been harsh on us.

Err ok, seems strange

I know what he means HB.

We were poor. Blackburn deserved the win by a mile.

I'm delighted we got the 3 points, but no way would I clap that performance.

He wasnt talking about the performance, he was saying he didnt cheer the goal which i find strange in the extreme. An Everton goal is an Everton goal and even better when its going to be winning goal

For Halewood -

They are I know, all i said was that i disagree with most....I'll do mine but as you're so kindly making the point, they'll differ from yours and you won't agree anyway.

Howard - 8 - Kept us in it - Agree, although a 9 wouldn't be out of the question.

Neville - 4 - Noone deserves a 0, but you're right it will be low for Neville. Wasn't good defensively, but he got forward when he could. Touch not good either, which suprised me...and as a leader was poor. But he was on the pitch!?

Jag - 4 - Woeful again and cost us a silly pen - he did and as Marco pointed out in the game thread. 3 mistakes and nearly 3 goals, this is not good.

Distin - 5, Did well on the whole but caught the shit bug from his mates to the right - Agree

Baines - 7 - Did he put a decent ball in all day? - Yeah of course he did, problem was, there was no twonk on the end of it! Made two blinding runs and one resulted in a good save from Robinson.

Barkley - 6- Woeful but not having a go, i dont expect him to be brilliant every game - You gave him a 2? What rating scale are you going off?? In the first half, he was the only one trying hard to play the ball to others and making runs forward. A 2 is ludacris.

Fellaini - 6 - Kept going and was one of the few who looked to put his foot on ball - He did, but was also sloppy in possesion. Won us the penalty, which surely gets him a point at least.

Heitinga - 5 - HE ISNT a midfielder, stop playing him there - Agreed. But he tried to get into the game and put his foot in where others didn't.

Ossie - 6 - Apparently he was playing - First half, was productive and was the only one bar Barkley to go forward or play the ball to feet (our most threating situations)

Arteta - 4, Purely for his pen - shouldn't cover the fact that he disapeared during the whole second half. Didn't do much in the first either. He needs to stop with free-kicks and set peices.

Anichebe - 4 - Kept going under the huge task of getting past Samba and came into the game more 2nd - Exactly but not his fault. Hoof ball too him was pointless and noone played it to his feet in the second half, hence coming onto the wings. I wish he'd stop fucking falling over!!!

Subs

Cahill - 6, Did what Cahill does, hassled opponents and pushed the game back towards our favour - Agreed.

Becks - 2 - Hardly touched the ball - Agreed.

Bilya - 5, Felt at least showed a willingness to try something different and put his foot on the ball, similar but not as much as Cahill he changed the game slightly - ALso add the fact he tried to play it into feet, made good spaces around him but the recipients of the balls he played were terrible.

For Halewood -

They are I know, all i said was that i disagree with most....I'll do mine but as you're so kindly making the point, they'll differ from yours and you won't agree anyway.

Neville - 4 - Noone deserves a 0, but you're right it will be low for Neville. Wasn't good defensively, but he got forward when he could. Touch not good either, which suprised me...and as a leader was poor. But he was on the pitch!?

Baines - 7 - Did he put a decent ball in all day? - Yeah of course he did, problem was, there was no twonk on the end of it! Made two blinding runs and one resulted in a good save from Robinson.

Barkley - 6- Woeful but not having a go, i dont expect him to be brilliant every game - You gave him a 2? What rating scale are you going off?? In the first half, he was the only one trying hard to play the ball to others and making runs forward. A 2 is ludacris.

Ossie - 6 - Apparently he was playing - First half, was productive and was the only one bar Barkley to go forward or play the ball to feet (our most threating situations)

A 7 for Baines? Fucking hell has your sample from Crabbies already come mate? He was shocking defensively, everything came down that side for Blackburn and i didnt recall Samba signing for us, this must be the case as he hit him with his crosses every time so would explain your high rating

Yeh 2 for Barkley, he had a mare and give away a pen. Cant recall a single good piece of play from him.

