IGNORED

Jagielka spells it out

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jHjHvD40cUHen038i4gT3-d6NU5w?docId=N0071721338762129455A

He said: "Unfortunately, with the way the club is, if somebody comes in with a £20million-plus offer, the chances are he's going to be sold. We love Felli and we'd love him to stay. There's not been that much transfer talk but we know the situation we're in."

Sadly everybody and everything has it's price, Jags talking about it doesn't really change anything.His mistake was saying £20million plus would possibly get things moving, he should have laid the foundation at around the £30million mark.

Every team is a selling team, if the price is righ

It's one of the worst kept secrets in football that Everton are skint, and so we move on with what we've got.dont know.gif

He can go to arsenal for ten million after that load of shite, why do we look so thick in terms of what our manager and players say to the media fellaini is about as important to us now as gerrard has been for liverpool for years, we have other players we can get rid of if not only that arteta wasnt replaced so that ten million will have went strait to the bank. ffs why do we crumble under the pressure of finding a few million for debt every year and look to sell our biggest assets to keep the banks happy its pisses me right off, same with pienaar instead of playing him what he wanted before spurs come in no we wait and try to get the player to take less money if no one is interested they would have had to give us alot more than 2 million or whatever it was, same with distin whos telling me he doesnt deserve a 2 year contract he's got a good few years in him yet we try and cover arselves thats no football club its just about money as everything is now.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Guest blueboy122

He should have just said that the club couldnt put a valuation an a player like Felliani because he is so important and he would value him at £100 million. £20 Million would represent a £5 million profit which isnt good enough.

He should have just said that the club couldnt put a valuation an a player like Felliani because he is so important and he would value him at £100 million. £20 Million would represent a £5 million profit which isnt good enough.

Daft thing to say but he doesn't speak for the club....so best ignored.

No potential buyers will suddenly think...

"Look at the value Jags has put on him! Let's make a bid!"

Guest blueboy122

Daft thing to say but he doesn't speak for the club....so best ignored.

No potential buyers will suddenly think...

"Look at the value Jags has put on him! Let's make a bid!"

Yeah of course they wont, but it doesnt help that he is saying such things about a player who we should be looking to sell for alot more than £20 million. Its the fact that he right which is a concern, clubs may just throw in a bid of £20 million now and see what happens. In theory at any other club the bid would be dismissed hands down but because of our situation it will be seriously considered and jags knows that. He has sort of set a bench mark where clubs would look to haggle around if you see what I am saying maybe if he said he is invaluable to the team and he personally wouldnt sell for £100 million then clubs would up there bench mark bids to maybe £30 million. Its just a negative comment in my opinion rather than a positive one which I have stated about him being invaluable.

He is right which makes it difficult to comprehend.

Jagielka's comments on Fellaini effect his 'brand value' in the media but not necessarily the asking price. Essentially, if Fellaini's value is talked up by players and printed in the media, a wider audience will slowly expect to see him be sold for a lot more.

• 6 months later...