IGNORED

Next Season

adziom

Just looking ahead to next season, after we've proved once again that we're capable of challenging for Europe if we turn up all season.

If we can maintain the current squad, ie. sign up Pienaar, Stracqualursi and Drenthe (for a total of around 5 million?), we could go into next season with a very solid squad, and reasonable depth:

Howard, Mucha, Hahnemann

Hibbert, Neville, Baines

Distin, Heitinga, Jagielka, Duffy

Fellaini, Gibson, Rodwell, Barkley, Cahill, Junior(?)

Osman, Pienaar, Drenthe, Gueye, Coleman

Jelavic, Stracqualursi, Anichebe, Vellios

Probably missed a couple of people out, but barring a bit of cover for Howard and Baines, there's no really significant weakness in that squad.

And who knows, if we can get fired up from the start of the season, which I think we can, we could make a very good go of it. It's hard to judge how high we could aim until we see what the likes of Newcastle, Liverpool and Tottenham do in the transfer market, but I think nearly all the ingredients are there to have a season long battle for the top 6, and depending how things go, even have a pop at the top 4?

Edited by adziom

still need a decent right back and left back and a cheap centre back and cartive midfirlder and a decent striker.

players i would like to see us sign hoilet, starq, royston, pennuts and pranjic all good players then we would have 5 new players we own not loan

still need a decent right back and left back and a cheap centre back and cartive midfirlder and a decent striker.

players i would like to see us sign hoilet, starq, royston, pennuts and pranjic all good players then we would have 5 new players we own not loan

RB shouldnt be a priority, Hibbert, Neville, Coleman, and Browning is stronger than most teams in the prem.

We have 3 established cb's and a very promising youngster also.

Wingers/side midfielders is our main weakness

Daves flawless argument aside, this thread is giving me deja vu. Every year for the past 4 seasons when we finish on a role, we look at signing a player we have on loan permanently, see that we have a solid squad (assuming no injuries), Moyes plays his youngsters in the preseason (who do well) only to be dropped when the season starts for senior players who havent got themselves 100% fit. This then results in us getting whooped by mediocre opposition, which knocks the confidence which takes til about December to find again and we end up going on a great run for the rest of the season, finishing in the top 4 if the league started in January........

Im with Romey, lets not get carried away and just hope that the ribbons on the FA Cup are ours. Will think about next season after that hangover abates....

Daves flawless argument aside, this thread is giving me deja vu. Every year for the past 4 seasons when we finish on a role, we look at signing a player we have on loan permanently, see that we have a solid squad (assuming no injuries), Moyes plays his youngsters in the preseason (who do well) only to be dropped when the season starts for senior players who havent got themselves 100% fit. This then results in us getting whooped by mediocre opposition, which knocks the confidence which takes til about December to find again and we end up going on a great run for the rest of the season, finishing in the top 4 if the league started in January........

Im with Romey, lets not get carried away and just hope that the ribbons on the FA Cup are ours. Will think about next season after that hangover abates....

I was about to say the same thing... Every year someone says this and the same thing happens so let us start the season well then we can think about how good we can be