IGNORED

FIFA 13

Matt

FIFA 13 Tactical Free Kicks provides the tools to create dangerous and unpredictable free kicks utilising the most skillful players on the pitch. Position up to three attacking players over the ball and utilise dummy runs and more passing options to create elaborate free kicks. Opponents can counter by adding or subtracting players to the wall, creeping the wall forward, or sending a bullet man to intercept the pass or block the shot.

That sounds boss to me^ I've always wanted something better for the free-kick system. I'm also happy that they are improving the Career Mode too because IMO it's playing second fiddle to the one over at Konami. Once again I'm excited for the next FIFA - bring it on!

Oh, and having Kinect with it sounds good too!

im not excited at all. 2012 was damn near impossible for a new comer to the game. Almost impossible to hold on to the ball because was instantly closed down and could never get near the opposition.

Never had a problem with that to be honest, just keep moving around in different directions (like you would in a real game) to keep the opposition at bay and defend with two defenders to win the ball back. I always find pushing their strikers out wide/into a hole easy making this one of the best games yet to come from FIFA. IMO they are stepping up each year, I just really want the Career Mode revamped because it's been really dull this year.

im not excited at all. 2012 was damn near impossible for a new comer to the game. Almost impossible to hold on to the ball because was instantly closed down and could never get near the opposition.

Completely agree. Hated 12. It alienated groups of mates who wanted a FIFA because only 2 had played it (eventually mastering it) therefor completely shitting on the others.

Resorted back to 11 all the time because 12 was dogwank.

If they can improve on the dynamics of 11 (and 10 even) and stop fucking around by altering the gameplay etc, then FIFA would be class. they seem to make changes for changes sake and since 10, they've gone rapidly down hill IMO.

Come on EA leave the fucking controls alone (from 11), update all that you need to (teams/players/stadiums/kits etc) and concentrate on rivalling the campaign/manager mode to FootyManager, you'd sell a ruck load more units if you did.

Bollocks to be a keeper and toss off a ref, we just want to play, semi realism and no dicking about with controlling where you want the friggin ball boy to stand.

I'm not one for computer games and all, last game I tried was some soccer variation and I was Argentina and got to the semi-finals of a tournament and never went back again, I had Messi as a player but don't think he even scored a goal, just lost interest etc. I can't remember the name of it but did have some fun here and there.

Guest Nikica

Completely agree. Hated 12. It alienated groups of mates who wanted a FIFA because only 2 had played it (eventually mastering it) therefor completely shitting on the others.

Resorted back to 11 all the time because 12 was dogwank.

If they can improve on the dynamics of 11 (and 10 even) and stop fucking around by altering the gameplay etc, then FIFA would be class. they seem to make changes for changes sake and since 10, they've gone rapidly down hill IMO.

Come on EA leave the fucking controls alone (from 11), update all that you need to (teams/players/stadiums/kits etc) and concentrate on rivalling the campaign/manager mode to FootyManager, you'd sell a ruck load more units if you did.

Bollocks to be a keeper and toss off a ref, we just want to play, semi realism and no dicking about with controlling where you want the friggin ball boy to stand.

Yeah, I see your point. It is always dangerous to have casual players, or guys who aren't used to a certain game go up against regulars. It just leads to inequality and a lack of competitiveness.

I started playing FIFA on PS3 with the World Cup game. I am pretty good, but not amazing or anything. I mostly play online and did make it into Division One of H2H Seasons on FIFA 12. I too am a possession player. The only time I struggle to hold onto the ball when being closed down is when the other guy has his custom tactics set to extremely high pressing, which really should not be allowed as it is impossible to keep the ball. I have had this problem with one guy regularly.

As for FIFA 13, apparently one of the big changes is to make the players more distinctive by having first touches which reflect their ability, so that Kyle Lafferty and Lionel Messi don't have the same instant touch, for example. I understand the desire to be realistic, but this will just ruin the game imo and make it unpredictable. What needs to be realised is that FIFA is a football GAME, and therefore it needs to be approached in a different manner to real football. Trying to make it ultra-realistic is a recipe for disaster. It is fun etc but it will never really come close to being a perfect representation of the real thing, so they should try and make it the best FOOTBALL GAME they can.

I was thinking perhaps we could set up a FIFA league after the Euros? If we can get 8 we could do a 14 games each league. What do you guys think?

Edited by Nikica

I'd be up for that Nikica, I'm by no means the best player at FIFA but I think I'm a little above average. I'm ranked 65,000th in the world rankings and have been in Division One for the past two seasons (it took me 33 seasons to get there) and won the league in my first stint with a record of 6-2-0. I've entered 8 cups too and won on 4 occassions (two Premier Cups and two of the Divsion 3/4 ones).

I'll be up for a game with anyone, I'm more of a possession man and will try to keep the ball for as long as I can to form an attack, I usually play a 5-4-1 formation too meaning that I'm harder to break down than most. I don't mind playing with a non-Jewish goal scenario too because I know that people get really annoyed with them.

Oh, and I'm on 360 so if this league is for PS only I'll have to pass.

Edited by Zoo

why shouldn't pressing tactics be allowed?

No idea, I think it should be allowed because once mastered it's a really effective tactic to use. I'm guessing that it annoys people because it means that they can't move around freely with the ball but just like with Jewish goals if it happens it football then it should happen in FIFA. Pressing tactics can easily be avoided by quick passing as it usually means that the back 4 have pushed up meaning a ball over the top is more easily to pull off.

All tactics have a weakness and pressing is no different.

Guest Nikica

Oh, and I'm on 360 so if this league is for PS only I'll have to pass.

Ahh, I am on PS3 mate. Shame.

why shouldn't pressing tactics be allowed?

I didn't say they shouldn't be allowed, I said extreme pressing tactics shouldn't be allowed. This one guy I am referring to has his players running around like Barca on speed - it's impossible to keep the ball. It removes the skill factor as any cunt can set the sliders to extremely high pressing. I don't mind being pressed but this guy is ridiculous. Other people have said he isn't that good either - just uses cheap tactics.

Guest Nikica

find a way to beat them tactics then

I can't be bothered fine-tuning every single thing. I prefer to think about tactics in real football, not games. I don't go much beyond setting my line-up and formation on FIFA. Cba setting all those custom tactics.

Guest Nikica

stop complainin then wink.png

I could set custom pressing to extremely high like this guy does but it would feel cheap. Perhaps he is an isolated case because I have never had the problem with anyone else really.

Having Children would only make you more involved for most..

I suppose this is all a bit like soccer shirts really, is there really an age limit or what people see acceptable ?

I'm 0lder than 25 by some distance (not in terms of Neptune), and do admittedly or have had a go very briefly here and there, there is a PS2 around, but these things are very few and far between , it is above all else, just outgrowing such a thing. I wish we had of had these forum things about 25 or 30 years ago when I was more involved and talked about the games of the time, but back then the releases were so fundamental in that they were awful at least by todays standards, but at the time, as much pleasure as some get from today for sure.

Here's what I was playing about 1980/81, something like that, and it was actually quite fun at the time believe it or not.

It's the same as people who play cards or dominos. It's a form or entertainment, age is not relevant to it at all. Things you do at any point in life you can carry on doing. I'm 28, and I'm very excited about the future of gaming, and the way we will be playing them in five years.