IGNORED

Big Vic deserves to start

Rob W

Every time Ive seen Vic play recently he has done very well, hes always looked a threat (more than Jelly!). He comes off the bench and scores important goals- when Jelly was injured he came in and scored in every game he played, but he always gets dropped again at the first opportunity.

I have never been a Vic lover but on this form, in my opinion he deserves to be in the starting line up right now

I agree that Anichebe has looked the part in recent weeks.. I just dont want to hype him up too much for there to be a big dissapointment at the end once again.... I think Moyesy has had a quiet lil get together with the lad as he seems to be enjoying his football and smiling again without having hissy fits in the middle of the park... He also seem to be playing more for the team and not for himself... Maybe thats the key? but he would have to show it for 90 minutes to convince me.

For now, things are working well for both Vic, and, the team.

I wanted him to start against Newcastle, but he looked tired near the end, so he might not be fully fit.

I think that might have been to do with the bash on the head as opposed to fitness as at the end of the Chelsea game he still had plenty of energy (which I was very surprised to see!).

I used to adore Vic and thought he had a good future, but then he got injured, lazy and stroppy and in that period he didnt deserve to be here. He is putting that right now though and his movement, technique and confidence have all visibly improved. He is working hard, playing for the team and deserves a Naismith's starting spot. I wouldnt drop Jelavic, but I dont see what Naismith brings ahead of Vic.

I agree that Anichebe has looked the part in recent weeks.. I just dont want to hype him up too much for there to be a big dissapointment at the end once again.... I think Moyesy has had a quiet lil get together with the lad as he seems to be enjoying his football and smiling again without having hissy fits in the middle of the park... He also seem to be playing more for the team and not for himself... Maybe thats the key? but he would have to show it for 90 minutes to convince me.

Brett Angel talking about dissappointment. Hahaha