IGNORED

Gunman kills 12 (confirmed) at Batman DKR screening

Lowensda

I don't know about that, I've been largely successful in keeping my emotions in check, i.e. no dead bodies thus far or on trail awaiting sentance for my actions. By god, it's hard sometimes, but am aware at all times, the difference between right and wrong. You do that, and you'll be alright most of the time. Not so easy to get hold of firearms in the UK also, not as readily available as back home, but It's something I hope I never have to do.

Schizophrenics? Dementia patients? Stress for crying out loud! Theres a whole host of mental illnesses that mean a person snaps, whether they know it or not. Im pretty sure this isnt the case this time round but it certainly happens.

Stress isn't so much a mental illness. It's an Intrinsic part of any individuals demeanor, even the most benign individuals you could imagine could be susceptible to it on any given day. I worry about everything and nothing it seems sometimes, not doing my long term health any favors, but I'm not alone with regards to that. Back to the Denver incident, and it seems the kid in question, merely had some personal issues rather than genuine anger, but we can't change what occured, still no decision on an execution last I heard. Said it before, that's not really the answer to a solution.

Stress isn't so much a mental illness. It's an Intrinsic part of any individuals demeanor, even the most benign individuals you could imagine could be susceptible to it on any given day. I worry about everything and nothing it seems sometimes, not doing my long term health any favors, but I'm not alone with regards to that. Back to the Denver incident, and it seems the kid in question, merely had some personal issues rather than genuine anger, but we can't change what occured, still no decision on an execution last I heard. Said it before, that's not really the answer to a solution.

Stress is very much a mental condition, though I agree not an illness.

I hate the phrase personal issues, far too vague and too often used as an excuse...

• 2 weeks later...

No point in creating a new thread so this seems a suitable place

Today was the 25th anniversary of the Michael Ryan shootings in Hungerford August 19 1987

I remember the incident well enough, some will be too young to remember, gun laws in the United Kingdom were given a thorough overhaul after the incident.

RIP to the 16 people who lost their lives today in 1987

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-19208380

Here's another account of the day in question. Ryan took his own life at 6-50pm that day, ten minutes from now. No-one really knows what caused the incident that day in his head. It's just something you never would have expected to happen here at time of incident. Still doesn't feel like 25 years have passed since that day.

http://www.murderuk.com/mass_micheal_ryan.html

• 3 weeks later...

Must have missed that one.

The BBC put on last night, the movie 'Things to do in Denver when you're dead', I did question it, when I first saw the listings for the day. It's only been a few weeks since the Denver shootings and they put on that for people to watch, it was a bit too unsavory for me. They could have at least waited until nearer the end of year to put it on. Fucking Idiots maybe. Too soon after the event all said. Somebody wasn't thinking for what to put on.