IGNORED

Singing at Goodison

Sideliner

am i mistaken or has the Goodison crowd been very quiet lately compared to earlier in the season and compared to crowds in some other stadiums ?

maybe those privileged to be able to attend matches at Goodison can enlighten us supporters sitting in the dark - thanks -

the vocal support of the fans has a great influence on the players and on the officials

I used to be a season ticket holder only to give it up a few years ago... I hear the same old saying of 'go the match if ya want an opinion' off everton supporters whenever i say anything negative...

I laugh to think these know it all season ticket holders are like mice at the game.

TRUE SUPPORTERS!!!

Was at non-league Kings Lynn Saturday, they play in the Evo-stik 1st Division.They were playing Soutport in the FA Trophy.There was a crowd of 1,498.Behind me at the bar were a couple of Southport fans, one was saying he was at Anfield a few weeks back and the atmosphere at Kings Lynn was way better!

Havn't been to Goodison for over a season and a half, what's going wrong, are the real fans being priced out!

In the last round against AFC Telford the Kings Lynn crowd managed to get one of Telfords players sent off, Lynn were losing 1-0 at the time of the sending off, this (I believe) resulted in Kings Lynn getting the game back and winning 2-1.

The crowd is the 12th man, Goodison could, should be a place where opponent hate to come.

Final score Kings Lynn (and the crowd ) 0 Southport 2....................................dont know.gif OK! Doesn't always workcrying.gif

I used to be a season ticket holder only to give it up a few years ago... I hear the same old saying of 'go the match if ya want an opinion' off everton supporters whenever i say anything negative...

I laugh to think these know it all season ticket holders are like mice at the game.

TRUE SUPPORTERS!!!

Why do you have to sing to be a true supporter?

I spend my money following Everton home and away and I would say that qualifies me as a true supporter. Generally speaking if the players give the fans something to get excited about then they will respond

I think part of the problem is our relative success on the pitch. A lot of fans now expect the players on the pitch to give them a reason to sing, rather than in the past when we didn't do so well on the pitch and knew that we needed to give the players a lift.

Also, Goodison has always been known for a great atmosphere so you get fans coming along who want to sample the atmosphere but not actually get involved in it, therefore diluting that atmosphere.

the only thing i could hear very clearly at Goodison on Saturday was the public announcer threatening any person who dare to stand up in his chair obstructing the view of someone behind him would be "EJECTED FROM THE STADIUM IMMEDIATELY " - wow

maybe the fans are so scared now they sit like statues and keep quiet like mice -

in Africa we do it differently - much differently - i was at the friendly internationa between Norway and South Africa last week in Cape Town and it was all vuvuzelas , singing ,dancing waving of flags and quite a few mexican waves - was very festive although we lost 1-0 -

i hope the Goodison crowd gets back to intimmidating opposition and firing on Everton like they last did against Liverpool - that gave me goosebumps

• 3 weeks later...

It happens in the majority of stadiums these days, watching the classico in a stadium of 85 thousand during the week you can hear a pin drop and the City match yesterday was like a morgue.

The atmosphere at Celtic Park is in general decent especially as you would expect on European nights but sometimes the place can be dead with the exception of the Green Brigade (Our Ultra Group) they sing non stop for 90 mins and would dread to think of the place without them.

The atmosphere was decent on Saturday but we went behind after 1 minute so it was to be expected. Went a bit quiet when they made it 1-3 but after Fellaini scored his first it was rocking until the last minute. It has definitely been very quiet over recent weeks though, Swansea in particular. I guess it's just too tense for singing with us needing to win every home match these days :D

I don't sing because I don't want to - it's not my thing. I've not got a problem against those that do but I prefer to watch the game and tactically work out who is doing what and how we could improve. I sit on Row B and in Row A there are a few that sing but mostly around me its quiet (apart from an annoying cunt behind me who moans every week).

Goodison has been quiet for a while though, its not what it used to be but I think thats the same for everywhere these days.