Ossie a 6? Seriously, omg

Today's match report

We couldn't hit a barn door,

With the team put out today.

What were you thinking Mr Moyes,

D'ya call that a display?

Our strategy was pitiful,

You didn't get it right,

Call it what you want Bill,

But our team were flipping shite.

Hibbo sitting on the bench,

While Nev was on the pitch,

Chebes in Sambas pocket,

Must have made his bollocks itch.

Johnny H was out of place,

And Jags nowhere in sight,

I think you'll find the ref was blind,

Cos our team were flipping shite.

Fellaini was as useful,

As a ball of cotton wool,

If he's worth 15 million,

Then the other you can pull,

If it wasn't for Tim Howard,

We'd have been out like a light,

Young Barkley lad, go tell yer dad,

Our team were flipping shite.

If Osman had been taller,

He'd have maybe made us proud,

If Bily hadn't found the stand,

And Cahills goal allowed ,

If Beckford was on earlier,

Instead of end of night,

We won, we roared, Arteta scored,

Poor Blackburn must be seething,

As they gather up their men.

We're really very lucky,

That not one can take a pen.

So what of next week Davey,

And our Aston Villa plight,

It's time to get your finger out,

For our team were flipping shite.

COYB - or was it yellows? doh.gif

That's pretty much all I'll need to read in this thread!

I know lets dominate, play some nice football and lose!? All that matters today is we got 3 points - 3 points against a team who needed a performance as they'd lost their first 2 so were more than likely fired up for this one.

3 points - we've got something to build on. Fuck the performance - I seem to remember playing dreadful a few times in the 2004-05 season and winning - where did that get us?

For me the result is a strong foundation to build on after the international break... this will be a distant memory as we set-up against Villa, it'll just be 3 points from 2 games.

People need to remember we dominated Blackburn and played some good football at the beginning of last season - I know which result I'm happier with...

Oh and Liverpoo are playing really well and winning 3-0... Moyes out and sell Jags!!! - BORE OFF!!!!

Haha i only saw the first half. Had promised my wife and baby daughter a restaurant visit and missed the second half. Seems like alot happened. 3 pens!?! And one for Everton? This early in the season? Ok not deserved by your accounts but id rather take 3 points and shit play over good play and no points... Any day.

Remember that we played quite well last season (apart from a few disgraceful performances) and got 3 wins in 17 starts. keep these stats up and we will have 3 wins in 6 games. Its all about the points in the end.

I agree, not celebrating a goal sounds weird. Deserved or not.

Today's match report

We couldn't hit a barn door,

With the team put out today.

What were you thinking Mr Moyes,

D'ya call that a display?

Our strategy was pitiful,

You didn't get it right,

Call it what you want Bill,

Hibbo sitting on the bench,

While Nev was on the pitch,

Chebes in Sambas pocket,

Must have made his bollocks itch.

Johnny H was out of place,

And Jags nowhere in sight,

I think you'll find the ref was blind,

Cos our team were flipping shite.

Fellaini was as useful,

As a ball of cotton wool,

If he's worth 15 million,

Then the other you can pull,

If it wasn't for Tim Howard,

We'd have been out like a light,

Young Barkley lad, go tell yer dad,

Our team were flipping shite.

If Osman had been taller,

He'd have maybe made us proud,

If Bily hadn't found the stand,

And Cahills goal allowed ,

If Beckford was on earlier,

Instead of end of night,

We won, we roared, Arteta scored,

Poor Blackburn must be seething,

As they gather up their men.

We're really very lucky,

That not one can take a pen.

So what of next week Davey,

And our Aston Villa plight,

It's time to get your finger out,

For our team were flipping shite.

COYB - or was it yellows? doh.gif

Who moved my Ode to Moyes? laugh.png

Having just got back home and in the stupor of copious amounts of beverage........my take is, we were awful and got away with the ultimate smash and grab. I could play monopoly for the rest of my life and never have as many 'get out of jail cards'. Whilst I will relish the win, I won't go overboard.

