IGNORED

Hi, Jack here.

No hostile intentions, so pardon me for sort of being here.

We have sort of a agreed at the Jack forums that we will loose against Everton and the best we can hope for is a draw, especially if Fellaini is out. We dont really like tall people.

A few questions to you folks.

1. Given both of our fans a Swansea win is out of the question in the upcomming game, why do you believe it is so?

2. Michu is considered a one man army at Swansea, what would you rate him to be worth currently?

3. Apart from Fellaini, who do you think will pose the greatest threat against the Swans?

4. Apart from Michu, do you fear anything about the current style and threat from the Swans?

5 Apart from Michu, which player would you like to see on your sidef any? and why?

6. Can you continue to build on your success in the coming seasons, even if Fellaini departs? (tricky question I guess, since Michu´s and Fellaini´s dont fall from the skies)

7. How do you rate Swansea currently? are we to stay in premier league?

8. How do you rate Everton currently? can you reach the top four?

9. Are there any Everton or Swansea players you currently deem fit for international duty although they arent chosen?

10. Do you have a personal desire in seeing the Swans do well? (This is my own personal oppinion about Everton, I hope you guys do well against everybody except us)

Thank you. If the answers arent too hostile they will be posted at our board. (by hostile I dont mean negative)

No problem being here mate, I believe the policy is that friendly/non-hostile opposition is always welcome.

1. Given both of our fans a Swansea win is out of the question in the upcomming game, why do you believe it is so?

You have had a bad record against us since you've entered the PL, so I'd favor us to get a win. However, Swansea does well scoring and going forward, and we haven't kept a clean sheet in like 18 matches, so there's a good chance you will score on us, and if you score more than once, who knows. I think this match will have goals in it for sure, and I wouldn't totally rule you guys out getting a draw or even nicking a win with our inability to keep a clean sheet combined with some of our offensive misfiring and inability to take chances.

2. Michu is considered a one man army at Swansea, what would you rate him to be worth currently?

Not sure. Definitely an in form, quality striker. But he's 26, so he doesn't have the value and potential of a young player. Maybe somewhere between 6-9 million pounds?

3. Apart from Fellaini, who do you think will pose the greatest threat against the Swans?

Jelavic when in form is a lethal poacher, but unfortunately his finishing has been just off lately, and is in a bit of a dry spell. The Baines/Pienaar combination down the left is potent, and Baines is dangerous from set pieces. Besides Jelavic and Fellaini, we don't really have one single player who will bag in a lot of goals, but all players in our midfield are capable of scoring. I believe you all are a bit smaller side as well, so watch out on set pieces, which we are good at, even though we don't have as many aerial threats as we used to (Lost Saha, Cahill, Lescott etc..)

4. Apart from Michu, do you fear anything about the current style and threat from the Swans?

You always manage a decent amount of possession and are able to score. That's threatening to anyone.

5 Apart from Michu, which player would you like to see on your sidef any? and why?

I know De Guzman is a Villarreal player, but if he counts in this question, him. I think he's a quality, creative player who poses an attacking threat. Vorm is a good keeper, but I'd only have him has a second choice to Howard.

6. Can you continue to build on your success in the coming seasons, even if Fellaini departs? (tricky question I guess, since Michu´s and Fellaini´s dont fall from the skies) Losing Fellaini would hurt us, but if allowed to invest in players with those funds, we could add depth which we desperately need. Everton has quality, but we don't have depth. If we lose 3-5 players due to injury (which happens over a PL season), we have youngsters all on our bench, and when we are healthy, our bench isn't that strong to begin with.

Of course. You guys are good enough to stay up without any problem, and you have a very good chance of being a top half side.

I expect top 6 and hopefully Europa League at the minimum. Top 4 will be tough as we will have to beat Arsenal and Spurs, who both will probably spend significantly more money than us this transfer window in order to chase fourth and obtain that last CL spot. There isn't that much of a disparity between Everton, Arsenal, and Spurs' first 11, but both Spurs and Arsenal have much better depth than us, and over the course of the season, depth matters. Also, it will be tough as we have to go to all of the big boys' stadiums (Old Trafford, Emirates etc..) this half of the season with the exception of Manchester City. Top 4 is not of the question, but it is an uphill climb.

