IGNORED

Tribute to Saddam Hussein

Guest millwallforever

Guest millwallforever

I studied theology for two years; I was all intent on becoming a priest (until I found my girl). My advisor was a fiercely proud Irishman from Kilkenny. His sister was married to an Iraqi Christian. I had the privilege of meeting this couple; what struck me was their love for Saddam Hussein. 'Saddam took care of the minorities.' That was their view.

And seriously: we resisted and toppled the two most progressive regimes in the Muslim world: (i) Tariki/Amin/Najibullah in Afghanistan and (ii) Saddam's Baathists in Iraq. If we had allowed these two regimes to thrive, the Islamic world would have been very different today. We are to blame for the terrorism emanating from the Islamic world.

When Saddam invaded Kuwait we should have praised him rather than admonishing him. And we should have added: "now get the Saudi scum."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ5hI8vc6NY

Edited by millwallforever

Guest millwallforever

Mama mia, you understand more than just football. Always thought you were a spineless bimbo, but I will have to revise my opinion now:

He brought stability in that region with his heavy hand. He was also a counterbalance to Iran.

Guest millwallforever

I would prefer Saddam ahead of Blair any time of the day. Blair is insect; Saddam is not. Big difference.

Just because he "might" be better than what's in place now doesn't mean he deserves a tribute -- a case of lesser evils?

Hindsight is 20/20.

How was he a great man?

He was nothing more than a delusional narcissist who used his position to rape multiple women and men within his sect, thought he was above the law and reproach and that the rules of society did not apply to him.

His "revolutionary suicide" was nothing more then mass murder those that refused to drink his concoction were forced to do so by armed guard.

If you regard such a man as Jones a great man then I'd seriously question your own mentality no man that forces his own beliefs down others throats and uses a self built position of power to rape and murder (no matter how you gloss it) people including nearly 300 children is a "great man" he's just another one of histories shit stains with a severe case of NPD

I don't think anybody can say he was a great man, that's just not true. He was a ruthless dictator who committed thousands of war crimes.

However, the Middle East needs that sort of ruling. Without it you see what's happening today. The uprising of extremists like ISIS.