IGNORED

Valente V Beckham

Agree with playing Lennon, but only from the start of the second half when Valente is wilting, he will give away free kicks galore.

Beckhams free kicks from that area of the pitch would cause all kinds of problems.

Can't see us losing this one boys (and girls).

ATB

Mac

Edited by Mac 1970

tbh valente is portugals weak link at the back, im only repeating what was said on tv btw, they showed a video of valentes mistakes during this world cup and i think beckham can easily get the better of valente but i think lennon should play

Mac......................".Can't see us losing this one boys (and girls)."

Going by your previous tipping record Mac, i'll go for Portugal. :D:D:D

Not really...................England I-0 Portugal...............90 Mins. ;)

Lennon does not have the experience to deal with a player like that, and cannot strike a match winning dead ball. What a stupid post.

34221[/snapback]

Its a forum, for opinions Heh, what a stupid post you have just made

And then you wonder why people get on your case, you come onto our forum and then have the audacity to have a go at a very reasonable post.

I think the suggestion is daft and said so. Beckham just won the last game for Engurland and is captain and has a wealth of experience which Lennon doesn`t have. Dropping DB would be stupid.............that`s why! Easy really

I think the suggestion is daft and said so. Beckham just won the last game for Engurland and is captain and has a wealth of experience which Lennon doesn`t have. Dropping DB would be stupid.............that`s why! Easy really

34232[/snapback]

Beckham has been poor throughout mate, he scored a vital goal yes, but he has been awful. I would start with beckham but as someone else said why not bring lennon on at half time, fig experience IMO he has been our best player so far and hes only played in a total about 20 minutes!! He would have the beating of valente for pace and we could even drop Beckham inside if hes playing well and take lampard of for example

(What i was sayin before lad was that dont just dismay a post as 'stupid', it was a question worth answering, if you disagree then fair enough but don't just come out with that eh :) )

:D

Beckham has been poor throughout mate, he scored a vital goal yes, but he has been awful. I would start with beckham but as someone else said why not bring lennon on at half time, fig experience IMO he has been our best player so far and hes only played in a total about 20 minutes!! He would have the beating of valente for pace and we could even drop Beckham inside if hes playing well and take lampard of for example

(What i was sayin before lad was that dont just dismay a post as 'stupid', it was a question worth answering, if you disagree then fair enough but don't just come out with that eh :) )

34235[/snapback]

:D AGREE, LETS PLAY NICE LADS :P:lol:

I see no problem playing Lennon and Beckham, with Beckham coming inside to replace Lamps (well said Ian), who still has not delivered a half decent shot on target.

Excuse the cliche, this will be a game of two halves, and as long as Sven listens to all his coaching team, this should be a good victory.

ATB

Mac

I would like to see becks replacing lamps then lennon RM but it wont happen, this is wat i THINK the team will be:

------------Robinson-------------

Hargreves------Rio------JT------A.cole

--------Carrick---------

Becham-------Lampard------Gerrard-------J.cole

---------Rooney------------

This is the team i would WANT to play

------------Robinson-------------

Neville------Rio---------JT--------Cole

Lennon---Becks---Lampard---Gerrard---Cole

----Rooney----

realy hes only in the England team for his passing ability

34888[/snapback]

And seeing as he is one of the top 5 passers of a ball in the world, I would say that is the one and only reason to have him in the team.

ATB

Mac

I am now following my adopted nation of Brazil and also watching Wimbledon Englishness has gone out of the window so that we 'British' can claim Andy Murray as one of our own and cheer him when he is winning the tennis. Until he plays Rodger 'The Machine' Federer tho :(

Edited by L_Blue