IGNORED

Brazilian madness. Bodes well for the WC

Dunno if youve heard it already but in a brazilian amateur match the other week, a 20 tear old was sent off, refused to leave the pitch so the ref repeatedly stabbed him with a knife. Killing him in the process.

The crowd ran on to the pitch, knocked the ref to the ground, stoned him to death, chopped his head off and placed it on a pole in the center circle.

Is this the kind of country that FIFA should place the WC in?

The crowd ran on to the pitch, knocked the ref to the ground, stoned him to death, chopped his head off and placed it on a pole in the center circle.

Heard about that yesterday. Apparently he was tied up and quartered too. There are photos of it all over the internet but I won't post them because it's bad taste to some. It's FIFA's fault that the WC is in such a mad country, as Mark says so long as money is made they don't care.

Heard about that yesterday. Apparently he was tied up and quartered too. There are photos of it all over the internet but I won't post them because it's bad taste to some. It's FIFA's fault that the WC is in such a mad country, as Mark says so long as money is made they don't care.

Bad taste to some?

Well I didn't get offended by the pictures but some people would. It's not for everyone to see a picture of a man with all his limbs off.

But you presumably look at them and realise they're not really the result of people behaving in an acceptable manner, so in pretty bad taste even if you're happy to look at them.

But you presumably look at them and realise they're not really the result of people behaving in an acceptable manner, so in pretty bad taste even if you're happy to look at them.

I'm not saying that what they did is bad taste. It's barbaric what they have done, I'm just saying that some people would be offended even looking at the pictures.

I'm no prude but as a choice would prefer not to view either, not something everyone has a desire to see.

South american soccer is crazy, if not corrupt, at the best of times, but this news item did generate a certain level of shock. You simply don't expect such savagery even for the often questionable antics that occur over there.

As for should the World Cup be held there, South Africa was also chosen in 2010, another nation not without it's history of violence or troubles, yet still was a general success. Apart from a few sporadic incidents next year I don't envisage too much trouble down there, but isn't that the case with most tournaments of this nature.

(this was the incident thread from earlier today, real damn apprehensive about going ahead with this)