IGNORED

Save Kettering Town FC

Thank you in advance for reading this.

SAVE THE POPPIES

Kettering Town FC (the Poppies) was formed in 1872. We are a proud member of the Blue Square Premier and are one of the most successful and famous non league sides, well known for our giant killing exploits in the FA Cup. Kettering Town are actually the leading FA Cup goal scorers in history, had the first sponsorship upon our shirts and the first team to have their initials in their floodlights.

We have been managed by Tommy Lawton, Ron Atkinson, Derek Dougan, Gary Johnson, Carl Shutt, Paul Gascoigne and Mark Cooper.

England International, Jack Froggatt was both a Kettering player and manager. Dave Watson, another England International played for us.

Keith Alexander, Richard Butcher, Zema Abbey, Cohen Griffith and Billy Kellock are other notable players who have featured for us.

This club now needs to raise £40,000 by the end of February otherwise it could cease to exist. Imagine your club being in this position, imagine having no football to watch on a Saturday. We are obviously desperate for our club to survive. This club cannot be allowed to die.

Please help the Poppies to stay in bloom.

Donations are welcome via Paypal using the address savektfc@poppiestrust.co.uk, or by cheque made payable to Kettering Town (Poppies) Supporters Trust, to PO Box 6492, Kettering, NN16 0YT.

Thank you.

Edited by thepoppies

Thank you in advance for reading this.

SAVE THE POPPIES

Kettering Town FC (the Poppies) was formed in 1872. We are a proud member of the Blue Square Premier and are one of the most successful and famous non league sides, well known for our giant killing exploits in the FA Cup. Kettering Town are actually the leading FA Cup goal scorers in history, had the first sponsorship upon our shirts and the first team to have their initials in their floodlights.

We have been managed by Tommy Lawton, Ron Atkinson, Derek Dougan, Gary Johnson, Carl Shutt, Paul Gascoigne and Mark Cooper.

England International, Jack Froggatt was both a Kettering player and manager. Dave Watson, another England International played for us. Keith Alexander, Richard Butcher, Zema Abbey, Cohen Griffith and Billy Kellock are other notable players who have featured for us.

This club now needs to raise £40,000 by the end of February otherwise it could cease to exist. Imagine your club being in this position, imagine having no football to watch on a Saturday. We are obviously desperate for our club to survive. This club cannot be allowed to die.

Please help the Poppies to stay in bloom.

Donations are welcome via Paypal using the address savektfc@poppiestrust.co.uk, or by cheque made payable to Kettering Town (Poppies) Supporters Trust, to PO Box 6492, Kettering, NN16 0YT.

www.poppiestrust.com

Edited by thepoppies

How many more teams are going to go down the pan like this? It's terrible that so many clubs from our nation are in danger of going under because in the end it will harm us as football supporters. I wish you all the best in sustaining yourselves as a proffessional football club and I hope to see you back in the football league soon.

On the same topic does anyone know what happened to Darlington? I heard that they were close to going ka-put.

So many teams are going through it, or have been through it, If you take look at the conference League at least half the clubs where once established league clubs, and Darlington are going through it again ........

Click to enlarge

Edited by Bill

It's strange to see the likes of Stockport, Lincoln and Cambridge doing so badly because when I was younger they had their sights on getting into the (old) Division 1 and maybe even pushing onto the Premier League in future years. Sadly administration has hit a lot of the teams in the Conferance and I have a lot of empathy for the supporters who see their beloved clubs going down the pan.

Didn't Luton start the season with something like a 30-point deduction for going into administration over the summer? (Maybe that's just be and my imagination).

What really fucks me off is they need an amount of £40,000 to save themselves, a fortune to you and me and a huge slice of money but when you read clubs paying players like three times that a week for one measly game, or pricks like Andrew Carroll warranting a £30,000,000 transfer fee you look at things from a different perspective, sometimes when you look at it from some angles £40,000 can seem like a drop in the ocean in todays soccer climate, particularly with the more illustrious outfits or 'plastics' even

I'm seriouisly thinking about making a donation here, every pound will count in the long run if they can make it in time, no-one wants to see any club go out of business (well almost any club) and this is a prime example, I don't know much about Kettering but remember them in the old 4th division a few years ago I'm sure of it, I hope they can rise above this adversity and put themselves in a healthy position once more. I can only hope if I do decide to provide a donation and I'm seriously contemplating it on the basis of this that others will join in around the country and we can make a difference

I'm adamant that they were of football league status i.e. Division Four possibly 1970s, 1980s, I'm not going to wade through statistics to verify but I stand by my thinking

Wading would be wasting your time (although it'd only take you a moment so not much more than dipping your toe really) because (as I said) Kettering have never played in the football league.

You being adamant doesn't change historylaugh.png .

As heartless as it sounds, there needs to be a cull.

Personally, I think the requirement for players to be professional should be removed from Leagues below the Championship. Currently in League One and Two the requirement is mandatory which in my opinion leads to problems.

As heartless as it sounds, there needs to be a cull.

Personally, I think the requirement for players to be professional should be removed from Leagues below the Championship. Currently in League One and Two the requirement is mandatory which in my opinion leads to problems.

Who sets this in stone Louis? Is it the football league or the F.A? Does Seria A and La Liga have a ''Top three'' pro only rule? I think the Germans do.