IGNORED

The most we can sign is 4 - and 1 must be English / Welsh

Last season, our squad consisted of 19 players, with 8 of those classed as Home Grown.

Premier League - Squad List 2012/13
Everton - 25 squad players
Player Home Grown
1 Anichebe, Victor Chinedu Yes
2 Baines, Leighton John Yes
3 Gibson, Darron Thomas Daniel Yes
4 Hibbert, Anthony James Yes
5 Jagielka, Philip Nikodem Yes
6 Neville, Philip John Yes
7 Osman, Leon Yes
8 Coleman, Seamus No
9 Distin, Sylvain No
10 Fellaini-Bakkioui, Marouane No
11 Heitinga, John Gijsbert Alan No
12 Howard, Timothy Matthew No
13 Jelavic, Nikica No
14 Mucha, Jan No
15 Naismith, Steven John No
16 Pienaar, Steven No
17 Mirallas Y Castillo, Kevin Antonio Jo No
18 Oviedo Jimenez, Bryan Josue No
19 Hitzlsperger, Thomas Yes

These were our Under 21 players:

Everton - Under 21 players (Contract and Scholars)

Adelson, Jake Joseph Clifford

Barkley, Ross

Bidwell, Jake

Browning, Tyias

Duffus, Courtney

Duffy, Shane Patrick Michael

Forrester, Anton

Garbutt, Luke

Grant, Conor James

Green, George William

Griffiths, Russell John

Hammar, Per Johan Gustav

Hope, Hallam Robert

Johns, Jasper Nathaniel

Jones, Gethin Wynne

Kelly, Sam Alexander

Langton, Curtis John

Long, Christopher

Lundstram, John David

McAleny, Conor Michael

Molyneux, Tom

Pennington, Matthew

Santos Da Silva Junior, Francisco

Shannon, Oliver John William

Springthorpe, Mason Thomas

Taudul, Mateusz

Touray, Ibou Omar

Vellios, Apostolos

Waring, George Philip

Now, with Phil Neville leaving, and Thomas Hitz too, our squad of last year has 2 less HG players in it, and with Mucha also leaving, our squad now has but 16 left, of the 19 that were registered last season.

Shane Duffy is 21 now, so must be included in next seasons 'Max 25' list, so as it stands, our squad would be up to 17. He isn't classed as Home Grown.

Apostolos Vellios is now 21, so must be included in the 25. He isn't classed as Home Grown.

Conor McAleny will be 21 before the end of the window, so must be added to the squad of 25 as a Home Grown player.

Francisco Junior is now 21, so must be included in the 25. He isn't classed as Home Grown.

If Magaye Gueye returns, he must be added as a none Home Grown player over the age of 21. Is he elegible as HG as he has been here 3 years, but was loaned abroad.

This gives us a total of 21 in next seasons squad. Only 4 places for signings.

The ruling states that 'no more than 17 players over the age of 21 can be in the squad, and not be Home Grown'.

"The definition of home grown is trained for three years under the age of 21 by somebody in the English and Welsh professional system.

Home Grown

1 Anichebe, Victor Chinedu
2 Baines, Leighton John
3 Gibson, Darron Thomas Daniel
4 Hibbert, Anthony James
5 Jagielka, Philip Nikodem
6 Osman, Leon

7 Conor McAleny

Not Home Grown

1 Coleman, Seamus
2 Distin, Sylvain
3 Fellaini-Bakkioui, Marouane
4 Heitinga, John Gijsbert Alan
5 Howard, Timothy Matthew
6 Jelavic, Nikica
7 Naismith, Steven John
8 Pienaar, Steven
9 Mirallas Y Castillo, Kevin Antonio Jo
10 Oviedo Jimenez, Bryan Josue
11 Shane Duffy

12 Apostolos Vellios

13 Francisco Junior

*14 Magaye Gueye

So, unless we get shut of somebody, we are only able to sign 4 senior players in this window, of which at least 1 must be home grown.

ps ... has Garbutt's contract ended ?

