IGNORED

The 20-year table

saw this on twitter before. Dont care that we have the most defeats - its partly due to the fact that were one of the teams who have played the most games. Main point is - were still there and performing.

Considering the 90s, -5 isnt too bad at all....

Edited by Matt

Quick calculation...

566 points in the last ten seasons as opposed to 468 in the first ten (despite playing twelve extra games due to the league being bigger for the first three).

Plus 83 goal difference over the last six seasons.

That's a real surprising statistic for me, although as said we are one of a select few that have been ever presents since the inauguration of the EPL in 1992

The 1990s were a bad time for all involved, there was the good finish in 1995/1996 and 1990/1991 wasn't too bad under Harvey/Kendall if I can think back but it was largely an embarrassment for me from what I can remember, two last day escapes when the club could easily have been relegated, goddamn awful league seasons for the most part (1992-2002), so it's maybe no surprise we find ourselves where we are, but Moyes deserves plaudits for the work he has done in the league after taking over in early 2002.

I'd rather concentrate on the fact only Arsenal have been ever presents in the top flight longer than us (1954-) and we have all said spent longer as a top flight side than anyone else. That's something to be proud of and no mistake - pay attention red shites ; - )

I realized that some time soon after, but didn't give it anymore thought (1990/91)

We did win the one trophy, last trophy, in the 1990s, but for sure the decade as a whole was disappointing, also near misses in 1995 and 1997 from what I can remember, Kendall came back not only once, but again in 1997 for an ill advised third time and it was all pretty dire, I don't remember much to shout about at all in the league in the 1990s apart from the obvious derby wins, and one or two standout results against Arsenal and Manchester United, end of season 1995/96 had it's moments too I remember.

People will remember for time to come the club's endeavors in the 21st century than the immediate time before it.