IGNORED

FIFA 13 thread

GoodisonRoad

FIFA 13 for £35 and Football manager 2013 for £30 on Greenman gaming if anyone is interested, i've just ordered FIFA 13 tongue.png would have got Football manager as well, but its PC download sad.png

http://www.greenmangaming.com/

Football manager 2013 available for £19.50 !!!! with this code..... GMGFM-C7BEY-U0PMY

Edited by GoodisonRoad

I played the demo of Fifa 13 and wasn't sure if I liked it. Maybe I'm just too used to Fifa 12, I remember thinking the same when Fifa 12 came out and insisted I would keep playing Fifa 11. Let me know how it goes.. I'll be waiting til Christmas/Birthday to hope someone gets it for me happy.png

You guys that have bought it, what are your thoughts (a week on)?

I've been reading a few comments online and a fair few of them are describing trouble with in game 'bugs'. Is this true?

11 had its fair share of bugs, which was annoying but i'm getting the impression that there's even more, in the latest addition.

I didn't buy 12 because of the shoddy defending (and the justification of spending £40 on updated squads) but i'm tempted to buy 13 to get a bit more "up to date".

Can you guys give me your opinions on whether it's worth getting or not? Always be aware, I am a strictly 'offline' gamer, so all the online bollox (Ultimate Team crap) is no good to me. I'm talking Manager/Season modes etc.

Thanks,

ten.

In my opinion, the game has taken a big step forward in the realism in the way players move, shoot etc, but still some things like the touch for certain players seriously makes you wonder who it was who made the game, and pace seems to be non existant at times, for example i have a guy with 90 pace upfront for my UT and one on one sometimes he can be outpaced by the likes of Mertersacker who is something ridiculous like 30 pace or something, i dont mind it if the defender is infront of him and can muscle him out, thats fine by me, but if they're starting running from the same place, there should be no contest, thats a big bug bear for me (you'll also notice it on career mode). Its hard to describe the realism aspects but its little things like the way players pass the ball in certain situations, and the Volleys are much more realistic as is the slide tackling.

As the way the manager mode is setup, it's still a bit disappointing as it's pretty much the same as last year, although you do get the option to ask for more funds and the occasional message stating a player would like to play more, that seems to be about it. And the message's usually come from players who really wouldnt expect to be getting a first team place either (see the "Twitter thread where Duffy has tweeted a pic of Sam Kelly from the Reserves asking for a place in the first team) I'll admit i havent played a lot of the manager mode, i've mainly stuck to UT but i'm impressed by the realism on the pitch, just little things like players reactions to bad balls, the way players run etc, but off the pitch i still think its the exact same as FIFA 12. Not a patch on the realism of Football manager, and gets pretty boring pretty quickly if you ask me. I cant even remember 11 sorry ten, otherwise i would draw some comparisons for you!! Though im not sure in 11 if you could send out scouts to certain area's of the world to look for youth players, they will then come back with a few players every month and you can decide wether to sign them to the youth academy or not. The youth acadamy is basically a screen... they dont play matches, they dont seem to develop, you can sign them as young as 14, then you can sign them to your first team at 16 thats it, its really dissapointing tbh, with a few minor changes like youth facilities and youth coaching you could have an impact on the youth players development and it could add a whole new dimension to Manager mode, but as it stands, you might get lucky if a youth player you sign at 16 has an overall rating higher than 62-65 and might be able to play a bit for the first team and develop them that way.

Oh and the music is ALOT better!! :P but gets interrupted in Manager mode, by some guy reading out all the results after a game and all the fixtures before a game really slowly!

Bit of a sidenote, just beat someone 6-0 on Ultimate Team, then going through my player ratings for a few seconds and the connection went for some reason, took me out of ultimate team, but all i had to do was press back on UT to get back onto it, went to check my record and it went down as a 3-0 loss because it was DNF!!!! soooo pissed off, anyone else had something like this? The Search option on UT also seems to have "broken" since that happend, as i searched for a brazilian in Bundesliga and it said no matches, when i know there is several!

Another one, and this really is pathetic from EA, but somehow Bryan Ruiz (82) is a higher rating than Fellaini (81)...seriously how does anybody come to that conclusion? its pathetic, really is...

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Thanks for your in-depth response GR, that' smassively appreciated, thanks buddy.

I think i'll get it and hope that the Offline features are better than 10/11. If the manager/season mode is slightly better, that'll do for me. As idon't get involved in UT or anything online, I just need an 'updated' version of 11 really, so this sounds good.

I think i'll get it, stats aside, it should be good.

I'm not sure either, how they 'rank' the player stats, there's definite bias. But we'll survive.

Thanks again GR.