9. Are there any Everton or Swansea players you currently deem fit for international duty although they arent chosen?

Baines should be England's first choice leftback right now, and Jagielka and Osman both deserve more of a presence/more caps in the England squad. The fact that Sylvain Distin doesn't have a single France cap is ridiculous, and he's incredibly underrated. Also, the fact that Ireland would prefer the likes of Keith Andrews in midfield over Darron Gibson is shocking. Gibson is our unsung hero, and plays a vital role in midfield when fit. Not sure about your squad.

10. Do you have a personal desire in seeing the Swans do well? (This is my own personal oppinion about Everton, I hope you guys do well against everybody except us)

I can't say I have a huge soft spot for Swansea, but I certainly have nothing against you all. I kind of favor NOrwich if you were to group QPR, Norwich, and Swansea as the promotion class of that year.

Cheers!

We have sort of a agreed at the Jack forums that we will loose against Everton and the best we can hope for is a draw, especially if Fellaini is out. We dont really like tall people.

Nothing is out of the question. We expect a win because that is our mentallity, and we are in good form, but we are letting too many goals in, and our striker has been fairly quiet.

It's very difficult to rate players unless they have a few good years in the Prem, as lots of players hit good patches, but he looks a player. To us, he is worth about 6 million. To City, he could be worth much more. Horses for courses.

We are very dangerous throughout our team. There is hardly a player that doesn't score goals, and I don't say that lightly. Jelavic, Anichebe, Fellaini, Pienaar, Mirallas, Osman, Baines all score, or create goals, and even Coleman knows where the net is.

I don't even fear Michu to be honest. When you are at your best, you are a great footballing side, but you won't be at your best against Everton in my opinion, as we tend to outplay any teams that play football. Our biggest obstacle is generally teams who park the bus.

I like Williams. Good strong defender.

6. Can you continue to build on your success in the coming seasons, even if Fellaini departs? (tricky question I guess, since Michu´s and Fellaini´s dont fall from the skies)

Yes. If we get a good price, and, keep Moyes, he will use the cash to make us even stronger as a squad. Fellaini is but one player in a very good team.

Absolutely. Very impressed with Swansea since they were promoted. I was disappointed that they sold a lot of players, not to mention the gobshites across the park hiring Rogers, but you are doing many things well, and have a future in the Prem if you don't get overawed.

We are suffering from injuries, but at our best, we are probably the most dangerous side in the Prem this year, and only a small squad will set us back regarding top 4.

Difficult question to answer, as we don't watch you every minute every game. Of Everton, I think most are already International that haven't retired so to speak, but Hibbert has been deserving of much more recognition than he's received.

10. Do you have a personal desire in seeing the Swans do well? (This is my own personal opinion about Everton, I hope you guys do well against everybody except us)

As you are Welsh, it has taken a bit of getting used to, as strictly speaking, I'm slightly patriotic regarding the Prem being English, but I've warmed to you in recent seasons, so it's a step in the right direction I guess. There is a bit of a stigma about the Welsh and Scottish hating the English etc, so it could be a bridge that brings us all closer but time will tell.

Thank you. If the answers arent too hostile they will be posted at our board. (by hostile I dont mean negative)

Welcome to Toffeetalk, and thanks for the questions.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

1. Given both of our fans a Swansea win is out of the question in the upcomming game, why do you believe it is so? We have the better players, it's at our venue, we have been doing very well recently, and if not for some awful match officiating and missed opportunities, could have done so much better

2. Michu is considered a one man army at Swansea, what would you rate him to be worth currently? I don't know much about this player, and couldn't even give an estimation

3. Apart from Fellaini, who do you think will pose the greatest threat against the Swans? Jelavic is a dangerous player when he wants to be, Anichebe has found some form, and Pienaar can causes problems

4. Apart from Michu, do you fear anything about the current style and threat from the Swans? Only that they're doing well in the League Cup, had a great result yesterday, and can prove difficult opposition on their day

5 Apart from Michu, which player would you like to see on your sidef any? and why? None that really comes to mind

6. Can you continue to build on your success in the coming seasons, even if Fellaini departs? (tricky question I guess, since Michu´s and Fellaini´s dont fall from the skies) It's all dependant on who departs, including Moyes himself. We need to win something again, but are heading in the right direction once again