Edited by Avinalaff

Did we expect to get more than 4 players with none going out?

I don't see that as a major issue!

If were getting more than 4 then Gueye will probably be shown the door as could Naismith for that matter.

Heitinga is also likely to leave and Fellaini is a likely leaver as well.

I don't think any of our players will be worrying about not making the 25 man cut come the end of August.

Why isn't Shane Duffy classed as a homegrown player? He's been here since 2008 according to Wikipedia.

He might be ok then. I've not copied it from anywhere, so just done my best to figure it all out. He'll still need to be added to the senior squad though as an over 21.

Edited by Avinalaff

Did we expect to get more than 4 players with none going out?

I don't see that as a major issue!

If were getting more than 4 then Gueye will probably be shown the door as could Naismith for that matter.

Heitinga is also likely to leave and Fellaini is a likely leaver as well.

I don't think any of our players will be worrying about not making the 25 man cut come the end of August.

It's not meant to be an issue, but more of a talking point.

He might be ok then. I've not copied it from anywhere, so just done my best to figure it all out.

I think he will be a home-grown player.

A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21). (source: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/features/home-grown-quota-for-premier-league.html)

Duffy has been at Everton since November 2008 according to his profile on the official site.

I think he will be a home-grown player.

A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21). (source: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/features/home-grown-quota-for-premier-league.html)

Duffy has been at Everton since November 2008 according to his profile on the official site.

I think you're right.

It still gives us 21 players we'll need to name in the squad by my maths.

Doesn't one of those have to be a backup goalkeeper as well? I don't see Magaye Gueye coming back... I imagine some of those other four (Duffy, McAleny, Junior, Vellios) going elsewhere if possible in order to get first team football. Once you're 21-22, first team football is what you need, not reserve football at a big club. Also, I still think Fellaini will move this window, quite possibly Heitinga, and maybe someone else (more of a surprise move.. Maybe Vic or Jelavic)

Doesn't one of those have to be a backup goalkeeper as well? I don't see Magaye Gueye coming back... I imagine some of those other four (Duffy, McAleny, Junior, Vellios) going elsewhere if possible in order to get first team football. Once you're 21-22, first team football is what you need, not reserve football at a big club. Also, I still think Fellaini will move this window, quite possibly Heitinga, and maybe someone else (more of a surprise move.. Maybe Vic or Jelavic)

Gueye still has a good few years of contract left, so they'd have to buy him if he did leave.

Macaleny has one year left.

Can't see anything regarding the keeper.

Regarding Gueye, he might just sneak in as home grown, though last years list said no:

 For the 2012/13 season each club had a deadline on 4th September to submit a squad containing no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the Home Grown Player criteria. The remainder of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be Home Grown.

 A Home Grown Player means a player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21).

 Changes to the squad list of 25 may be made during the period of a Transfer Window.

 U21 players are eligible over and above the limit of 25 players/squad.

 For the 2012/13 campaign Under 21 players will have been born on or after 1st January 1991.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd counted Junior , Vellios, Duffy, and Macaleny as being 21 before the season starts, but they just sneak in, as per the Jan 1st ruling, where players must be U21 before Jan 1st of a season commencing. Junior made it by 17 days, and Vellios by just 7 so don't need to be named in the 25.

*Shane Duffy was actually born on Jan 1st, so could still count as an U21 player this season coming.

Home Grown Everton players

1 Anichebe, Victor Chinedu
2 Baines, Leighton John
3 Gibson, Darron Thomas Daniel
4 Hibbert, Anthony James
5 Jagielka, Philip Nikodem
6 Osman, Leon

Not Home Grown Everton players

1 Coleman, Seamus
2 Distin, Sylvain
3 Fellaini-Bakkioui, Marouane
4 Heitinga, John Gijsbert Alan