IGNORED

Properties for rent in Liverpool

Fearthainn

So I thought I'd ask for help here.

I'm moving to Liverpool on 27 October and we're trying to find a place to live. We already know which areas we would like to live in - Mossley Hill, Allerton, Aigburth (although if a good deal comes along somewhere else we will consider it).

Anyway my question is... Other than Gumtree does anyone know where to find private properties for rent? I would prefer dealing directly with the owners than going through an agency. And of course if any of you personally know about an available place somewhere please let me know.

My wife is in Liverpool at the moment but she's only staying for a couple of days and we only managed to get one viewing arranged, today (a house in Wavertree). Doesn't look very promising but better than nothing...

Knotty Ash? 'Famous' for being where Ken Dodd lives isn't it?

I lived in Toxteth and Aigburth (St. Michaels), never had any bother in either but Toxteth is far more expensive than you'd expect considering it's reputation (presumably because it's a 15minute walk from town centre)

Well the Knotty Ash place wasn't 100% sure yet, so sadly I won't be joining the gay community parties ;)

Cheers Matt but my wife has found a better place in Wavertree meanwhile and we have taken it already. It's in L15, betweeen the Wavertree playground and the technological park. I think this should be a decent area within Wavertree.

We were a bit stressed because for a few days we couldn't arrange any viewings / all the properties we liked were taken. I was starting to think we'd have to sleep under the stands at Goodison ;)