IGNORED

Hello from Boston

dtb1381

Hey guys, I'm Dan from Boston. I've been an everton supporter for about four years which is about as long as ive been watching football. Ive looked around the boards on occasion but never joined. Always interested in talking sports & football especially Everton football, but none of my friends from home really like it so ill get my fix here. I look forward to some good conversations and arguements.

Thanks,

Dan

How did I become a fan and why do I like them? Easy answer would be Tim Howard , his story and how I believe it is a greater story of what everton is. A club who isn't blessed with amazing finances, the greatest players, or the most abundant fan base , but one where there finances are spent adequately, players who play balls to the walls and fans who are very passionate. Landon Donavan playing there and playing well also helped.

2nd question Most American fans hate there owners just as Europeans I believe. As most Americans would tell you baseball was my favorite sport growing up (I'm still a young guy 21) but when I was 7-14 baseball and the redsox meant everything . John Henry Tom Werner gave me the only thing as a sports fan I ever wanted, a World Series , 2 of them. They opened their checkbook big time but have probably got their money back. As I grew up I realized baseball is the most boring sport in the world , it's a drag to watch 9 innings. I still love the redsox but I would probably say they are my 5th team. Bruins, pats, revs/everton, celtics, then redsox. and there respective sports in that order. I am a huge sports fan and still probably know more about them and love them more than 99% of the population but its still hard . They (specifically the owners) but the whole organization have gone on to ruin the team in the past 3 years. John henry does not have a great place in my heart and he gets absolutely killed in the media. i believe he will eventually sell the team because he could probably quadrupal his money now. I hate Liverpool because I feel like they think their entitled to winning , they don't have to play the game. Their fans, some of their players, and now their ownership group. Evertonians never think like that and we can't because we'd probably be terrible. We play the game the right way.

Hiya Dan great to see you. Your reasons for following Everton make good reding. I hope you enjoy your time on the forum. Don't be afraid to say what you think..... we all get shot down in flames on occasion, and it is a great craic. ( I always think of a real cowboy when I hear the name John Henry. rofl.gif