IGNORED

Stephen Ireland

I always liked his technical ability, but there has to be a reason why he hasn't been a regular for 4 seasons, character or whatever. He was probably being pushed out this season because he's a high-earner like Bent and Given, but he wasn't a regular for Villa prior to that either.

It's just as well this wasn't chosen this morning as it could have generated some ill-advised responses and mayhem but most will be aware of the name, and has been highly spoken of here and there but seems his time has passed and the ideal time for any club to have brought him in was maybe three or four years ago, as he's simply been unable to replicate his good form that some will remember, especially with Manchester City. Still at a decent age, and the kid's got plenty to offer in that regard, but it seems the general consensus is it's a player we really don't need or shouldn't be looking at, and may still be able to contribute but has had some off field issues also ? This would have generated some proper interest a season or two ago, but I think that time has passed.

Anyone who pimps his ride by putting pink wheels, pink leather seats and a pink steering wheel on a black Range Rover because his chav trophy girlfriend likes pink and then has them put in Hello or OK magazine has behavioural issues.

Anyone who relaxes by tugging on the bong while he's not playing and posting pictures of himself doing it on Twitter clearly has behavioural issues, is unprofessional and has no respect for the fans or sponsors who help to pay his wages. It also shows he has no respect for himself.

He's also shite and lightweight at his job.

So, that will be a "No" from me.

Anyone who pimps his ride by putting pink wheels, pink leather seats and a pink steering wheel on a black Range Rover because his chav trophy girlfriend likes pink and then has them put in Hello or OK magazine has behavioural issues.

Anyone who relaxes by tugging on the bong while he's not playing and posting pictures of himself doing it on Twitter clearly has behavioural issues, is unprofessional and has no respect for the fans or sponsors who help to pay his wages. It also shows he has no respect for himself.

Not forgetting how he told the Irish FA his grandmother had died, which she hadnt, so he could get out of an international match. That is pretty sick and I don't want people like that at our club.

Not forgetting how he told the Irish FA his grandmother had died, which she hadnt, so he could get out of an international match. That is pretty sick and I don't want people like that at our club.

Hmmmm.....

Point taken. What an absolute tosser! Certainly not required at Goodison. Thank you very much, but no thank you!

Stephen Ireland simply isn't good enough to wear the Everton Jersey... Wages would be too high for a player of his calibre as well.

Surely Everton can attract some better talent than Steven Ireland, as we are a club who will always compete at a high level and are known to give people a chance in the first team if good enough...