7. How do you rate Swansea currently? are we to stay in premier league? Yes I think you can survive and even win the League Cup of all things. Hope you can do it also

8. How do you rate Everton currently? can you reach the top four? Yes, it's within our capabilities, but still a long way to run yet

9. Are there any Everton or Swansea players you currently deem fit for international duty although they arent chosen? Gibson as mentioned, Osman has had a start or two but deserves to be featured more regularly

10. Do you have a personal desire in seeing the Swans do well? (This is my own personal oppinion about Everton, I hope you guys do well against everybody except us) On a one off, I hope you can win it this year. I remember 30 years ago you had a very good side that was short lived, but challenged for honors for a brief time

Daniel - just a few personal opinions on all your questions :

- Everton needs the win more than Swansea - we are aiming for Europe

- Michu worth 20-25mil

- Everton threat - Baines\Pienaar and Mirallas if he plays

-threat from Swans their tight defense shown against Chelsea and the speed at which they counter

-we could use your goalkeeper and some of your defenders - we have 1 clean sheet the whole season

- Everton is less dependent on Fellaini than Swansea is on Michu - we have done well in games where he was missing

- i really like the Swansea style of play - you need a stronger midfield to get more possession though - you have a promising young coach who seems to be a nice guy as well , you will surely stay in the PL

- Everton has the best side in years - if Michu was playing for us we would have been in the top 3 or even better - because our main striker has not hit form this season

- England duty - sorry don't know your youngsters well enough - we certainly have no young players knocking - Osman was our latest cap

- Swansea is certainly a side who deserves to be in the PL - you have the ability to upset the Money Clubs like you have done in the Capital One Cup - you need 2 classy midfielders and a slightly better striker to support and or shadow Michu should he get injured and you should be able to run with and even past the big dogs -

may the best team win on Saturday and may the officials, the woodwork or bad luck not have the final say

Swansea have a busier schedule and we have a great record against you.

I'm not a huge fan, he reminds me of Cahill as he appears from nowhere to get a goal, but without offering enough to the teams all round play. £6-8 mil, £12 mil if there's competition for him.

Leon Osman, when he's good he pulls the strings as good as anyone.

Dyer could expose our fullbacks. Your best player imo, should be in the England squad. De Guzman has something a little bit special, on his day he can find space and could punish us.

Dyer. He was great last season, although he's not quite been able to keep that standard up, but Everton have needed a right winger since Kanchelskis left.

We're currently playing him out of position, so yes. It will be a very long time before we find another centre mid as great as him though.

7/10. Yes, somewhere between Everton and Wigan.

8/10, played some great football but dropped too many points.

Osman, I know he's been picked now, but he should have been in the team years ago when Gerrard-Lampard clearly weren't working. Arguably better suited for international football as well.

Dyer, form-wise he was better than all the English wingers last season.

I hope you finish above Liverpool and prove Rogers wasn't the reason you done so well last year. The same logic why I want Norwich to finish above Aston Villa.

Daniel - just a few personal opinions on all your questions :

- Everton needs the win more than Swansea - we are aiming for Europe

- Michu worth 20-25mil

- Everton threat - Baines\Pienaar and Mirallas if he plays

-threat from Swans their tight defense shown against Chelsea and the speed at which they counter

-we could use your goalkeeper and some of your defenders - we have 1 clean sheet the whole season

- Everton is less dependent on Fellaini than Swansea is on Michu - we have done well in games where he was missing

- i really like the Swansea style of play - you need a stronger midfield to get more possession though - you have a promising young coach who seems to be a nice guy as well , you will surely stay in the PL

- Everton has the best side in years - if Michu was playing for us we would have been in the top 3 or even better - because our main striker has not hit form this season

- England duty - sorry don't know your youngsters well enough - we certainly have no young players knocking - Osman was our latest cap

- Swansea is certainly a side who deserves to be in the PL - you have the ability to upset the Money Clubs like you have done in the Capital One Cup - you need 2 classy midfielders and a slightly better striker to support and or shadow Michu should he get injured and you should be able to run with and even past the big dogs -

may the best team win on Saturday and may the officials, the woodwork or bad luck not have the final say

Lol, how much ?

VP was only £24m.

If Carroll was worth £35,000,000 to liverpool or Torres £50,000,000 to Chelsea, then why not.

