IGNORED

To the future

Guest John Burns

Guest John Burns

Did you just tell me to leave the thread?

Yes, a good idea, Now run along. You contributed sweet nothing expect personal sneers. You are trolling this thread. It is clear you can't understand the thread and points involved. Now run along. How is the bagwash? Edited by John Burns

Guest John Burns

Did you just compliment your own idea?

GET OFF THE THREAD!!!!! GO !!!!! YOU OFFER NOTHING. A NUISANCE. An AIR-HEAD mentality.

Edited by John Burns

Guest John Burns

Mr Zoo, thank you for your solid contribution to the finer points of this topic. What you do not understand please get back to me.

Edited by John Burns

You know whats actually sad about this whole thing? I actually agree with Mr Burns on all accounts. (apart from the insults and the instant relegation threat if we don't comply to his ideas) We do need a new arena, and we do need it to be placed in an area that is easy to access and commute to using public transportation. I agree that the only solution is to somehow raise the money for this venture.

I've also said so in almost every post, yet i'm the nuisance, the person who offers nothing and I have an AIR-HEAD mentality.

John, tone it down. People are only trying to understand more about your proposal. the questions being asked are perfectly reasonable. if you want to continue here, engage and debate in sensible manner. Insulting people and their intelligence will not be tolerated.

THE HYPE Any analysis of the facts will reveal that the decision to move was made primarily by Peter Johnson. The move was proposed on the simple basis that Goodison Park was no longer good enough for a club of Everton's stature. On the surface, the arguments for leaving Goodison Park are clear and persuasive:

• Obstructed views from around 10% (ie 4,000) of the stadium's seats
  • A badly land-locked location, surrounded by narrow terraced streets
  • Poor access and very limited parking
  • The Gwladys Street and Bullens Road Stands are now antiquated

The case in favour of a move was made in some detail in An Objective View of Goodison Park, by Everton fan, John Burns. Now that Peter Johnson is gone, John Burns is the most vocal proponent of a move; he is totally committed to the relocation of Everton and presents the case in his own inimitable fashion, having no truck with the nay-sayers and Luddites who espouse any alternative view. But in a debate of this nature, it is impossible to be unemotional and to discount nostalgia, whatever he may claim. Follow the next link to read an updated presentation of John's one-dimensional campaign for A New Goodison Park.

In 1997, Everton acquired the School on Bullens Road, but converted it into a Directors Car Park. And there were rumours that the club were slowly buying up all the houses in Goodison Road... These seemed to go contrary to other rumours that Everton had already negotiated the sale of Goodison Park to Tesco for a giant Hypermarket.

http://www.toffeeweb.com/club/kings-dock/stadium-debate.asp

*knew I had read about him somewhere

Edited by Peter H

Guest John Burns

How is the personal insult count coming along for you Mr Burns?

GO away air-head. I call you an air-head because that is what you display. I do not read what you write, so it is not worth it.

Let me see. You are one of the stay at GP mob? You like Championship football eh? Where do you work? What do you do?

Edited by John Burns

GO away air-head. I call you an air-head because that is what you display. I do not read what you write, so it is not worth it.

Let me see. You are one of the stay at GP mob?

No, I want a new stadium! You obviously see my replies as you comment on each and every one, but I see your point, you don't read them as you cant seem to grasp the context of my posts. I agree with you, I have done so all along. All I want is some context from you, not just content. I know that you are a true Everton supporter, that is why this saddens me. To find supporters of this great club that are so one-dimensional. Lots of shouting. Lots of content. No context what so ever.

I'm not attached to a past as some are. GP has been brilliant. David Moyes has been brilliant. Its still time to move on.

Guest John Burns

you cant seem to grasp the context of my posts.

I saw this. You have no point. The club is leaving and the business case to leave are overwhelming. This stay at GP is a dead issue. We are past this staying at a relic and are moving on to greater things. The club should not be in the business of maintaining the match day ale house routine of a few loud fans.

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM - Nothing but the best.. that doesn't mean the best ale smile.png

You say one thing but I get messages saying the opposite.

Edited by John Burns

oh yeah. Thanks. It shows that the turnover of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man C, Man U and Liverpool dwarf EFC. Even Spurs are substantially higher. Even Newcastle pull in more. This graphically shows the need for EFC to get their act together and get a high income stadium on-line. Then the stadium it can be a 100% separate company set up by EFC and EFC "rent" the stadium from his company. This protects the stadium as going concern.

Quick question...........

Spurs turnover is 144m compared to Everton's at 81m.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/18/premier-league-finances-club-by-club

However, Spurs attendances are on average slightly less that Everton's

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22541130

So where does that leave your argument about needing a new stadium (and the cost of financing such a project) in order to increase revenues and on-field competitiveness?

I saw this. You have no point. The club is leaving and the business case to leave are overwhelming. This stay at GP is a dead issue. We are past this staying at a relic and are moving on to greater things. The club should not be in the business of maintaining the match day ale house routine of a few loud fans.

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM - Nothing but the best.. that doesn't mean the best ale smile.png

not one person on here has expressed and overwhelming desire to stay at Goodison, not in this thread at least.

Guest John Burns

John, tone it down. People are only trying to understand more about your proposal. the questions being asked are perfectly reasonable. if you want to continue here, engage and debate in sensible manner. Insulting people and their intelligence will not be tolerated.

This idiot (I mean that) Dixie has from the start been personal. He thinks is clever. He even thinks I am in America and camera fanatic. Duh ! It is clear what he is up to and the mods should step, in. Or he just plain dumb!

This idiot (I mean that) Dixie has from the start been personal. He thinks is clever. He even thinks I am in America and camera fanatic. Duh ! It is clear what he is up to and the mods should step, in. Or he just plain dumb!

indeed, the mods should step up.

Good bye.