What an awful, awful game of football that was to watch.

The fluidity and balance to our midfield that had been evident on Wednesday was nowhere to be found. Why was that? IMO, David Moyes and his team selection. I'm sorry but Heitinga in midfield is totally wrong and Wednesday should have told Moyes that once and for all. But no, Mr. Stubborn Arse persists with it. Plus, our defence, once again, looked incredibly leaky so something obviously needs to change back there. Get Heitinga back there and let Jagielka stew on the bench because he's been so error prone it's unbelievable. One mistake is forgivable but 3 massive mistakes should be punished. Cahill was benched today and it did him good, when he came on he looked hungry and like he wanted to show Moyes he was wrong. That's how it should be.

Some (most) of our football was embarrassing and painful to watch because it was so slow and pedestrian (same old, same old). We couldn't make two successful passes in a row. Passing to your own man is a basic of the game and these players are paid tens of thousands of pounds a week so you'd expect them to be able to do that at least. And when we did have the ball the players looked utterly clueless about what to do with it, and the players without the ball all stood around doing fuck all or getting in the way of the man with the ball. Groundhog Day.

Thank you Tim Howard, without him we could have been on the end of a 3 or 4 nil loss tbh.

I hope the players, and manager, don't see this as some great victory but see it as the lucky escape that it was. The 3 points are valuable but it just papers over the cracks for me, you'll lose far more games than you'll win playing that shite.

Howard - Other than one occasion when he really should have shouted for Jags to let the ball run back to him he was ontop of his game and commanding. He punched numerous high balls clear from our box when he was under pressure, made quality saves at point blank range, and saved a penalty as well. You couldn't have asked for more from him, especially when he had a shite defence infront of him. My MOTM.

Neville - He showed absolutely nothing to suggest that he deserved to be returned to the starting 11. Crap defensively (which is becoming a regular occurrence) and barely offered anything going forward. He was lazy as well; he'd lose the ball and not even bother running back but would jog like he didn't have a care in the world. His supposed leadership qualities were non-existent too. I don't care if he's the captain, your place has to be earned and he's not earning it.

Jagielka - All over the place. That's three games and three monumental fuck ups now, but this time it didn't cost us a goal. His looks elsewhere to me. He looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights atm, not the experienced defender he is. He's easily dragged out of position, easily panicked, he's making silly decisions... He deserves and dropping and being dropped might just be the kick up the backside he needs.

Distin - He was our best defender but he had lots of hairy moments as well.

Baines - As with the rest of the defence he was poor defensively. But again, he didn't manage to make up for it with his attacking play IMO. Yeah he got forward as much as usual but his crossing was off again.

Barkley - I thought he looked very tired from the get go, and that drastically impacted on his performance. He was sloppy with the ball and Blackburn players got round him easily when they took him on. And he gave away a penalty to top it all off. Im not going to get on his back though because he's still finding his feet at this level and I'm glad he's still trying to make things happen even though he messed up with the ball today.

Heitinga - He was just chasing shadows for most of the game as he usually does when he plays in midfield. He just follows the ball so he gets dragged all over the pitch without actually getting near the ball. Get him out of midfield.

Fellaini - I thought he had an extremely poor game. He was clumsy and he gave the ball away far too many times for my liking. He's usually composed when in possession but he was anything but today. Where on Wednesday he made up for his mistakes by working hard I thought he was very lazy today.

Arteta - Scored the vital penalty but his overall performance was very meh tbh. He was responsible for most of our slow play IMO. Playing two defensive midfielders means he has to be the one who takes control of the creativity, he has to make us tick because everything has got to go through him. But he just wants to pass the buck, and usually sideways or backwards. He just wasn't good enough, he doesn't create anything.

Osman - He tried hard but ultimately didn't really impact on the game. That would be a bit difficult to do when you've got high balls launched at you and Samba is in their defence though.

Anichebe - I felt a bit sorry for him with the 'service' we supplied him with. You can't polish a turd and all that.