IGNORED

Cardiff (away)

gethinO

I'm afraid this kind of instance doesn't surprise me. There will always be one or two idiots at soccer venues looking for trouble or random people being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and Cardiff would be no exception. Not to label any club with a bad name but they do have their problems as with a large number of club teams you could probably envisage. There are also sporadic incidents at lower league level or wherever you find them.

I think this here link should be information enough if people want to look further into the issue. Yes it appears this did in fact occur unfortunately.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=122279

I wouldnt use this to tar Cardiff fans or Wales in general. The only evidence of this is one guys facebook post. And considering its the only story Ive heard like this, and I heard it on here, Id take the story with a pinch of salt.

I don't have a problem with the Welsh. I think they're mainly decent individuals and true, apart from some social network reports, there is no tangible evidence of this incident. Looked through some South Wales news pages recently but could find no mention. But not everything that occurs in the world, makes it into the media.

Unfortunately, from what I could ascertain, it does look as though this attack did indeed take place, and it's more than just (usual) idle rumors on social network pages. People have a few intoxicants, see a rival fan, and things can escalate into a situation, so seems like a genuine enough story. I hope the victims in question are OK. These kind of incidents will occur up and down the country unfortunately, so let's be careful out there.

A reply to The Regulator.<br /><br />The person who told me about the incident is my oldest lifelong friend, a person I trust with my life, who is respected by all who<br />know him. If he says he saw it on a local news item then I totally believe him. I would also add he is a Rugby mad bloke<br />and he told me because I was at the game and wondered if I saw or heard anything.<br /><br />As for Facebook, im not on it think its crap, and it nearly split another friend,s marriage up with a false and malicious rumour.<br />From what I know about Facebook, a person may say they have around 600 friends on there, but only see or really bother with<br />about 10 out of the 600.<br /><br />I know many Cardiff fans who go to the matches, all tidy lads who love their club like I love Everton, and have great pub banter<br />and football debates. And being welsh myself would be the last to cast aspersions against other welsh people.<br /><br />So on what ive heard made me ask about an incident that believe me I hope didn't happen, but with more than a pinch of salt<br />I think something happened because of who told me.<br /><br />Other than Everton not winning I had a great day out in Cardiff and the atmosphere was not one of intimidation<br /><br />I am only interested in getting to the facts of what sounded an awful incident. If I thought it was just a nasty rumour<br />or made up gossip I would not have bothered posting in the first place.

Disgraceful if it happened. Every club have idiotic fans, and Cardiff are no different. 90% of their fans are spot on but unfortunately the other 10% seem to grab the headlines. Some Cardiff fans are proper idiots though, experienced it when watching Wales. If they're unable to pick a fight with opposing fans they'll turn on their own hopeing you're a jack or a Wrexham fan so they can smack you. I know Cardiff and Swansea are big big rivals but when we're watching Wales it's just not on.

Edited by Geth

Disgraceful if it happened. Every club have idiotic fans, and Cardiff are no different. 90% of their fans are spot on but unfortunately the other 10% seem to grab the headlines. Some Cardiff fans are proper idiots though, experienced it when watching Wales. If they're unable to pick a fight with opposing fans they'll turn on their own hopeing you're a jack or a Wrexham fan so they can smack you. I know Cardiff and Swansea are big big rivals but when we're watching Wales it's just not on.

Was at the Wales v Sweden friendly at the Liberty earlier this year, Swans fans baiting the cops and singing anti Cardiff songs, they were mostly youngsters, 15 upwards but never before have I been so ashamed to be Welsh. :(