I don't know much about the kid but from all i can ascertain, seems a good prospect and an exciting player, so why not. Although you never can read much into crazy prices and valuations these days.

Value is in the eye of the beholder mate. Big teams with big squads can afford to splash out on a single player, hence my saying he might be worth more to City, but teams like Everton would turn that kind of money into 'many' players. Michu is a player, but to all but the very rich, his value would be more modest.

Michu loves Laudrup, that was his dream .... to be like Laudrup. He will play his heart out for Swansea. So will most of the players Laudrup gets in, he has an advantage most managers dont.

Please answer my questions though, thank you in advance.

I did, and you didn't acknowledge them. doh.gif

I actually like you, I just dont understand you.

Mate, look at my first reply in this thread, directly under your questions. shaking%20fist.png

Nothing is out of the question. We expect a win because that is our mentallity, and we are in good form, but we are letting too many goals in, and our striker has been fairly quiet.

It's very difficult to rate players unless they have a few good years in the Prem, as lots of players hit good patches, but he looks a player. To us, he is worth about 6 million. To City, he could be worth much more. Horses for courses.

We are very dangerous throughout our team. There is hardly a player that doesn't score goals, and I don't say that lightly. Jelavic, Anichebe, Fellaini, Pienaar, Mirallas, Osman, Baines all score, or create goals, and even Coleman knows where the net is.

I don't even fear Michu to be honest. When you are at your best, you are a great footballing side, but you won't be at your best against Everton in my opinion, as we tend to outplay any teams that play football. Our biggest obstacle is generally teams who park the bus.

I like Williams. Good strong defender.

Yes. If we get a good price, and, keep Moyes, he will use the cash to make us even stronger as a squad. Fellaini is but one player in a very good team.

Absolutely. Very impressed with Swansea since they were promoted. I was disappointed that they sold a lot of players, not to mention the gobshites across the park hiring Rogers, but you are doing many things well, and have a future in the Prem if you don't get overawed.

We are suffering from injuries, but at our best, we are probably the most dangerous side in the Prem this year, and only a small squad will set us back regarding top 4.

Difficult question to answer, as we don't watch you every minute every game. Of Everton, I think most are already International that haven't retired so to speak, but Hibbert has been deserving of much more recognition than he's received.

10. Do you have a personal desire in seeing the Swans do well? (This is my own personal opinion about Everton, I hope you guys do well against everybody except us)

As you are Welsh, it has taken a bit of getting used to, as strictly speaking, I'm slightly patriotic regarding the Prem being English, but I've warmed to you in recent seasons, so it's a step in the right direction I guess. There is a bit of a stigma about the Welsh and Scottish hating the English etc, so it could be a bridge that brings us all closer but time will tell.

Welcome to Toffeetalk, and thanks for the questions.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

I think after your great result at chelsea you might find you come down to earth with a bump, hungover from that result, plus the last two games at the liberty we totally outclassed you(although you were better at goodison), plus jelevic is gonna hit form and I think his goal at Cheltenham will kick start it

Tremendous buy, I thought we had a bargain with jelly last January but Michu beats that deal hands down. Going on current values I'd be looking at 10 - 12 million at least (25 if Liverpool buy him :-))

Obviously baines and pienaar on the left, osman showed his class at Cheltenham, and Mirallas if he plays, but that's very unlikely

Graham and dyer can turn a game

Vorm is a great goalie, I think he could push Howard for a starting place

Depends how much we got for fellaini and how much we could reinvest into transfers, selling Rooney transformed us!!

Easily, I'd be disappointed if you didn't finish top half

I think top 5 or 6 is more realistic, spurs and arsenal have more depth in their squads and more cash to splash this transfer window. It's possible though, need to stop leaking goals and drawing games

Jags and baines should be starters for England, osman should have had a stack more caps, but it's probably to late now, not to sure on your foreign players, but British players don't think are that level

As I only live 30 miles away then yeah!! Always followed the swans results, been a few times, had a nightmare at the Everton game this season at the liberty, had to stay very quiet, would love you to win the league cup

Edited by mogsy

Avin,

your post looks like a paste. However now that I have read it its not.

I am so sorry, my fault .. should have read everything.

Avin's not here mate. Somebody on the Internet was mean to him so he stormed out with a rope, a pocket full of pills, a set of razor blades, and a Lighthouse Family cd.