IGNORED

StubHub

skiathospurs

I come in peace to seek reactions to stubhub.We on the forum below and other spurs forums,are squarley against what we view as legalised touting and profiteering by our club.

Snubhub Petition

As you will see in the above thread a petition has begun to ask the club to review this arrangement.The thread also has links to many interesting aricles about the subject which you may or may not be interested in?
Are you ok with your club and stubhub?has there been any comments at all?
You will see one post has details of a ticket vs west ham this weekend for £750!!on stubhub.Did you know that a season ticket holder can resell at the normal match price and the buyer (tout!isnt that what they are called?) can then legally!! resell at whatever price they decide inspite of whatever the STholder wishes.And many more disturbing consequences of THFC and stubhub aligning in this deal.

Are you interested in asking the same in a similar thread on your site?
I am sure all fair minded spurs fans would give you support if you wish to petition against this,as you are all welcomed or encouraged to sign our petition.
Many thanks,enjoy what looks to be a very promising season for you all.

If you don`t care simply reply as such,I am just interested to see if you have any reactions even negative.

Also I am not here to rummage through your site,I always wonder why people look at opposing teams forums,It has a nice easy to use feel though.Congratulations.

Thanks,I take it that you wouldnt use it,therefore you are not in favour of clubs allowing this?Our season tkt waiting list is years to even get into the top 10,000.They rarely come up for a new owner,i understand them staying in the family.From what it seems is going on at spurs the same seats are for sale over and over and obviously being used mainly to sell seats,not personal use.If this system becomes a nice little earner even fewer will come up for grabs.Are touts a problem at goodison?at the away end I didnt see any but there is always far too many plods for touts to operate there.Reportedly there has been an increase in hassling by touts from WHL station to the ground.We have always had this problem and most regular fans despise them at spurs.

We are blaming our club more than stubhub for taking the money and allowing this.

thanks again.

Edited by skiathospurs

does StubHub pay us anything? Depending on that answer, a club with our financial frailties cannot afford to turn down income.

From what I understand, its not StubHub thats the issue - its greedy bastards looking to exploit people and if StubHub doesnt get used, you'll have people doing the same on eBay, plus more and more on the streets.

Ive not got an objection to the site, but I do have an objection to people exploiting others.

does StubHub pay us anything? Depending on that answer, a club with our financial frailties cannot afford to turn down income.

From what I understand, its not StubHub thats the issue - its greedy bastards looking to exploit people and if StubHub doesnt get used, you'll have people doing the same on eBay, plus more and more on the streets.

Ive not got an objection to the site, but I do have an objection to people exploiting others.

Informed opinion (cos none of us see the actual paperwork) is that spurs were paid a flat fee and then % is also recovered from each sale.I would guess that is true seeing all the perimeter advertising for stubhub..

As for if stubhub didnt do it someone else will,well that is what has been going on for a century,

this is the legal jargon about ticket resales "....resale of football tickets is illegal under section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994. This Act stipulates that it is an offence for an unauthorised person to sell a ticket for a designated football match or otherwise dispose of such a ticket to another person....If someone is convicted of ticket touting at football matches under UK law, they may be liable to a fine of up to £5,000 and have a football banning order imposed upon them.

So if you sell a spare ticket to a mate at face value or even give your ticket away, you could be fined 5 grand!!

But by making a partnership between club(officially licensed to sell) and stubhub it circumvents the law.Now stubhub is part of ebay,but if you put your ticket on there you would be prosecuted.

Thanks Matt

Edited by skiathospurs

Informed opinion (cos none of us see the actual paperwork) is that spurs were paid a flat fee and then % is also recovered from each sale.I would guess that is true seeing all the perimeter advertising for stubhub..

As for if stubhub didnt do it someone else will,well that is what has been going on for a century,

this is the legal jargon about ticket resales "....resale of football tickets is illegal under section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994. This Act stipulates that it is an offence for an unauthorised person to sell a ticket for a designated football match or otherwise dispose of such a ticket to another person....If someone is convicted of ticket touting at football matches under UK law, they may be liable to a fine of up to £5,000 and have a football banning order imposed upon them.

So if you sell a spare ticket to a mate at face value or even give your ticket away, you could be fined 5 grand!!

But by making a partnership between club(officially licensed to sell) and stubhub it circumvents the law.Now stubhub is part of ebay,but if you put your ticket on there you would be prosecuted.

Thanks Matt

didnt realise that! sounds like a good thing to have it then, doesnt it? Gives the clubs money, stops people getting fined, helps reduce touts on the road...

Again, the problem is with greedy people, not the site. Just my opinion though. Good luck with your petition :)