IGNORED

league cup draw

tolne

Thought the League Cup just goes to extra-time and penalties if needed?

It does, only the FA Cup has replays.

People have been saying above that we don't have a good record against Leeds at Elland Road but that was when they were in the Premier League, now they are in the lower divisions I see no reason why we can't beat them, it won't be easy but it's no impossible task.

There won't be a replay, it has to be decided on the night, been that way in the League Cup for the best part of 20 years.

Considering our record at Elland Road is abysmal I have a feeling of trepidation about this, even if they are a lower league side now. Their crowd will be up for it. Moyes needs to pick again a strong side and with the players available, hopefully should be enough. Not the draw I would have wanted for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

There won't be a replay, it has to be decided on the night, been that way in the League Cup for the best part of 20 years.

Considering our record at Elland Road is abysmal I have a feeling of trepidation about this, even if they are a lower league side now. Their crowd will be up for it. Moyes needs to pick again a strong side and with the players available, hopefully should be enough. Not the draw I would have wanted for sure.

Leeds here. Afraid the crowd will not be up for it, thousands are boycotting Elland Road each game, because of one man.. Mr Bates. Our average attendance is thousands down from when we were in league 1. For many fans this is the lowest point in our history and can not see progress until Ken fucks off. The fact we only got 32k for scum at home last year says it all. Despite you lot bringing 5k doubt it will be above 30k. East stand Upper is staying closed, so all that will await you is empty seats and 25k apathetic Leeds.

Now if Bates somehow leaves and this takeover goes through in the next couple of weeks, then thats a completely different scenario.

I still think the venue will work in your favor. The stadium has a capacity almost as big as Goodison, and just think if that was filled to capacity, and what it could do for the players, but seems highly unlikely, some fans don't even take this competition seriously anymore. Feel sorry for the fans with Ken Bates in control, the man was a loon when in charge at Chelsea so you have my sympathy. Hope you can get rid of whenever possible. I think this will be a difficult test for both clubs, anything could happen.

Incidentally, I read on a rival site yesterday that they did a survey, and Leeds United biggest rivals are............. Watford ?

How the fuck does that work out.

I still think the venue will work in your favor. The stadium has a capacity almost as big as Goodison, and just think if that was filled to capacity, and what it could do for the players, but seems highly unlikely, some fans don't even take this competition seriously anymore. Feel sorry for the fans with Ken Bates in control, the man was a loon when in charge at Chelsea so you have my sympathy. Hope you can get rid of whenever possible. I think this will be a difficult test for both clubs, anything could happen.

Incidentally, I read on a rival site yesterday that they did a survey, and Leeds United biggest rivals are............. Watford ?

How the fuck does that work out.

On our day Elland Road can be a hate filled wall of noise, one of a only a few clubs (Everton included) which have two ends behind each goal creating as much noise as each other, which has an impact on rest of stadium. The problem being when you come it wont be like that. On our online stadium plan you can see how many tickets have been bought, theyve been on sale to members for a week and went on general sale yesterday..we've sold next to nothing. I know fuckin shit loads of season ticket holders who arent bothering. This will be th case until Bates goes. We've heard from our trust today that the takeover is a step closer to completion, but with that old cunt in charge i wont believe anything til its confirmed.

Shame really, this fixture shouldve had the makings of a good tie. With 5,000 of your lot coming couldve been tasty, no doubt some of our lads will turn out but nothing like it shouldve been.

In regards to the watford thing it was some shitty poll from a small sample, asked who they considered their 3 main rivals. For some reason Watford put us as their number 1. We had Scum, Chelsea and Millwall.