IGNORED

Goal Line Technology

I would like to see a review of incidents even when a player was cautioned by the ref - a harsher penalty/suspension on review even if a yellow was given for example.

Same here. It's ridiculous that no retrospective action can be taken if the ref has dealt with it. The protection that ref's get is far too much.

Hard to implement for that sort of thing, because it can be subjective. A snap decision by a video ref might not take into account other evidence? The player might want to plead the case? I'm in no way defending the bite incident, just thinking of other incidents and how it may affect the game.

In AFL here we have a tribunal of football peers who review every match for these particular sorts of incidents and deal out penalties/bans/suspensions. Also if a player has had any such penalties during the season they are excluded from winning the end of season best & fairness award, even if they end up with the most votes overall.

not at all, considering the amount of cameras around the place. Treat it like in tennis; 3 challenges that the captain / manager can make to the ref. If the challenge is correct, 3 remain. If not, dismiss and continue with play, 2 challenges remaining. 4th official has a tablet with the replays at his disposal and helps out the ref. It really is that simple.

This AFL panel would be a great idea too, and Ive mentioned it in the past. Players will think twice thinking they can get away with something if they know everything will be reviewed again and they will get caught (as opposed to now, where they might get caught and only have the ref with a 1 time view to make a snap decision)

not at all, considering the amount of cameras around the place. Treat it like in tennis; 3 challenges that the captain / manager can make to the ref. If the challenge is correct, 3 remain. If not, dismiss and continue with play, 2 challenges remaining. 4th official has a tablet with the replays at his disposal and helps out the ref. It really is that simple.

I think that might slow the game down though... you know... break the flow of a game. Like in rugby, or cricket... there's a pause while everyone's waiting for a video ref decision. I don't see that happening in football. Plus I'm thinking teams might use it to eat up time, or stop an opposing team's momentum.

I think that might slow the game down though... you know... break the flow of a game. Like in rugby, or cricket... there's a pause while everyone's waiting for a video ref decision. I don't see that happening in football. Plus I'm thinking teams might use it to eat up time, or stop an opposing team's momentum.

the pause is max 2-3 minutes and it actually (at lease in my opinion) builds anticipation.