IGNORED

Unlucky club?

Searched to see if a topic like this existed. Not sure it does?

Anyway. Was looking through a book I have and it lists all our league finishes.

Something struck me.

We won the league in 1914/15 having not done so for 23 years. Great. Only then the league was suspended for 4 years for World War One.

We did Ok after that.

After pretty much being a mid table team for 6 years, we won the league in 1938/39. Only for the league to be suspended for 7 years for World War 2.

It took us another 17 years to claim the title.

Fast forward to the 80's. The School of Science. We won the league in 84/85, also the European cup winners cup. Many thought we would go on to win the European Cup with that team. Only English clubs got banned for 5 years and that was that.

I also wonder how influential it was to, not so much move from anfield, but to not chose the name of the City we originally belonged? Or if the move never happened in the first place?

What's in a name? Quite a lot I think when it comes to instant recognition connecting a club with a place.

Just a deep thought. Any other examples? Or am I talking shite?!

Nice post, but unlucky is an excuse. On the field and off.

It is if it's used in that manner. But when you string events out of your control together, the general term tends to be 'unlucky'. And these events were definitely out of our control. Maybe cursed?! Haha!!!

It makes me think I don't fancy us winning the league anytime soon...could do without World War 3!!!

It is if it's used in that manner. But when you string events out of your control together, the general term tends to be 'unlucky'. And these events were definitely out of our control. Maybe cursed?! Haha!!!

It makes me think I don't fancy us winning the league anytime soon...could do without World War 3!!!

:rofl:

Well.... there is Putin!