IGNORED

Seamus Coleman - Before They Were Stars

40M on Ozil would suggest otherwise.

And £40m bid for Bugs Bunny, who it turns out DID have a release clause after all

They're names, and players who play for "big" clubs. Wenger would look at Coleman and think "he only plays for Everton and they only paid £60K for him, so they'll be making a big profit and will be pleased if we bid £5million."

They had no option but to bid big for Ozil and Suarez.

Edited by Romey 1878

They're names, and players who play for "big" clubs. Wenger would look at Coleman and think "he only plays for Everton and they only paid £60K for him, so they'll be making a big profit and will be pleased if we bid £5million."

They had no option but to bid big for Ozil and Suarez.

You could be right, we'll see soon enough I guess. I think the Ozil and Suarez bids are more to do with a change in Aresnal's strategy, considering the transfer record was smashed by about 300%. But I can see only one big signing per season for them, they won't suddenly splash the cash all over the place they're too well run financially for that. Their priority is a striker surely, especially with Jenkinson they already have to play right back. I suppose they could test the waters with a cheeky £10m bid, and they would be told where to go :)

if arsenal's strategy had changed that much they would have got suarez..or someone else in january..they didn't bother and have fucked it again

They spent over £40m on one player, quite a change in strategy from recent times. Like I said I only see one big signing per year though, with summer being the most likely window for obvious reasons

i don't count 1 big signing as a change of strategy..maybe you're right though..guess we'll see in the summer..just feel if they were serious about changing it then they'd have spent big in january too...not always just for panic buys..it's costing them now

It was more the fee of more than 3 times their previous transfer record I meant. I think even with big spending (by their standards) like that, they still won't go crazy splashing the cash. At the end of the day they're probably nearly paid up on the cost of the Emirates now, 8 years of trophy-less football versus getting a world class stadium without a sugar daddy, and then getting back into the black eventually. Frustration for the fans in being the nearly men for 8 years, but they've said all along they've got a stadium to pay for. That's why I think Wenger has done such an amazing job, always surprised when some sections of their fans call for his head