IGNORED

African cup of nations 2013

No Everton players are involved.. Anichebe not selected in provisional squad and Pienaar retired from international football to avoid it.

That was a big decision from him as it's hosted in his home town!

I was under the impression that all the venues were in South Africa?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Faso had a man sent off last night for being fouled.. the standard of refereeing last night has caused people to question whether the referee had a secret agenda.

Right result in the end. Highlights here...

http://www.itv.com/s...ghana-3-2-pens/

Or here without commentary...

Referee's been suspended but the red card will stand unless he admits a mistake in his report.

I've only ever watched one game all the way through and that was the final last year between Cote d'Ivore and Zambia. It's a good tournement at times because with all the teams being a little poor (not to sound rude) all the games are quite mad and it can be really entertaining.

I haven't watched any of the tournement this year however, not because I dislike it I just never knew when the games were on and which channel they would be broadcast with.

i havnt watched 1 min of this competition no interest whatsoever i dont know why,i very rarely watch it.

Can't look beyond that, although they did say 20 years ago, that an African side could well win the World Cup within 20 years time - but still waiting for that. There's been some good sides with decent players in recent years but no side has even got past the quarter final stages as of yet. Ghana could have made the semi-finals a couple of years ago but apart from that, no-one has really come close.

Can't look beyond that, although they did say 20 years ago, that an African side could well win the World Cup within 20 years time - but still waiting for that. There's been some good sides with decent players in recent years but no side has even got past the quarter final stages as of yet. Ghana could have made the semi-finals a couple of years ago but apart from that, no-one has really come close.

I said ages ago than an African side will never win the World Cup and got blasted for it. For me none of them are good enough and in my opinion they never will be, the World Cup will be largely dominated by Europe with the obvious South American threats of Brazil, Uraguay and Argentina in the mix.

But it's dependant on where it's held. Some would have thought in South Africa 2010 that one of the countries could have gone far on home soil, but no-one got beyond the last eight. I'm not suggesting teams like Ivory Coast or Nigeria are of the caliber of Spain or The Netherlands but there was opportunity there and on their day, one or two of these african sides, can give anyone a game.

I still think Argentina will win in Brazil next year.

That will go down real well with the locals you can imagine. - especially if it's the actual Final itself.

I still think Argentina will win in Brazil next year.

That will go down real well with the locals you can imagine. - especially if it's the actual Final itself.

If we're correcting language again DK that doesn't make sensewink.png .

Think you mean, "That will go down real well with the locals you can imagine. - especially if they beat Brazil in the actual Final itself."

But that's not what you saidsmile.png .

No I didn't say it because you said it, but it's still good enough whichever way you look at it.

So it's OK for you to correct Zoo (when you know what he meant even though he was grammatically incorrect) but it's not OK for me to correct you (when I know what you meant even though you were grammatically incorrect)?

Special treatment for DK then....just so long as I knowtongue.png .